Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: USA Celebrates our Inauguration of President Obama

Forum Lurker
    All-About tidewater50
    View tidewater50's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default USA Celebrates our Inauguration of President Obama

The weather is good for the Presidents Inauguration. Michelle looked beautiful. Next is the big presidential parade.

Every state will be in the parade. Former Presidents Carter and Clinton attended. The Presidents speech was very good.

This is our day to celebrate democracy in action, and tradition.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: USA Celebrates our Inauguration of President Obama

Glad to hear it is going smoothly!!
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Watched part of it on TV, inspiring and lovely.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Must admit, that when he was elected for the first time, I didn't expect him to last long.

Forum Newbie
    View Capitalmale's Feedback (+524)
    All-About Capitalmale
    View Capitalmale's Listings
    Forum Posts

When I was younger and an intern in Washington DC, I attended the 1st Inauguration of President Clinton. Its something I am glad I witnessed, but I'll never do again. Back then the Secret Service didn't hassle you for climbing a tree to get a better view

It was a cold day, not as cold for Obama, but cold none the less. The chill came up through my shoes as I stood far, far, far from the steps of the US Capital. We had no ticket so we stood well behind the ocean of seats. We could kinda make out the President in the distance, and vaguely here the words broadcast over the loud speakers. The best part was watching the Inauguration parade. No one took pity on us poor interns by offering us tickets to any parties. Just as well, I was exhausted from the hours of standing and walking.

All-About suesjools
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Capitalmale View Post
    When I was younger and an intern in Washington DC, I attended the 1st Inauguration of President Clinton. Its something I am glad I witnessed, but I'll never do again. Back then the Secret Service didn't hassle you for climbing a tree to get a better view

It was a cold day, not as cold for Obama, but cold none the less. The chill came up through my shoes as I stood far, far, far from the steps of the US Capital. We had no ticket so we stood well behind the ocean of seats. We could kinda make out the President in the distance, and vaguely here the words broadcast over the loud speakers. The best part was watching the Inauguration parade. No one took pity on us poor interns by offering us tickets to any parties. Just as well, I was exhausted from the hours of standing and walking.
    Sounds like it was fun anyhow and you were there, (as the old film reels we watched in high school Social Studies class used to say). Definitely something to share with the children and grandkids.

Had a chance to hear President Clinton speak locally and didn't go (had to work) and I've always regretted it.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Attending leadership functions is an awe inspiring experience. Although most see these events based on party line, the awesomeness of the events does not change. An Inauguration event would be especially awesome, particularly for one's supporters.

I went to Washington, DC for a different type of leadership function. It was for the public viewing of Ronald Reagan. I arrived in Washington at about 10pm (EST); and proceeded to walk with the masses until approximately 6am. I finally entered the viewing hall, and was awe struck. There was an atmosphere that was hard to describe. It was awesome, spiritual, overwhelming.

What struck me first was the fear, as you approached the building. Armed military were positioned behind every bush, nook, or cranny; with high powered weapons poised and aimed at those entering. Inside I was awed by the discipline and attendance of the military; they appeared angelic.

After walking for at least 8 hours; I and the others were allowed no more than a minute or so to view Regan's coffin. Any lingerers were shown with a glance from military personnel, that it was not a good idea to linger
    That experience helped me to understand more clearly the importance of leadership. It is not based on weather you support them or not. They are there for a purpose; you do not even have to support the purpose they are there for. I find leaders and leadership fascinating.

Forum Newbie
    View Capitalmale's Feedback (+524)
    All-About Capitalmale
    View Capitalmale's Listings
    Forum Posts

Speaking of Reagan, that was one of my other Presidential experiences. In 1983, he visited and spoke at at my high school. How cool was it to see the Presidential copter land and take off on the 50 yard line of our football field! Talk about security - our school had woods behind them and was used by student to walk to school and by the cross county team (also where we went to settle our differences if you know what I mean). Students were informed not use them the day of the president's visit, but those who ignore caught site of armed secret service agents. Fortunately the secret service was not trigger happy.

That same night our cheerleaders where going to a competition in a town in the next county called Rising Sun. President Reagan, wanted to sound current with the things happening at our school - wished that we could all get out at "sunrise" to support them. Hahahaha

Apparently it was a Western show down!

http://www.reagan.utexas.edu/archive...84/120485a.htm

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Capitalmale View Post
    Speaking of Reagan, that was one of my other Presidential experiences. In 1983, he visited and spoke at at my high school. How cool was it to see the Presidential copter land and take off on the 50 yard line of our football field! Talk about security - our school had woods behind them and was used by student to walk to school and by the cross county team (also where we went to settle our differences if you know what I mean). Students were informed not use them the day of the president's visit, but those who ignore caught site of armed secret service agents. Fortunately the secret service was not trigger happy.

That same night our cheerleaders where going to a competition in a town in the next county called Rising Sun. President Reagan, wanted to sound current with the things happening at our school - wished that we could all get out at "sunrise" to support them. Hahahaha

Apparently it was a Western show down!

http://www.reagan.utexas.edu/archive...84/120485a.htm

What a cool speech! Reagan had such a sense of humour. I loved it when he would stick out his tongue. You have had some very priviledged experiences as a young person.

BTW: The Clinton Foundation emails me regularly.

All-About suesjools
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    What a cool speech! Reagan had such a sense of humour. I loved it when he would stick out his tongue. You have had some very priviledged experiences as a young person.

BTW: The Clinton Foundation emails me regularly.
    That's funny, they e mail me, too. I joined their mailing list a while back in case they ever have an opening for a librarian, it would be too cool to work at a presidential library. Saw photos of the Clinton library, it's just gorgeous!

Thread Information