Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 67 of 85 FirstFirst ... 17575859606162636465666768697071727374757677 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Second-Life - Promote eBid for peanuts!

View rupert691's Feedback (+2286)
    All-About rupert691
    View rupert691's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyTheVeryBest View Post
    Just dropped "a few bob" in the box

I forget about all the free L$ i'm accruing lol

Yv x
    Oh Yv!

What can I say! A 'few bob' indeed! Thank you very, very much on behalf of the Group! It's people like you that keep the Project going! You are very kind!

It looks like we'll all be having a great Christmas Party then, so expect more details to follow soon. I hope to see a big turn out too!

Sorry I missed you in-world.

Take care and hope to see you soon. xxx

All the best, Simon.

ps. can you PM (or IM me in-world) your email address please, - for when I need it again? It was on my old PC that blew up. Thanks.
    Promote your eBid Sales with us on 'Second-Life'. If you'd like to join the SL eBid Group, please PM me for an Invite to help Promote your eBid Store/Listings!

'Rupert's Books' for Unusual used books!

Post Thank you

Yv x
    I'd like to say a big thank you to Yv your donation was very kind.

Simon, Peggy and I are planning a big Christmas bash and that will help us to do so much more!

I'd also like to say thank you to all the new SL members who have joined us from eBid and the ones who have joined eBid from SL. We are getting quite a nice little online community going now!

All of you out there who are unsure what SL is please contact Simon, Peggy or myself and we will be delighted to help!

All the best to everyone

Wendy

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yv x
    I would like to say thanks too and I don't think I could say it any better than Simon and Wendy have so -------- WHAT THEY SAID

Loves and Blessings,
    Peggy
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

Forum Newbie
    View BBooks's Feedback (+13)
    All-About BBooks
    View BBooks's Listings
    Forum Posts

@rupert691 -- I've been in Second Life for about 2 years. It's a great place, but I haven't found that much connection with RL (real life). The closest approach so far is their new html on a prim, which allows a web page to show in SL.

As you say in your remarks, the SL economy is very, very, very cheap. For my products, books, SL is not a plus. Since it's a graphic world, the more detail, such as words on a page, the longer it takes to rez. A few people have created publications there, it's possible to do.

I'm currently scaling back my presence there -- but if you look for me, I'm Birdie Newcomb.

All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BBooks View Post
    @rupert691 -- I've been in Second Life for about 2 years. It's a great place, but I haven't found that much connection with RL (real life). The closest approach so far is their new html on a prim, which allows a web page to show in SL.

As you say in your remarks, the SL economy is very, very, very cheap. For my products, books, SL is not a plus. Since it's a graphic world, the more detail, such as words on a page, the longer it takes to rez. A few people have created publications there, it's possible to do.

I'm currently scaling back my presence there -- but if you look for me, I'm Birdie Newcomb.

Hi BBooks,

I don't mean to jump in but Simon will be by later I am sure. What the adverts are in the SL Manderley Shopping Mall are where people can click on the ad and then it does let them click to open a web page to the advert's eBid store/auctions so this is probably what you are talking about html on a prim. The idea is to let people on SL that may never come in contact with or know about eBid be able to know about it and the advert's stores.

I don't know if you have been to our mall and seen the adverts, but if not and you would like to this is the SLURL for it.

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Narugo/230/210/96

If we can be of more help let us know and hopefully Simon will be along soon.

Regards,
    Peggy
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

All-About rupert691
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BBooks View Post

Hi Birdie,

Thanks Peggy for that. Yes, that's really how we've been using SL to promote eBid. First to promote eBid itself and get the name out there, which has been very successful so far, and secondly to make available Advert Panels, with a direct link to the Seller's lists/auctions. (We decided to go for 'Direct Links' rather than 'Primmed URLs' to keep lag to a minimum). As you say, it is fairly straightforward to make a 'virtual book' in SL. I've looked at the THiNC books and Printing Press, but really couldn't think of a suitable use for it Project-wise.

Thank you very much for joining the eBid SL Group, and we look forward to meeting you in-world sometime soon.

The latest batch of DD winners are as follows:-

Georgia Caerndow M
    Veranique Andel NM

Lanie Jigsaw NM
    Laurent Bolissima NM

Liz Karillion NM
    Saja Serevi NM

Sathor Chatnoir M
    Synge Takacs M

SoftStuff Dreadlow NM
    Di Vultee M

Wobergorn Mistwallow M
    Sophie Pagan NM

Congratulatiosn to all the above!

Take care, Simon.
    Promote your eBid Sales with us on 'Second-Life'. If you'd like to join the SL eBid Group, please PM me for an Invite to help Promote your eBid Store/Listings!

All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Congrats to Georgia, Sathor M Synge, Di, and Wobergorn for their L$75 wins and Veranique, Laniem, Laurent, Liz, Saja, SoftStuff, and Sophie for their L$25 wins.
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

All-About rupert691
    Forum Posts

Hi everyone!

I am pleased to announce another exciting development to the Manderley Mall Area. Regular reader's to this thread will know that it is the Group's aim to constantly evolve the area, in order to attract more traffic so that your eBid adverts are seen.

