eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BBC wants you to pay TV-licence fee even if you dont own a set as shows go on iPlayer

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default BBC wants you to pay TV-licence fee even if you dont own a set as shows go on iPlayer

BBC-wants-you-to-pay-TV-licence-fee-even-if-you-dont-own-a-set-as-shows-go-on-iPlayer-for-longer

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/t...or-longer.html

Rotherham, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View PATRIOT73's Feedback (+173)
    All-About PATRIOT73
    View PATRIOT73's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: BBC wants you to pay TV-licence fee even if you dont own a set as shows go on iPl

imho if u no tv licence no bbc to watch no matter wat device u watchit on
    "WALKING IS DEFINITELY OVERRATED"

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: BBC wants you to pay TV-licence fee even if you dont own a set as shows go on iPl

Hopefully it will go the other way and the licence fee will be scrapped with the BBC having to pay their own way in future.

The only justification for the BBC being funded by the taxpayer is to provide an impartial, unbiased, and politically detatched service. The BBC is no longer that (if it ever truly was) and so should not be funded by us.

Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
    View olivia8143's Feedback (+1394)
    All-About olivia8143
    View olivia8143's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Hopefully it will go the other way and the licence fee will be scrapped with the BBC having to pay their own way in future.

The only justification for the BBC being funded by the taxpayer is to provide an impartial, unbiased, and politically detatched service. The BBC is no longer that (if it ever truly was) and so should not be funded by us.
    You're right, it's getting much too right wing. They should get rid of Nick Robinson if they want to be politically neutral.

The CBC here was originally set up to provide service to remote areas. I wonder if that would even be an issue anymore these days, with all the technology available. There is nothing objective about the coverage of news that the CBC provides, and objective is what it should be (if there is such a thing) since it is funded by the taxpayer. I also wonder if the financial statements for the CBC are public. I've been told that they are not, but have never done any research.

View kazeran's Feedback (+7908)
    All-About kazeran
    View kazeran's Listings
    Forum Posts

Does that mean that anyone in the world who watches BBC programming be liable for prosecution under the TV licence act?

Forum Newbie
    View JabbasHut's Feedback (+1758)
    All-About JabbasHut
    View JabbasHut's Listings
    Forum Posts

Bring it on. The universal TV tax is already used to good effect in many countries. Why should anyone get the best TV service in the world for free ---- do you really want adverts every 12½ minutes?

View kazeran's Feedback (+7908)
    All-About kazeran
    View kazeran's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JabbasHut View Post
    Bring it on. The universal TV tax is already used to good effect in many countries. Why should anyone get the best TV service in the world for free ---- do you really want adverts every 12½ minutes?
    No I cant stand adverts, but if I have to pay I would like TV free of propaganda and lies.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JabbasHut View Post
    Why should anyone get the best TV service in the world for free...
    The BBC the best TV service in the world? It mainly puts out garbage, and usually rehashed garbage at that. It is very rare that I have the desire to put it on. Far better fare from just about any other channel.

It also has too many channels, that it does not have quality content to fill, and its fingers into too many pies.

We here in US...All services suck! We are moving. Once we do we hope to find some smart person to set up every free or inexpensive online service we can and will probably be able to see what we want. As old as we are or feel also it would be nice to have all on ONE clicker/remote control. It is so crazy when you need a different remote for each thing. Like 1-DVDs, 1-TV, 1-Box for TV, etc and on and on. I am sick so just figuring out how to turn on the TV can be a challenge at times haha! As it is...We get all kindsa stuff we don't want. Old (not old like 50s, old like they are on TV all the time old) movies on pay channels like HBO. It would be nice to choose the channels you want and pay for those. Maybe "they" will figure it out someday. I don't speak Spanish but get all those. I think any military person should auto get those channels (but not). I don't know, could go on and on. Just seems the ones you want ya don't get and visa versa. As it is now I don't like any of the services we have here. They are...Dish, Direct TV and Cable. We will switch over to Netflix and Hulu and such. Then we have a gazzillion VHSs to convert still haha. Now that will be a project!!! Of course by the time I get to that there will be some new invention and it will all be for not. Isn't that always the way OH and then...The cost, That's a whole other subject!
    Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    The BBC the best TV service in the world? It mainly puts out garbage, and usually rehashed garbage at that. It is very rare that I have the desire to put it on. Far better fare from just about any other channel.

It also has too many channels, that it does not have quality content to fill, and its fingers into too many pies.

Thread Information