Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: Uproar on ebay

Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View nykmedia's Feedback (+922)
    All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Franky1932,

Sadly, yes there are many would-be sellers on here who sell elsewhere cheaper. Don't ask me to explain it, as I'm flummoxed.

Next, if we are going to compare one site's traffic to another then we need to look at similar sites. Comparing here to the global marketleader IS like comparing a shop in the country with a city centre shopping centre. But I like to think that 'out of town' is always more likely to produce some hidden gems and then develop from there. Do you want this place to be the same as that place? It would mean massive fee hikes and people on the smaller sites complaining bitterly when they had to quit selling here and search elsewhere for a more affordable selling option. and then we'd have the eternal whingers grumbling about seeing eBid adverts everywhere and bowing to the demands of the shareholders whilst fighting off all the law suits generated by so many dodgey sellers. Hmm.... it would be interesting to know which direction this site was heading but regardless of that, if you have already secured your store in this out of town mall then even if the place does explode commercially, we are already here and waiting, we already have our own customer bases and we have worked hard to achieve that

PS: And we'd also be at the front of the queue as potential shareholders LOL
    Be my eBuddy - Join eBid HERE

Raising funds to help feed rescue ponies via my eBid Frugaldom store

Still winning with Racing Book Shop

Nykmedia,

I'm sorry but I just can't agree with your philosophy that 'we want to stay small'. I really cannot understand your thinking. As a seller, the only thing that's going to get me sales is site traffic. The more site traffic there is, the more sales I'll get. Why anyone would want site traffic not to increase is beyond me. You're not an employee of ebay by any chance are you LOL.... hehe, just kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by Franky1932 View Post
    Nykmedia,

I'm sorry but I just can't agree with your philosophy that 'we want to stay small'. I really cannot understand your thinking. As a seller, the only thing that's going to get me sales is site traffic. The more site traffic there is, the more sales I'll get. Why anyone would want site traffic not to increase is beyond me. You're not an employee of ebay by any chance are you LOL.... hehe, just kidding.
    I echo your comments there Frankie

Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View nykmedia's Feedback (+922)
    All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hmm... I can't find anywhere in my post that said, as you put it, 'we want to stay small', so apologies for my inability to respond more fully. Please copy/paste it here so I can see where on earth you got that idea, as I, for one, would love eBid to grow into a really busy online marketplace. Thank you.
    Be my eBuddy - Join eBid HERE

Raising funds to help feed rescue ponies via my eBid Frugaldom store

Still winning with Racing Book Shop

I was just reading about all the hype about the other side having probs with their p and p charges!! Well they are expensive... I don't know what everyone else does but when I figure mine out.... I don't put the trip to down to town which is 7k away,, but I do account for the FVF from here and paypal and my postage and packing costs... as everything is weighed here it is cheaper for people to purchase more!

But I have just looked and there are also some people here are also charging a lot for an item to be posted abroad. Ok we have the choice to purchase or not but the point is... Do you want to sell the item or not? I looked at a book and it was from 4 - 6 pounds to send over here..... it must be darn heavy is all I can say....or wrapped in gold haha!

Maybe I am not working mine out right... not that I have had to worry yet as I don't have a lot listed at the moment and wanted to see how the sales go, before really commiting to a shop etc.

I know that we are all selling for a reason and here the fees are fantastic compared to the other... so I am not moaning! Happy selling all.
    Beautiful Cards for Beautiful People!
    Plus other things....

http://uk.four.ebid.net/perl/main.cg...arch&type=user

Forum Saint
    View Cocksparrer's Feedback (+424)
    All-About Cocksparrer
    View Cocksparrer's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well put it this way earlier in the year I purchased what I thought to be a sat nav kit, p&p £15.99. Insured. Item arrived no sat nav, just the cases & sucker for the window, P&P was £3.00 no insurance. I contacted the seller via ebay he was nasty, then contacted seller via Peepal. He decided to be polite. Asked me to reurn said item as I had recieved it. So I returned it recorded cost £3.65 first class. Advised seller in Peepal tracking number they then stated after i'd posted they would refuse the item. This they did & I was slightly cheesed off, contacted Greedbay & notified them that the seller was misrepresenting their item ie: showing pic of sat nav but not mentioning it wasnt included, also mentioned the P&P. Seller decided then aftre being advised by site to change their listing. SO they did, started court procedures, seller lied in my fb, making claims Id retracted my payment (complete lie) I contacted greedbay & they could see payment had fully cleared as id used their sister company peepal, but they refused to take off the neg fb, so I did the same for seller. Court opened case with seller I demanded £100 back and the seller admitted their wrong doing & I got my money back, but alas Im still left with the neg, but decided to leave gredbay completely. And I am glad of it.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Cocksparrer View Post
    Well put it this way earlier in the year I purchased what I thought to be a sat nav kit, p&p £15.99. Insured. Item arrived no sat nav, just the cases & sucker for the window, P&P was £3.00 no insurance. I contacted the seller via ebay he was nasty, then contacted seller via Peepal. He decided to be polite. Asked me to reurn said item as I had recieved it. So I returned it recorded cost £3.65 first class. Advised seller in Peepal tracking number they then stated after i'd posted they would refuse the item. This they did & I was slightly cheesed off, contacted Greedbay & notified them that the seller was misrepresenting their item ie: showing pic of sat nav but not mentioning it wasnt included, also mentioned the P&P. Seller decided then aftre being advised by site to change their listing. SO they did, started court procedures, seller lied in my fb, making claims Id retracted my payment (complete lie) I contacted greedbay & they could see payment had fully cleared as id used their sister company peepal, but they refused to take off the neg fb, so I did the same for seller. Court opened case with seller I demanded £100 back and the seller admitted their wrong doing & I got my money back, but alas Im still left with the neg, but decided to leave gredbay completely. And I am glad of it.

