Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wrong address listed

Default Wrong address listed

Hi All

Need to know if I should send refund, after the following:

Posted a buyer's game to the address at the bottom of the auction log page as normal. After awhile contacted buyer to find no game arrived, so sent a refund. Once again contacted buyer to find no refund had arrived?

Asked the buyer to confirm address and it's a different door number and road from the one listed same city and county.

Is it still down to me to refund

Regards Tony
    Welcome to Wonderland

SantasWonderland DVD Grotto

SantasWonderland Vinyl & CD Grotto

All round entertainment, not just for Christmas

Join EBID now and join in all the fun yourself

Mmm.. I'd ask admin for guidance on this one.
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

There's a thought, thanks Jude
    Welcome to Wonderland

SantasWonderland DVD Grotto

SantasWonderland Vinyl & CD Grotto

All round entertainment, not just for Christmas

Join EBID now and join in all the fun yourself

View youmeus's Feedback (+203)
    All-About youmeus
    View youmeus's Listings
    Forum Posts

I had this happen too. The buyer should have put 225 for the house number but it was 22. I resent it at my expense and she never left feedback so don't know if she thought I should have done more or what.

She had time to send me an email saying I should have made sure the address was verified. I don't know where she thought her responsibility was.

I just had a similar thing happen, a new ebider used the poopal account to pay... which had an old address where my buyer no longer leaves... but you "must ship to the confirmed address"... etc....now we (the buyer and I) don't know if the item will be forwarded, returned to me...etc
    I would say in the above case and my case... this is an error from the buyer, correct?

Leslie

sorry ... lives (not leaves)...

Leslie

View youmeus's Feedback (+203)
    All-About youmeus
    View youmeus's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes, I think it is the buyers error but what can we do about it? I didn't want a negative feedback so paid the shipping myself and then they ignored the feedback. I used AAL, ask buyer a question to ask if they got the package and there was no response. Oh well, just more of that education I get from the school of hard knocks! LOL

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crochetdoilies View Post
    I just had a similar thing happen, a new ebider used the poopal account to pay... which had an old address where my buyer no longer leaves... but you "must ship to the confirmed address"... etc....now we (the buyer and I) don't know if the item will be forwarded, returned to me...etc
    I would say in the above case and my case... this is an error from the buyer, correct?
    If the buyer wants the item there is no reason why they can't get in touch with whoever lives at the adress now. If I find that there is a difference adress with ppal to the one here, I ask them where they want it sent to

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Santa45 View Post
    Hi All

Need to know if I should send refund, after the following:

Posted a buyer's game to the address at the bottom of the auction log page as normal. After awhile contacted buyer to find no game arrived, so sent a refund. Once again contacted buyer to find no refund had arrived?

Asked the buyer to confirm address and it's a different door number and road from the one listed same city and county.

Is it still down to me to refund

Regards Tony
    Hi Tony. My view is that unless we get a special request from a buyer, we should always use the address provided by ebid. I would let the buyer know that you sent the item to the address they provided, and ask them to speak to the new owners to see if they have received. I would not refund in these circumstances. If they buyer left unwearranted neg feedback , speak with ebid support.

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crochetdoilies View Post
    Depends on what address is on ebid as that's the one that matters for an ebid sale.

Thread Information