Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New seller worries and questions

A few bits of advice:
    - Don't sell counterfeit goods because you will be caught and suspended.
    - Don't make multiple identical listings because that's against the rules too.
    - If you are selling items that are not in your possession, I'm pretty sure that's against the rules. I don't know if that's what "dropshipping" is, but it would be my guess, so don't do it. It's a great way to tick off buyers.
    ================

The biggest truths are always left unsaid.

The biggest lies are repeated endlessly.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by marschenegger View Post
    A few bits of advice:
    - If you are selling items that are not in your possession, I'm pretty sure that's against the rules. I don't know if that's what "dropshipping" is, but it would be my guess, so don't do it. It's a great way to tick off buyers.
    I don't think drop-shipping is against ebid's rules, if done to a professional, acceptable standard, is it? But anybody who takes three weeks to deliver is going to end up with a shed-load of negative feedback, and that *is* against the rules and will result in a ban. Drop-shipping doesn't have to be a bad thing... unfortunately it's often seen as any "easy" way to earn a living at home by people who have now idea how to manage their business, so it goes horribly wrong. Good drop-shipping is hard work, I would expect.

Forum Newbie
    All-About HDElectronics
    View HDElectronics's Listings
    Forum Posts

yea i understand about the taking three weeks thats just the worst case senario items usually arrive in about 8 days and we done this for around 6 months with great results we have stock and are just testing the water

Forum Diehard
    View SherMari's Feedback (+2067)
    All-About SherMari
    View SherMari's Listings
    Forum Posts

Drop shipping is very hard and you do have to be sure that you state your delivery time frame in the auction. I just cannot seem to get the hang of drop shipping, I used to do it on the other side but then saw that the stores I used were on Ebay so stopped that. I am a life time seller plus and have over 800 items listed and will be doing more every day, I going for the reward for listing the 4,000,000th item

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

A few bits of advice:
    Yes…Mark you are right a 100%....and other risky stuff is if person sell items from drop-shipping business which can be counterfeit goods like brand name items which is not original or the seller can’t have permission from the owner of particular brand name can be caught and not only banned from the any auction site can be end up in legal law stuff if any of the buyers send this stuff in copyright office…and funny things for all about this is always a same I mean the seller always pay the heavy price for that and company who for real send this items from overseas usually from Asia market is not liable because is out of the reach from West markets and legal law which exist in the West for all branded names…in the end copyright office is always going after the seller who selling this stuff doesn’t matter if the seller don’t make this product for copyright office is enough proof after have the item which is proof is it not original or the seller don’t have license or permission to sell this product and if is seller located and living on addressee in the West this is it END OF GAME….
    The Sellers from Asian market not only sell fake items in most cases is funny things the sellers from the West market bought this stuff and try to resell this stuff in any auction site all around and guess what? Time to time anybody can see on the News or read on the internet this person or that person is caught for selling this stuff…Asian market is not only steal our jobs , Asian market put many Sellers from the West in legal Law trouble too…AMEN….

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

@HD Electronicns

Welcome to ebid,
    Yes it is a good site.
    But don't get too carried away that you will replace your ebay sales over night.
    We are still just under 1 million members, whereas ebay has 90 million.
    But we are growing, and the thing we can do to make it keep growing is to add more good listings.
    That way hopefully the buyers will come, we all help each other that way.

All-About Juliebabe25
    Forum Posts

A few bits of advice:
    If you are selling items that are not in your possession, I'm pretty sure that's against the rules. I don't know if that's what "dropshipping" is, but it would be my guess, so don't do it. It's a great way to tick off buyers.
    You of all people should know what drop-shipping is by now.
    Its a huge multi million dollar industry.

(you normally post very intelligent posts)

And the fake industry is a huge multi milion dollar industry.

That's why many people fly to Spain etc and buy fake Gucci bags. They know they are fake, but they look the part.
    Ad they are probably made in the same factory that makes the real thing.

Forum Diehard
    View SherMari's Feedback (+2067)
    All-About SherMari
    View SherMari's Listings
    Forum Posts

There are several ways to get counterfeit items and the best counterfeit items are the ones that are made in the plant and just not shipped to a buyer, they are not fake just were not ordered by anyone.

All-About Juliebabe25
    Forum Posts

@SherMari
    Yes, last year I saw a British documentary about fakes etc, they went to China and found a back street hovel with an old lady and two young children.
    The docco said they were making Gucci bags or similar.
    I thought at the time the journos were either taken in or having us on.

So an old lady and two young kids can make bags of Gucci quality and fill containers ?

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

I just say again....watch this...!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8KnnKKdrb8

Thread Information