Goodness!!! I don't sell there anymore either... just passing my comment on how I feel about p and p is all
    Beautiful Cards for Beautiful People!
    Plus other things....

http://uk.four.ebid.net/perl/main.cg...arch&type=user

Smile note of caution if on ebay bringing the name ebid

into the fray ..AS SOME OF YOU ARE AWARE WHEN YOU LOG ON OR LOOK OR BUY OR SELL ON EBAY THEY EBAY AND PAYPAL RELEASE 100S OF COOKIE MONSTERS TRACKING EVERYTHING YOU DO EVEN INTERNAL EMAILS TO EACH OTHER ..THESE COOKIES ARE SENT EVERYTIME YOU TOUCH THE AUCTION SITE OR PAYPAL..PRETTY DISGUSTING WAY OF TRACKING WHAT YOU DO BUT THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS ..THE PROBLEM IS BY DOING A NICE THING TELLING THEM ABOUT EBID TO YOUR CUSTOERS THESE TRACERS ARE TELLING HE EBAY SPIES WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND SUDDENLY YOU WILL BE SLUNG OFF ACCOUNT CLOSED..THERES NOTHING YOU CAN DO I NO ITS HAPPEND.MANY MANY TIMES..IT IS FRAUGHT WITH DANGER ..FOR GODS SAKE ITS ON;LY AN AUCTION BUT IN REALLITY ITS STEALING EVERY AVAILABLE BIT OF INFO AND BUILDING YOUR PROFILE ..AND PUFF YOU HAVE LIKE A GENIE IN THE LAMP..ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF THINGS DO YOU CARE WELL DO YOU THE GREEDY SWINES
    Last edited by minnie50000; 12th December 2007 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by minnie50000 View Post
    into the fray ..AS SOME OF YOU ARE AWARE WHEN YOU LOG ON OR LOOK OR BUY OR SELL ON EBAY THEY EBAY AND PAYPAL RELEASE 100S OF COOKIE MONSTERS TRACKING EVERYTHING YOU DO EVEN INTERNAL EMAILS TO EACH OTHER ..THESE COOKIES ARE SENT EVERYTIME YOU TOUCH THE AUCTION SITE OR PAYPAL..PRETTY DISGUSTING WAY OF TRACKING WHAT YOU DO BUT THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS ..THE PROBLEM IS BY DOING A NICE THING TELLING THEM ABOUT EBID TO YOUR CUSTOERS THESE TRACERS ARE TELLING HE EBAY SPIES WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND SUDDENLY YOU WILL BE SLUNG OFF ACCOUNT CLOSED..THERES NOTHING YOU CAN DO I NO ITS HAPPEND.MANY MANY TIMES..IT IS FRAUGHT WITH DANGER ..FOR GODS SAKE ITS ON;LY AN AUCTION BUT IN REALLITY ITS STEALING EVERY AVAILABLE BIT OF INFO AND BUILDING YOUR PROFILE ..AND PUFF YOU HAVE LIKE A GENIE IN THE LAMP..ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF THINGS DO YOU CARE WELL DO YOU THE GREEDY SWINES
    To be strictly accurate it's not the use of cookies that make this possible. Anything you submit to any web site, whether or not it uses cookies, can be scanned for matches. It's rather gratifying that eBay are actually looking in their rear view mirror with concern at the eBid site running along behind (far far behind, but catching up by leaps and bounds all the time). But it does mean that if you want to tell eBayers about a better site elsewhere you need to take some care.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

View madelaine's Feedback (+5881)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

But I've been using ebay's email system to tell people about ebid for some years, John. It's built in to my standard shipped item template in selling manager. It even has the url for my shop!
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Thread Information