My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mark & Gazza-With current growth of eBid please note some polls

Apparently Lofty hasn't had any answer yet either....with the site just winning the silver top 10 site award I would see this as more important than ever. This site does so much right and could so easily be even better and knock it out of the park with just a few minor adjustments......IMHO of course.....

What about the creation of an easy to use bulk uploader or fewer categories in the books department - I mean does the autobiography section really need 12 sub categories ?????

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bookalicious View Post
    What about the creation of an easy to use bulk uploader or fewer categories in the books department - I mean does the autobiography section really need 12 sub categories ?????
    If you would like to suggest changes to the categories the best place for this is in the category suggestions thread nearer above this one.

As for the bulklister, in addition to the official version there is also a "boot-leg" edition which was designed by Jimbo one of our members. I haven't used it myself, but it looks much easier to use. It can be found at www.ebidinfo.com along with a variety of other useful tools.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

View AnnaBee's Feedback (+57)
    All-About AnnaBee
    View AnnaBee's Listings
    Forum Posts

Unhappy

Well, I have been away for a couple of weeks & have been so depressed to come back & see everything here is just the same........e*** are still dessimating their site & hundreds of sellers have left & are looking for somewhere else to sell....there is this huge surge of sellers joining ebid..........buyers too are looking for stuff to buy............everyone here has been working so hard promoting this site in every conceivable way.........
    IMHO there are 3 main reasons ebid fails to attract buyers:
    1. No bids shown on the listings
    2. Flashing rrrrrrrrrs on the listings
    3. Run until sold

It is clear that many others agree with me so WHY WHY WHY don't Mark & Gazza take action????????????????

I think I have lost the will to continue here.......................

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaBee View Post
    Well, I have been away for a couple of weeks & have been so depressed to come back & see everything here is just the same........e*** are still dessimating their site & hundreds of sellers have left & are looking for somewhere else to sell....there is this huge surge of sellers joining ebid..........buyers too are looking for stuff to buy............everyone here has been working so hard promoting this site in every conceivable way.........
    3. Run until sold

It is clear that many others agree with me so WHY WHY WHY don't Mark & Gazza take action????????????????

I think Gazza and Mark have had bigger concerns the past couple of weeks - see Gazzas most recent post on the following thread http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread....366#post806366

In my experience the type of change you are requesting ( if agreed) would happen as part of a planned revamp. Just because there is no reply doesn't mean it's not being considered.

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

All is not lost there was no comment as far as I know about the holiday settings appeal. But that has been integrated, it just shows that if you wait they will adopt ideas that they see as pheasable as and when they can. Don't forget that eBid is run by a very small team and they have to prioritise things very rigidly.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View Gill's Feedback (+517)
    All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FBNeNotes View Post
    I might add... does no good to advertise if site need some real fixins.
    No more Flashing Rrrrrrrrrr's
    and No more visible Run Until Sold.

Thanks for your efforts.
    Hi FB - I can understand the flashing R's request but why are you asking that Run Until Sold should not be visible?
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaBee View Post
    3. Run until sold

I totally disagree. These issues are trivial in my view (although I'd probably go along with everyone else). Actually things aren't the same. There's been some major improvement to the category structure in the last few days, far more important.

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PGPicks View Post
    Hi FB - I can understand the flashing R's request but why are you asking that Run Until Sold should not be visible?
    Some people would prefer it if the name 'Run till sold' is not shown. They're not asking for visibility of the listings themselves to be reduced if I remember correctly.

Thread Information