eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New eBidder with questions. Really wanting eBid to succeed!

Forum Newbie
    View KjC_Online's Feedback (+563)
    All-About KjC_Online
    View KjC_Online's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default New eBidder with questions. Really wanting eBid to succeed!

Hi everyone.

I haven't long been on eBid but have been a regular buyer and seller on eBay for years. So far I've used the resources page by Astral to create a tabbed about me page and am hoping to apply some other templates to my listings.

I do have a couple of questions though.

1. After I paid the £49.99 lifetime member fee I noticed that to list a featured item cost £0.20 with 0% final fee. I listed several of my items this way for 10 days with 10 auto reposts as recommended from the forums. When the listings closed with no sales they were reposted as I'd requested but I was charged £1.00 per listing instead of £0.20. Was the lower price a promotion or something? This has resulted in my first invoice from eBid of over £11 and I only sold 1 item at just over £3.

2. I currently list my items on eBid and then list the items on eBay with a clickable link directing potential buyers to eBid where they can purchase the item for a lower price. However buyers always still choose to buy through eBay despite being able to buy the item for less. A good example of this was a Rover 200 dash clock I had listed on both sites. eBid price £14.99. I left the listing on eBid for a few days before advertising it on eBay at £16.49 and it sold through eBay within 10 minutes of going live.

I have however had 1 success. An item I advertised on eBay with a clickable link to eBid and a lower selling price did actually sway the buyer to join on eBid and pay through pppay.

Of the 34 total sales I've had within the last month 33 have occurred on eBay (2 unpaid) and 1 on eBid. Are buyers not interested in saving money?

If anyone could offer me any advice with selling I'd very much appreciate it. Please have a look at my items and give me feedback on any aspect of my listings that you's feel could be improved apon. Just use the link in my signature.

Many thanks for taking the time to read this and thanks in advance for any replies.

Kris.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: New eBidder with questions. Really wanting eBid to succeed!

You have some great items, informative listings and fabulous images. You have only been a member since December 2014 so you need to be a little more patient before things get rolling here as eBid is not as well know as TOS. Advertise wherever you can ie Facebook, Twitter, Blogs, Websites, other media outlets including our very own Plug your Auctions forum where you can create 1 thread to promote your items with a bump up once every 24hrs - if you start a 2nd thread, you must delete the 1st thread (not close).

Also, potential buyers do not have to register with eBid to purchase items, all they need to do is hit the Buy Now button and then enter email address and other contact details. Perhaps alerting this might help?

Not sure where you got the £.20 for featured from, it's always been £1.00 per listing and it will be costly if you do it 10 days X 10 auto relists. I don't use that option myself but I believe others have, and use the RUS option which gives you more days for your money - I believe it will be 60days for featured listing, after which, it will revert back to a normal listing, someone will come along and correct me if I'm wrong.

http://uk.ebid.net/help_money.php#2

Just hang in there and do all you can to promote!
    Hope this helps
    x

Forum Newbie
    All-About KjC_Online
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    You have some great items, informative listings and fabulous images. You have only been a member since December 2014 so you need to be a little more patient before things get rolling here as eBid is not as well know as TOS. Advertise wherever you can ie Facebook, Twitter, Blogs, Websites, other media outlets including our very own Plug your Auctions forum where you can create 1 thread to promote your items with a bump up once every 24hrs - if you start a 2nd thread, you must delete the 1st thread (not close).

Also, potential buyers do not have to register with eBid to purchase items, all they need to do is hit the Buy Now button and then enter email address and other contact details. Perhaps alerting this might help?

Not sure where you got the £.20 for featured from, it's always been £1.00 per listing and it will be costly if you do it 10 days X 10 auto relists. I don't use that option myself but I believe others have, and use the RUS option which gives you more days for your money - I believe it will be 60days for featured listing, after which, it will revert back to a normal listing, someone will come along and correct me if I'm wrong.

http://uk.ebid.net/help_money.php#2

Just hang in there and do all you can to promote!
    Hope this helps
    x
    Many thanks for your reply jeweleffects.

It's great to get feedback on my listings, whether good or bad and I'm pleased you find them informative etc. I'm willing to be patient as I really do want eBid to succeed.

Oh, I wasn't aware that potential buyers didn't have to register. On my eBay listings I include a direct link to the item on eBid at a lower price but also put a direct link for buyers to use to register (it's linked to my buddy points).

Yeah the 20p for featured seems to be a weird one. I've attached a screenshot which shows this below. I'd be interested in knowing a bit more about this.

I'd read on the forums that it was not advised to use the Run Until Sold (RUS) as listings automatically went straight to the bottom of search results.

Also I'd be interested in knowing how you added a clickable picture to all your listings in your signature...fancy sharing that secret?

Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kristoffer214 View Post
    Many thanks for your reply jeweleffects.

It's great to get feedback on my listings, whether good or bad and I'm pleased you find them informative etc. I'm willing to be patient as I really do want eBid to succeed.

Oh, I wasn't aware that potential buyers didn't have to register. On my eBay listings I include a direct link to the item on eBid at a lower price but also put a direct link for buyers to use to register (it's linked to my buddy points).

Yeah the 20p for featured seems to be a weird one. I've attached a screenshot which shows this below. I'd be interested in knowing a bit more about this.

I'd read on the forums that it was not advised to use the Run Until Sold (RUS) as listings automatically went straight to the bottom of search results.

Also I'd be interested in knowing how you added a click-able picture to all your listings in your signature...fancy sharing that secret?

