eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just Joined - One question please

Default Just Joined - One question please

Hello all,
    I'm another ex-Feebayer who's fed up of making a loss - I'm a small hobby seller who only sells my own stuff. I just signed up here this morning, and I'm going to cancel all my listings on the other site and list them here.

My question is this - the rules say that

# Listings with links to another website and/or where you are offering the same item for sale

are banned.

I was thinking of adding a link to my feedback page on the other site so that people can see that I'm genuine. I won't be linking to any of my auctions or shop items (there won't be any in about 5-6 days), but would I be in bother if I add the link to my feedback?

I don't want to cause trouble before I've even got properly started!

Thanks.
    Last edited by madaboutcrafting; 13th September 2008 at 07:57 AM.

Forum Lurker
    View bobyjo's Feedback (+1)
    All-About bobyjo
    View bobyjo's Listings
    Forum Posts

hi ithink you can bring your feedback here but dont ask me how..someone with brains will soon..bobbie

Quote Originally Posted by madaboutcrafting View Post
    Hello all,
    I'm another ex-Feebayer who's fed up of making a loss - I'm a small hobby seller who only sells my own stuff. I just signed up here this morning, and 'm going to cancel all my listings on the other site and list them here.

My question is this - the rules say that

# Listings with links to another website and/or where you are offering the same item for sale

are banned.

I was thinking of adding a link to my feedback page on the other site so that people can see that I'm genuine. I won't be linking to any of my auctions or shop items (there won't be any in about 5-6 days), but would I be in bother if I add the link to my feedback?

I don't want to cause trouble before I've even got properly started!

Thanks.
    The linking to any e-commerce website is banned. If you do this, and this is found, then admin will probably put your account on hold

Quote Originally Posted by bobyjo View Post
    hi ithink you can bring your feedback here but dont ask me how..someone with brains will soon..bobbie
    You CANNOT bring (import) feebay feedback as feebay has threatened legal action if eBid do so.

Ok, I thought so.

Never mind, my username is almost the same, so I can refer to it and people can go and look if they want.

Thanks for the responses.

Forum Lurker
    View bobyjo's Feedback (+1)
    All-About bobyjo
    View bobyjo's Listings
    Forum Posts

thats funny i was told you could and i was sent a link to do it ...just as well i didnt..

Quote Originally Posted by madaboutcrafting View Post
    Ok, I thought so.

Never mind, my username is almost the same, so I can refer to it and people can go and look if they want.

Thanks for the responses.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyjo View Post
    thats funny i was told you could and i was sent a link to do it ...just as well i didnt..
    I think a bit of mis-understanding has occurred

You cannot import feebay feedback
    You cannot have a clickable link to your feebay feedback
    You CAN have a screenshot of feebay feedback from (ignore spelling) rapitoo & auction feedback, but the links must be disabled otherwise they are & have been classed as a link to feebay.

Hope this clarifies

Great, many thanks for this.

Di.

Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies2 View Post
    I think a bit of mis-understanding has occurred

You cannot import feebay feedback
    You cannot have a clickable link to your feebay feedback
    You CAN have a screenshot of feebay feedback from (ignore spelling) rapitoo & auction feedback, but the links must be disabled otherwise they are & have been classed as a link to feebay.

Hope this clarifies
    Raindropsies2 is perfectly right (as always).
    Here's the links you'll need:

http://www.repatoo.com

http://www.auctionfb.com

You'll have to join each (for free). When you use the logo import via auctionfb (only) and have inserted it into your About Me page, right-click over the logo and select unlink. (Don't do this for the Repatoo logo). Any probs re how to, come back.

Thread Information