eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: PPPay

Forum Lurker
    View cruellady's Feedback (+42)
    All-About cruellady
    View cruellady's Listings
    Forum Posts

I went to pay someone here using PPPay, but having read their small print, realised there's no real buyer protection/resolution service as with PP and GC, so I don't offer it as a seller. There are other established Escrow services if you need one for high value/risk transactions.

Cru
    x

Forum Lurker
    Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View goldsovereign's Feedback (+7)
    All-About goldsovereign
    View goldsovereign's Listings
    Forum Posts

With all the evident negatives spoken of in this thread, especially the buyer having to verify an account before payment is remitted to the seller, I will regretably be removing PPPay as a payment option until changes are made. It seems that Google checkout is well recommended so I will add that in replacement. As we all know, the buyer in particular wants a transparent and easy(trouble free) method of payment to enable them to receive the purchased good as quickly as possible. That appears to be a major failing in the various threads I have seen. What a pity!

View klj's Feedback (+3320)
    All-About klj
    View klj's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cruellady View Post
    I went to pay someone here using PPPay, but having read their small print, realised there's no real buyer protection/resolution service as with PP and GC, so I don't offer it as a seller. There are other established Escrow services if you need one for high value/risk transactions.

Cru
    x
    Cru - Can you please give me a recommendation for established Escrow services? I'm not keen on PPPay but would like to add an Escrow account to my options. No idea who to use. Thanks.

Forum Lurker
    View cruellady's Feedback (+42)
    All-About cruellady
    View cruellady's Listings
    Forum Posts

klj - I would recommend
    http://auctionchex.com/
    LancashireLad & Co are old hands on the Other Place, and have recently fully integrated with PP. They also offer money order conversion at lower-than-bank fees. I've used them in the past, and they're rock solid.

Cru
    x

Forum Lurker
    Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View goldsovereign's Feedback (+7)
    All-About goldsovereign
    View goldsovereign's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by cruellady View Post
    klj - I would recommend
    http://auctionchex.com/
    LancashireLad & Co are old hands on the Other Place, and have recently fully integrated with PP. They also offer money order conversion at lower-than-bank fees. I've used them in the past, and they're rock solid.

Cru
    x
    Hi Cru,
    Thank you. Have been to the site and looks to be a good alternative.

View klj's Feedback (+3320)
    All-About klj
    View klj's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks Cru! Will give that a try. xxx

I have joined eBid very recently (after years in Another Place) and was wondering whether to add PPPay to my auctions.

Having read their small print very thoroughly, and The useful points and information in this thread, I've decided against adding it and will stick with PayP** despite their higher fees. I think that it's a lot easier for Buyers to understand.

I, too, can recommend the auctionchex services for anyone requiring escrow.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by highfellsdrifter View Post
    I have joined eBid very recently (after years in Another Place) and was wondering whether to add PPPay to my auctions.

Having read their small print very thoroughly, and The useful points and information in this thread, I've decided against adding it and will stick with PayP** despite their higher fees. I think that it's a lot easier for Buyers to understand.

I, too, can recommend the auctionchex services for anyone requiring escrow.
    Take a look at Google Checkout if you haven't already (sorry, didn't notice your country, so I'm assuming it's available to you). It's nice to use as both buyer and seller, and cheaper than paypal.

Default I wouldn't.

I've just removed PPPay from my auctions. On the 23rd I tried to log into my PPPay account to check my balance and did so successfully. I then decided to send some money to another PPPay user. PPPay crashed and I was then unable to log in ("Your account is currently inaccessible"). I emailed PPPay support and was rewarded with an automated email saying they aimed to respond within 1 hour.
    On the 24th I emailed them again. No response.
    On the 25th I emailed them again. No response.
    On the 26th I emailed them again. No response.
    Today I emailed them again. No response.

So if you want really pppoor customer service then sign up to them.

I wish I'd read this before spending hard-earned dosh getting verified then amending listings to inlicde PPPay.

What's the sort of buyer % paying via PPPay as opposed to Google and the dreaded Poopah and Nochex? No - never mind - that's probably a silly question anyway.

Thread Information