My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: PAYM - Pay a Contact

Default PAYM - Pay a Contact

I've just registered with Pay A Contact through my bank. You can register too and accept payments via text messaging here's how it works

How do I send money using Pay a Contact?

Making a payment to a contact, friend or family member couldn't be easier:

• Log on to Internet or Mobile Banking and select the Pay a Contact tab.
    • You'll be asked to enter your contact's mobile phone number, the amount you'd like to pay them, a reference and a password.
    • If you've paid this person before their mobile phone details will be shown under Contacts in the drop down menu.
    • If this is the first time you've paid this contact we'll complete our usual security call to confirm you'd like to set up this contact as a new beneficiary.
    • If they are not already signed up to Paym with their bank you won't be able to send them a payment.
    • Any payment made using Pay a Contact will be shown on your statement as MPO - Mobile Payment Out.

Who can I send a payment to using Pay a Contact?
    You can send payments to anyone who has registered for the service through a participating bank or building society.

How do I receive a payment?
    Once you register your mobile phone number with an eligible account for Pay a Contact, your friends and family can start sending you money straight away using just your mobile phone number. You can register up to three mobile phone numbers for Pay a Contact per account.
    When a payment is received into your account via Pay a Contact you'll receive a text message (SMS) letting you know.
    This message will confirm the sender's name, the amount being paid and the reference added by your contact.
    Any payment made using Pay a Contact will be shown on your statement as MPI – Mobile Payment In.
    Don't walk in front of me..I may not follow-don't walk behind me..I may not lead-just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET
    27hours 30minutes without sleep

Default Re: PAYM - Pay a Contact

hey that's a great idea, do you know if we can use that as a way of taking payment on ebid?

Quote Originally Posted by StudioNeesha View Post
    hey that's a great idea, do you know if we can use that as a way of taking payment on ebid?
    Just the same way as you would take a bank transfer, but instead of giving the buyer your sort code and account number, you give them the mobile phone number that you have set up with Paym and your online banking.

Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies View Post
    Just the same way as you would take a bank transfer, but instead of giving the buyer your sort code and account number, you give them the mobile phone number that you have set up with Paym and your online banking.
    Thank you raindropsies, it's obvious now you tell me! Must use my own brain sometime!

View sherlock07's Feedback (+301)
    All-About sherlock07
    View sherlock07's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just updated my Pingit to include paym.

Been offering Pingit as a payment method on here for months, have a mobile just for that.

Sherlock's Watches Store ~ Great Watches for the Family
    Sherlock's Bazaar
    ~ General Store

Thank you, which box do you tick to indicate that as a payment option? Is that the "other"
    PPPay.com Instant
    Instant Checkout for Buyers PPPay.com Escrow
    Safer & Secure Transactions
    Skrill (Moneybookers) PayPal
    Credit/Debit Cards Checks/Cheques Nochex
    BACS/EFT Bank Transfer Money/Postal Orders OTHER: See Description.
    I became convinced that not accepting PayPal was the reason for no sales, so I tried adding it for a month and, guess what.... still no sales! So, have removed it again!
    It just goes to show how (self)deluded I can become. Oh well, I tried........

Thread Information