eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 333435363738394041424344 LastLast

Thread: Some explanation is needed...

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Some explanation is needed...

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    I can confirm that I am still in discussion with support about my original problems - buyers getting strikethrus which I don't feel are justified and the unfriendly nature of ebid emails.
    Thanks Madelaine, please keep us posted. Very interested in the outcome of the ORIGINAL problem posted.

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by emporiumdays View Post
    Well, it actually costs money to have an internet connection, (for me around $300 per year), and of course PC's do wear out and need replacing. I would say that it 'costs' a member the best part of $1 a day to be on eBid.
    (Admittedly though, your PC gets used for other things too).

Anyway, if a person isn't making $7 per week after all other 'costs' - (forget wages), then you'd actually be going backwards.

So I think realistically, you have make this (what amounts to $30 per month)
    to pay for your connection and PC in order to break even, (and you're still not making wages).

Now that's of lot of seeds, or a lot of trading cards ....

I wonder if this is why every sale counts and it's best not to lose any buyers unnecessarily.....
    Well…you’re right Steve like ‘’usual’’…I like that…..I pay Internet connection to use Internet for all my auction sites and all other my stuff try to make a ‘’little’’ money anywhere I can…and that mean whole world is in your hands…..
    And I use Internet from 1999, so until today’s date I pay couple thousand $$ for Internet connection…from 2002 to around 2004 in ‘’golden’’ years on bigger auction sites I sold stuff for let’s say I can pay Internet connection for the next 30 years…after all ‘’hidden’’ cost and for PC too…I use Internet and my PC to sold my service from my job too and this is bunch of money…I mean I don’t understand some of peoples who use Internet for most of social sites, read news, and all other stuff which is going to take your time and money on top of that…If you can, use Internet on wise way…And I am not surprised why peoples in here in Washington try to tax everything and anything this peoples know how much money flow around ever 24 hours…’’$7 per week after all cost’’…ahhh c’mon Steve…what did you think I use Internet only for eBid…...I am not pay Internet monthly and use only for one things on the Net…and in the end for ‘’seeds’’ and for the ‘’cards’’ a sample…anyway for that stuff person can buy bunch of similar stuff for let’s say $10.00 only if buy from ‘’right’’ place…..I mean whole world is in your hands ‘’find it’’…
    Like you write already ‘’ I wonder if every sale is ‘’counts…’’
    I just say ‘’every’’ sale is it counts…...
    Well this it for now ‘’for Internet connection and for PC cost and for hidden cost…....

P.S. Good day and good luck to you Steve…....

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    I can confirm that I am still in discussion with support about my original problems - buyers getting strikethrus which I don't feel are justified and the unfriendly nature of ebid emails.
    Thanks Madelaine and I'm looking forward to hearing what the outcome is.

Ok, I have been following this thread for awhile and decide to make my comment. I believe the email is very damaging to new buyers! It is very harsh and should be re written. My suggestion would be something like this;

Dear (Insert ebid customer name here),

In order to make the ebid community a safe place to buy and sell, we require that all members have a valid (Insert registration problem here, ie phone number, address etc). We have placed your account in a temporary hold status until this verification requirement is completed. Please click here (Insert link to verification page) to log in to your account an update the information. Thank you for choosing ebid and we look forward to having you in the ebid community! If you should have any questions concerning this requirement please contact us(either have a reply to address or an email they can use for contact). If you should have any other questions concerning ebid, please log in to our forums and the ebid community would be happy to help you. You will have access to the forums and all other areas of ebid once your information is confirmed.

Thanks for understanding,

The ebid team.

I think something like this should be sent, and account placed on TEMPORARY HOLD until information they need is verified! This is much more friendly, and I would be alot more prone to respond to this than I would that other email!

And maybe at the bottom of the email, they could place something like....*Please note that ebid takes your privacy very seriously and at no time will share your personal information with a third party.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

@Factory Liquidation.

Yes, that sounds nice and friendly.

At a time when another alt site in the US is signing up slightly more members than us each day, we need everything to work as smoothly as it can.

Forum Diehard
    View baconsdozen's Feedback (+711)
    All-About baconsdozen
    View baconsdozen's Listings
    Forum Posts

Any action at all would be better than whats happened (or rather hasn't) so far.

Quote Originally Posted by FactoryLiquidation View Post
    Ok, I have been following this thread for awhile and decide to make my comment. I believe the email is very damaging to new buyers! It is very harsh and should be re written. My suggestion would be something like this...
    I don't disagree at all with emails being better worded as you suggest but, according to Gothicinas recent posts, the strikethrough is happening AFTER email verification is complete. Apparently it is happening because these buyers are providing invalid information when registering which is only picked up by eBid after they've made a purchase.

We don't have examples of the invalid info being given during registration but it has to be something like invalid mailing addresses, wrong phone numbers etc.

The frustration appears to be that many of these buyers are actually genuine as they pay promptly for their purchases but, unfortunately, the invalid registration info is then causing these buyers to be booted out of eBid in a pretty unfriendly way.

So I suppose the questions at the moment are:

Why are apparently genuine buyers giving invalid registration details to eBid?

What can be done to let these buyers keep buying in future instead of being sent away?

Quote Originally Posted by HelenAndGraham View Post
    I don't disagree at all with emails being better worded as you suggest but, according to Gothicinas recent posts, the strikethrough is happening AFTER email verification is complete. Apparently it is happening because these buyers are providing invalid information when registering which is only picked up by eBid after they've made a purchase.

We don't have examples of the invalid info being given during registration but it has to be something like invalid mailing addresses, wrong phone numbers etc.

The frustration appears to be that many of these buyers are actually genuine as they pay promptly for their purchases but, unfortunately, the invalid registration info is then causing these buyers to be booted out of eBid in a pretty unfriendly way.

So I suppose the questions at the moment are:

Why are apparently genuine buyers giving invalid registration details to eBid?

What can be done to let these buyers keep buying in future instead of being sent away?
    Ok, after reading it was my impression that the emails were sent asking them for the info but were not very professional emails, or were being thrown into spam folders.

If spam is catching them, we must also look at why? Spam filters do not necessarily look for certain sites, but wording and keywords. So maybe these emails that are being sent have some wording that is being caught by the filters?

And as far as being banned for registration info, my post above could be used for that to....Do not tell the person they are banned forever because of erroneous info, ask them to fix it and remove the TEMPORARY SUSPENSION from their account. Which the email above could be used to address this also. I am in the process of placing links to ebid on my sites and other places. But if I bring in customers and then they are banned, my work is futile! This needs to be addressed as soon as possible, as not only is it costing us as sellers money, but its also costing ebid!

Quote Originally Posted by baconsdozen View Post
    This whole thread is continiuing to damage ebid and looks as though it shows no sign of dying down and tempers seem to be getting frayed..I would say it is being badly managed but the answer is it's not being managed or even looked into at all.
    I find it all rather sad.
    I agree with you. The same thing is being said over and over. At this point a bump now and then would keep the problem at the top and end the constant bickering. Most of the posts are way tooo long and probably won't get read anyway.

Thread Information