Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Haggling in shops

Barnsley, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View DaisyChain's Feedback (+76)
    All-About DaisyChain
    View DaisyChain's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just to update this.........

2 of the stores i went to had shocking customer service, one in paticular......

The third, the sales assistant was great, and I did get a small discount, Only a fiver

but, it was the cheapest anywhere I had seen the model inlcuding all the online places in new condition. I could of got one on fleabay, for slightly cheaper, but after postage and then risking the parcel going missing in the post.........it really wouldnt of been worthwile especially as recently I had a parcel turn up from february with a "were sorry" note from royal mail............

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

What I do in cases like this, where I get discounts, is put the money in a savings account. It is surprising how fast the balance builds up.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

Forum Saint
    View papagran40's Feedback (+261)
    All-About papagran40
    View papagran40's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by manstomar View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has tried the above, as Im thikning of being a bit cheeky tomorrow and seeing if I can get a big name retail place to come down in price over a Acer Netbook I have seen

So anyone tried it, any hints?
    Hi there , shortly after we were married ( 46 years ago ) we wanted a freezer...I asked our then local elec;shop about a discount for cash...we do not do that..was the reply..I said ok I will get it in the next town...it will cost you more in petrol and what ever else...I said well you will not be getting my money , and walked towards the door...wait he called...will you accept XXX % discount.???...
    I said no and the discount went up....so I agreed then...it does work...the wife will not go into a shop with me ,because a always go for the jugular..I just cannot help it.....Papa.

West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View merlin's Feedback (+3081)
    All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

forget trying it at p.c. world or curry`s won`t even listen to you

Quote Originally Posted by merlin View Post
    forget trying it at p.c. world or curry`s won`t even listen to you
    check online before going to pc world and currys (same holdings). They often have website deals that are not available in store - you just reserve, print out the page and then take it with you - they reduce it at the tills. Saved loads doing it this way.

One time I forgot the printout - I get internet on my phone, so I bashed up the page, and they still give me the discount!

I *never* buy full price for something in shops until Ive double checked online first.....

Forum Lurker
    View RATLINTOEZ's Feedback (+38)
    All-About RATLINTOEZ
    View RATLINTOEZ's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yesterday i went into Woolworth, and haggled on a set of outdoor Christmas lights,That Mrs Ratlin,had took a fancy to.I didn't think they were worth £19.99 (of course i would have bulked at 99p)
    A closer inspection revealed that the box was badly split along the back.
    I pointed it out to the sales assistant,the Manager came & offered us a Fiver reduction.Now I'm a big bloke 6.5 & 20 Stone, so whether this had anything to do with it,or reading the press today woollies are really under the cosh at the minute,so perhaps that was the reason,but whatever the reason, Woolworth do have some great deals at the minute,and if you can Haggle,then go for it. Also Our son Ratlin JR saved £25.00 on a Necklace he was buying his
    Fiancée ,by paying Cash there & then

Ratlin.
    Last edited by RATLINTOEZ; 20th November 2008 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RATLINTOEZ View Post
    Yesterday i went into Woolworth, and haggled on a set of outdoor Christmas lights,That Mrs Ratlin,had took a fancy to.I didn't think they were worth £19.99 (of course i would have bulked at 99p)
    I pointed it out to the sales assistant,the Manager came & offered us a Fiver reduction.Now I'm a big bloke 6.5 & 20 Stone, so whether this had anything to do with it,or reading the press today woollies are really under the cosh at the minute,so perhaps that was the reason,but whatever the reason, Woolworth do have some great deals at the minute,and if you can Haggle,then go for it. Also Our son Ratlin JR saved £25.00 on a Necklace he was buying his

Ratlin.
    Funny enough we had a £3 off if you spend £30 thrust into our hands when we went into Woolworths on Sunday. It was dated for the previous Thursday - they obviously are getting very desperate for sales now

Quote Originally Posted by VandTnut View Post
    There's a difference between somebody trying to get "the best deal" and the "joker, poser, wannabees" that you just want to turn a fire hose full of bacon fat on BEFORE you sic the dogs on them.
    Regards
    ED
    There are days I would pay top dollar for above mentioned fire hose! I like to get a bargain too, so I suppose that creates mixed feelings.
    <a href=http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures target=_blank><font color=#111111><span style=font-family: Tahoma>http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures</span></font></a>

I YDC, Do you?

Forum Lurker
    View RATLINTOEZ's Feedback (+38)
    All-About RATLINTOEZ
    View RATLINTOEZ's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RATLINTOEZ View Post

Ratlin.

Ratlin Jr Has Asked me (OK demanded) to point out that
    he did not buy his Fiancées Necklace at Woolworth.
    Not that there is nothing the matter with this,as i pointed out I'm sure His Grandfather,bought His Grandmother's Wedding ring in Woolworth,.....Half an hour before the ceremony!

Thread Information