Thanks.

Just looked at your image - now that is interesting. I don't understand why you were charged only .20 at first and then the relist for 1.00 each item - Contact support@ebid.net and ask them about it, seems odd to me.

As to the click-able image in my signature:

At the top of the page click on Settings
    My Settings > Edit Signature > Signature Picture > Upload image from your computer - The maximum size of your custom image is 500 by 100 pixels or 29.3 KB (whichever is smaller).

Scroll up to the Edit Signature box and highlight [SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]
    Click on the link icon image and add your url into the pop up window
    Your image should now be linked to your store or me page (whatever link you used) and your [SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC] will turn blue

Forum Newbie
    All-About KjC_Online
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by purplestevie View Post
    I paid 49.99 for lifetime membership approx 4 years ago and pay 2% for the image when the item sells. My relists are free. I dont use any of the features which have an extra fee attached i dont see the point.

Why double list? if you want to entice buyers to ebid list different items at each of your chosen venues and always direct your customers to your prefered venue with a varied selection of items that they will like.
    Do you mean listing on eBay and eBid? I do this because eBay gets more traffic but reduce the price on eBid and put a clickable link to the eBid page saying they can save further by purchasing there. Yet they still just purchase through eBay despite this.

I just got a comment back from a recent buyer on eBay saying the reason they purchased through eBay is because eBid doesn't offer any form of buyer protection. Yet I thought eBid did, especially if the purchase is paid through PayPal?

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    Just looked at your image - now that is interesting. I don't understand why you were charged only .20 at first and then the relist for 1.00 each item - Contact support@ebid.net and ask them about it, seems odd to me.

As to the click-able image in my signature:

At the top of the page click on Settings
    My Settings > Edit Signature > Signature Picture > Upload image from your computer - The maximum size of your custom image is 500 by 100 pixels or 29.3 KB (whichever is smaller).

Scroll up to the Edit Signature box and highlight [SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]
    Click on the link icon image and add your url into the pop up window
    Your image should now be linked to your store or me page (whatever link you used) and your [SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC] will turn blue
    I'll maybe just leave it as knowing my luck they'll charge me the additional 80p for each item lol.

And thanks for the clear instructions. I'm going to try that now

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

... I just got a comment back from a recent buyer on eBay saying the reason they purchased through eBay is because eBid doesn't offer any form of buyer protection. Yet I thought eBid did, especially if the purchase is paid through PayPal?
    I really don't understand why there is so much confusion over Buyer/Seller protection.
    Such protection is provided by payment providers - NOT the selling platforms! ie neither eBid or eBay.

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi everyone.

I haven't long been on eBid but have been a regular buyer and seller on eBay for years. So far I've used the resources page by Astral to create a tabbed about me page and am hoping to apply some other templates to my listings.

I do have a couple of questions though.

1. After I paid the £49.99 lifetime member fee I noticed that to list a featured item cost £0.20 with 0% final fee. I listed several of my items this way for 10 days with 10 auto reposts as recommended from the forums. When the listings closed with no sales they were reposted as I'd requested but I was charged £1.00 per listing instead of £0.20. Was the lower price a promotion or something? This has resulted in my first invoice from eBid of over £11 and I only sold 1 item at just over £3.

2. I currently list my items on eBid and then list the items on eBay with a clickable link directing potential buyers to eBid where they can purchase the item for a lower price. However buyers always still choose to buy through eBay despite being able to buy the item for less. A good example of this was a Rover 200 dash clock I had listed on both sites. eBid price £14.99. I left the listing on eBid for a few days before advertising it on eBay at £16.49 and it sold through eBay within 10 minutes of going live.

I have however had 1 success. An item I advertised on eBay with a clickable link to eBid and a lower selling price did actually sway the buyer to join on eBid and pay through pppay.

Of the 34 total sales I've had within the last month 33 have occurred on eBay (2 unpaid) and 1 on eBid. Are buyers not interested in saving money?

If anyone could offer me any advice with selling I'd very much appreciate it. Please have a look at my items and give me feedback on any aspect of my listings that you's feel could be improved apon. Just use the link in my signature.

Many thanks for taking the time to read this and thanks in advance for any replies.

Kris.
    Hi Kris,

We've recredited your eBid account with the £1.00 FEATURED reposts.

Ensure you change them to GALLERY or FREE before they relist again.

Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Forum Newbie
    All-About KjC_Online
    Forum Posts

No luck with inserting the link into the picture. I got the picture uploaded as seen but can't see the link icon image to insert my link.

Quote Originally Posted by cheaver View Post
    I really don't understand why there is so much confusion over Buyer/Seller protection.
    Such protection is provided by payment providers - NOT the selling platforms! ie neither eBid or eBay.

Yeah I'm in the process of replying to this buyer and informing them of this. I will also be editing my listings on eBay and mention something about buyer protection etc. Does pppay offer a form of protection for buyers? I'd rather use it but I'm having a few issues with it and e-mailed support team several days ago and have yet to hear back.

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    Hi Kris,

Ensure you change them to GALLERY or FREE before they relist again.

Gazza
    Oh wow, thanks Gazza!

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

No luck with inserting the link into the picture. I got the picture uploaded as seen but can't see the link icon image to insert my link.

.... Does pppay offer a form of protection for buyers?
    Link icon - are you using the Advanced Editor?

PPP - don't know, never used it.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    Well that doesn't make any sense to me. The fee for a Featured listing is 1.00, so why we're they only charged at 0.20 when originally listed?

Thread Information