Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stores on Front Page

Quote Originally Posted by partsandthings View Post
    The extra exposure for new sellers is good but how does it look to new potential buyers to the site to see over 50% of the Featured Stores showing 0 FB?
    I agree. When I first looked at the shop listings on the right and they all seemed to have a feedback under 10, I wondered whether anyone actually sold anything. Could they program it so that half of the shops features have a feedback of over 100 and the other half under 100 and not negative? Also with a good percentage feedback.

I have never seen my shop featured on front page

I have 135 listings and no negative feedback.
    Have I done something to upset someone?!?

(\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")
    StarTwinkleBooks

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View maroy41's Feedback (+1089)
    All-About maroy41
    View maroy41's Listings
    Forum Posts

I thought you had to pay extra to have your shop featured!
    Great books reasonable prices please click on the logo below and browse around I have quite a selection for you to choose from.

Some great Dvd's --->
    Here

Quote Originally Posted by minx41 View Post
    I thought you had to pay extra to have your shop featured!
    No, all shops (that don't have adult content) are randomly featured, not only on the frontpage but on the other 4 main pages too, Buy,Sell, Want,Stores.

If you look at
    My eBid > My eBid Store
    in
    Section 2: Store details, status, & colours
    it should say
    Adult Status Store detected to contain no adult material. Frontpage status permitted
    So if you haven't seen your store you must have missed it, I'm sure I've seen both your stores featured.

At the moment there are 1978 stores over all sites, only 37 are listed under the Adult category, but I don't know how many have some adult content.

Stores are only featured on the seller's homesite, & there are more stores in the uk than on any of the other sites. So if you live in the UK your store will not appear as often as those on some of the other sites.

20 stores are featured on the frontpage 5 on each of the other main pages so 40 are featured at any one time, (plus category relevant ones if you dig down when you browse the stores page) I'm not sure how often the featured stores are changed but it's fairly frequently.

So the odds for your store being featured are pretty good. You seeing it, well I guess that depends how much time you spend on the main pages.
    Last edited by Gothicina; 1st September 2007 at 03:39 PM.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

All-About maroy41
    View maroy41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks gothica I wasn't sure, you learn something every day, mine wouldn't show as I have adult books, cheers minx
    Last edited by minx41; 1st September 2007 at 03:55 PM.
    Great books reasonable prices please click on the logo below and browse around I have quite a selection for you to choose from.

Some great Dvd's --->
    Here

Quote Originally Posted by minx41 View Post
    Thanks gothica I wasn't sure, you learn something every day, mine wouldn't show as I have adult books, cheers minx
    Hi Minx
    Oh well I couldn't have seen it then.

Depending on how many adult books you have why not split your store into two,that way your regular book store could be featured?
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

All-About maroy41
    View maroy41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Mmmmmmmm, good idea gothica.
    Should have thought of that myself Duhhhhhh!

Some great Dvd's --->
    Here

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by partsandthings View Post
    I'm not sure how the stores are picked to be displayed on the right side of the front page.

I believe that the right to have your Store display on the front page should be earned and not just some rotation thing. I don't know if it;s the same in other places but here on the US site out of 20 Stores featured 11 had zero (0) feedback and some only had 2 items in the store.

What sorta of impression is leaving new visitors to eBId? I would say not a very good one. Makes it look like some new place without much of a reputation.

So with that said I propose:
    For Store to be featured on the front page

Minimum Positive Feedback - 10

Minimum items in Store - 20

Must have information in About Me

The above isn't going to help me at the present time to get my Store featured on the front page as I don't meet the feedback minimum. I think it will make a better impression to those who are new to eBid and maybe some of them will register and become buyers or tell their friends. We all know that word of mouth is the best advertisement.
    Hi Allen,

I have been thinking about this and I really like the idea but............

I think it might be a boost to someone with a new store to see it show up on the front page so maybe something like this could be added to the qualifications.

A new store will have something indicating (such as the yellow store logo with "NEW store") that it is a new store, both in the store and on the front page for 30 days. If visitors seen the feedback was low or not much was in the store but it was new that would probably not be off putting. Having the new symbol in the store would let people know if they just happed across it, too.

After 30 days if they did not have at least 20 items in their store and at least 10 positive feedback (from selling and/or buying) their store would no longer be included in the front page rotation. A statement could be put in the area where they "Click here to open a new eBid Store" telling them this.

This could give new members that set up a store 30 days to get acquainted with eBid and see the need for getting at least 20 items listed and gaining positive feedback. And it would let people know that a new store is appreciated.

Hope this has made sense,
    Peggy
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

alyak46141414

Quote Originally Posted by ropegg View Post
    Hi Allen,

I have been thinking about this and I really like the idea but............

I think it might be a boost to someone with a new store to see it show up on the front page so maybe something like this could be added to the qualifications.

A new store will have something indicating (such as the yellow store logo with "NEW store") that it is a new store, both in the store and on the front page for 30 days. If visitors seen the feedback was low or not much was in the store but it was new that would probably not be off putting. Having the new symbol in the store would let people know if they just happed across it, too.

After 30 days if they did not have at least 20 items in their store and at least 10 positive feedback (from selling and/or buying) their store would no longer be included in the front page rotation. A statement could be put in the area where they "Click here to open a new eBid Store" telling them this.

This could give new members that set up a store 30 days to get acquainted with eBid and see the need for getting at least 20 items listed and gaining positive feedback. And it would let people know that a new store is appreciated.

Hope this has made sense,
    Peggy
    Hi Peggy,
    I like your refinement to my idea. It would give a new person a little boost, a good thing and it would look much better if the store with 0 feedback showed as New, as opposed as to the way is now. Many of the 0 FB stores have been around more than 30 days, so they haven't supported eBid at all.

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default FAO ChangingSeasonsStore.

Quote Originally Posted by ChangingSeasonsStore View Post
    I have never seen my shop featured on front page

I have 135 listings and no negative feedback.
    Have I done something to upset someone?!?
    Just have to be in the right place at the right time!
    Last edited by bluebedouin; 10th October 2007 at 01:40 AM.

Thread Information