eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: I just wanted to say Hi

Weston Super Mare, Somerset, United Kingdom
    View blondi82's Feedback (+121)
    All-About blondi82
    View blondi82's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default I just wanted to say Hi

Hey Everyone, I have recently joined and wanted to say hi to you all.

I have been trading for two Years on another online market place, I have recently opened by own website and now joined up here. So farr this looks great I am loving the fetures of automatic relisting and setting your exact time you would like your auctions to end, no more sitting at my pc at 6 on a sunday mass listing to make sure they end 6 next sunday, lol.

I've just got my about us page to do then I think I am good, unless theres anything I have missed?
    Is there any days and times when listings sale best on this site? and do buy it nows or auctions seem to get noticed more?

I have been lurking around your forums for a few days now and you all seem very helpful, looking forward to meeting you all :-)

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: I just wanted to say Hi

Hi and Welcome. If you have a bin price (with or without an auction) it gets uploaded to google. auctions only dont (i think)
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View Gill's Feedback (+517)
    All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Welcome to eBid blondi.

I've just had a quick check of this listing http://uk.ebid.net/for-sale/24-gold-...s-93598545.htm and you may wish to double check your spelling as this one states 'weedings'

Penni (Maelgrigda) is correct in saying that listings with auction prices only, don't get uploaded to Google.

Good luck
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi and welcome to eBid.

What Penni and Gill said, listings with BIN prices are uploaded to Google shopping, listings without BIN prices aren't. You can use both an auction style start price and a BIN price on listings if you like. If listing auction style, make sure to start listings at the lowest price you'd be willing to accept for the item, as there aren't a lot of bidding wars at present with the exception of YDC charity listings.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Agree with what has already been said regarding Google. Most of my sales come fromn there so it is imperative that you make the most of it. To that end I would add a BIN price, that could also get you additional sales anyway, but it will help to get you more Google exposure. You might also need a Google exemption for your store, unless you have a brand and/or barcode number.

The other thing about Google is making the most of keywords, you sell wedding favours but do not have these two keywords in most, if not all of your listings. So your listing '24 Clear White Champagne Bubbles' could be changed to '24 Clear White Champagne Bubbles Perect For Wedding Favours or Decoration'. You have 81 characters so use them. If you sell elsewhere you are also better having slightly different titles in order to have a chance of different buyers finding you on one of your venues.

Weston Super Mare, Somerset, United Kingdom
    View blondi82's Feedback (+121)
    All-About blondi82
    View blondi82's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thank You all so much, some great ideas. i did cheat and use ninja lister so I will start playing with the titles.
    With the buy it nows will it get uplaoded to google with payment being pay pal? or will have to set up google merchant account?

Thanks Again All.

http://bliss-weddings-and-events.ebid.net/ - Wedding and Party's

http://junk-diva.ebid.net/ - Second Hand Every day Items

Hi there Blondi, a huge welcome to eBid!
    Some good advice offered above.
    It might be a good idea to put the sizes of the organza bags in your title, as folk do tend for search for a specific size.
    Also, you have to be competitive to make sales.
    Check out what other sellers are asking for same quantity, size and postal rates, on other auction sites.
    There is a lot of competition out there, and to entice buyers to your organza bags, you have to either be on an equal par or, preferably - be a little cheaper. Remember - the fees for selling an item on eBid are cheaper than elsewhere.
    Good Luck to you and here's wishing you many sales. xxx
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Quote Originally Posted by blondi82 View Post
    Thank You all so much, some great ideas. i did cheat and use ninja lister so I will start playing with the titles.
    With the buy it nows will it get uplaoded to google with payment being pay pal? or will have to set up google merchant account?

Thanks Again All.
    If you qualify for uploading to Google Shopping you do not need a Google account. But if you need an exemption you might need one. For what it's worth it can be worthwhile offering Google as a payment option. I have a had quite a few buyers using it.

Thread Information