This last week, the Group has been busy building a county pond area, which uses the '7 Seas' Second-Life Fishing Game. The '7 Seas' Fishing System is very popular, and has a large group of dedicated fish-collectors. It works like this:- 'Second-Lifer's' can buy a rod from our vendor 'in-world' (there are three different models, starting at as little as L$1 for the 'Demo' rod). They can then 'fish', and catch wearable novelty fish, that swim around you. Each fish can be 'named' too! There are many different fish to collect and new ones are added all the time by '7 Seas'. There is also a points system, and fishing contests are held regularly all over SL. I have never fished in RL (I know!), but I have been reliably informed that SL fishing does have the same feel! (I know! ROFL).

In addition, anywhere that hosts a '7 Seas' fishing area, can have their area listed on the '7 Seas' web site (Which I intend to do shortly), and also, (perhaps the most exciting aspect of all), design 'Custom' Fish, which Fish Collectors will only be able to catch from the Manderley Fishing' Area. We've got a few novelty 'Custom Fish' ideas in the pipeline, and are considering doing a 'Personalities of Project Second-Life' Series! ROFL! (I know! ). So if anyone wants to be imortalised as a characaturefish to be caught in our pond by all and sundry, just let us know. This 'offer' will be open to all with an interest in the Project, both in-worlders and regular readers to the thread.

We also intend to host Fishing Contests too. Contests can be run on an individual level, or as teams.

I'd like to say a big thank you to Peggy who constantly reassured me after the Land Parcel I was working on was transformed suddenly into a building site, by the notoriously difficult to use 'Landscapers Friend' tool; and also for making the lovely 'alpha-texture' grasses that surround the pond. My thanks also go out to Wendy for the lovely plants you have made, they are so lifelike as they sway in the virtual 'breeze', that have to be seen to be believed.

If anyone has any questions at all regarding this (and I am sure we will have a load ), just let one of us know.

All the best, Simon.

All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rupert691 View Post
    Hi everyone!

In addition, anywhere that hosts a '7 Seas' fishing area, can have their area listed on the '7 Seas' web site (Which I intend to do shortly), and also, (perhaps the most exciting aspect of all), design 'Custom' Fish, which Fish Collectors will only be able to catch from the Manderley Fishing' Area. We've got a few novelty 'Custom Fish' ideas in the pipeline, and are considering doing a 'Personalities of Project Second-Life' Series! ROFL! (I know! ). So if anyone wants to be imortalised as a characaturefish to be caught in our pond by all and sundry, just let us know. This 'offer' will be open to all with an interest in the Project, both in-worlders and regular readers to the thread.

All the best, Simon.

Hi all ----

The pond really is beautiful and I realize I am a little biased because I love water areas and scenes but I think it is the most beautiful part of all around the mall. Although all 3 of us (and a few others) have been more than free with our thoughts it is really Simon that has made the transfiguration of the parcel come about. LOL that will teach him to take me fishing and get into a discussion about the project at the same time.

Simon, I think it would be a good idea to make a characaturefish of the store logo of the adverts in the mall for the collectors to be able to add to their collection. More advertising for them.
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

View Rednosty's Feedback (+998)
    All-About Rednosty
    View Rednosty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rupert691 View Post
    Hi everyone!

I am pleased to announce another exciting development to the Manderley Mall Area. Regular reader's to this thread will know that it is the Group's aim to constantly evolve the area, in order to attract more traffic so that your eBid adverts are seen.

This last week, the Group has been busy building a county pond area, which uses the '7 Seas' Second-Life Fishing Game. The '7 Seas' Fishing System is very popular, and has a large group of dedicated fish-collectors. It works like this:- 'Second-Lifer's' can buy a rod from our vendor 'in-world' (there are three different models, starting at as little as L$1 for the 'Demo' rod). They can then 'fish', and catch wearable novelty fish, that swim around you. Each fish can be 'named' too! There are many different fish to collect and new ones are added all the time by '7 Seas'. There is also a points system, and fishing contests are held regularly all over SL. I have never fished in RL (I know!), but I have been reliably informed that SL fishing does have the same feel! (I know! ROFL).

We also intend to host Fishing Contests too. Contests can be run on an individual level, or as teams.

I'd like to say a big thank you to Peggy who constantly reassured me after the Land Parcel I was working on was transformed suddenly into a building site, by the notoriously difficult to use 'Landscapers Friend' tool; and also for making the lovely 'alpha-texture' grasses that surround the pond. My thanks also go out to Wendy for the lovely plants you have made, they are so lifelike as they sway in the virtual 'breeze', that have to be seen to be believed.

If anyone has any questions at all regarding this (and I am sure we will have a load ), just let one of us know.

All the best, Simon.
    LOL good job I'm not in the picture as I only charge £500 Personal Appearance fee!

Vintage Mechanical and Quartz Watches
    and collectables

Click on the link to enter my store

Why not visit my New Store. Where you will find almost anything

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Rednostys-All-Sorts-Store

Thread Information