Thread: Sold 6 items (too different buyers), still have not received feedback

Quote Originally Posted by terry5732 View Post
    If you're feeling really slimy you can just buy positive feedback

http://us.ebid.net/perl/account.cgi?...account-review
    Now that's just too crazy!!

Blessings!
    John

Check out my eBid Store: Alleluia Shop

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BAGHAG999 View Post
    I remember a couple years back someone was doing feedback for 50p with the money going to charity, but this is unreal.
    If you looked at it earlier, then look again now, it's noticeable that the feedback associated with that sale has gone.

Almost all our sales for the past two months have been to new eBid members who buy one item from us but don't leave feedback. My attitude is that I'm glad to make a sale and no feedback means the customer is satisfied. I do not want to annoy them with anything that looks like spam, because I hope they'll come back and buy again, either from me or another eBid seller.

When we first joined eBid, I looked around the site (it was brand new to me) and found a few things that I wanted. The sellers all left feedback and those, plus three early sales, got rid of the black glasses (why do we all hate those so much?), and then both our sales and our feedback slowly grew. As many people have said, selling here requires patience.

Forum Saint
    View tonyreddevil's Feedback (+74)
    All-About tonyreddevil
    View tonyreddevil's Listings
    Forum Posts

just sold about 24 items.over last 6 weeks.
    only feedback from 1

As a seller, I will gladly leave feedback after payment is received. I have no reason not to do so as I sell in categories where fraudulent buying practices are low. However, if I never hear back from the buyer and never receive feedback, I change the positive I left to a neutral without altering the comment. I think this is fair as it seems unfitting to reward a buyer who cannot be bothered to help me or the site. I have only just adopted this new strategy, and so it is too early to see if the changing feedback will provoke a reaction.
    ================

The biggest truths are always left unsaid.

The biggest lies are repeated endlessly.

Forum Saint
    View tonyreddevil's Feedback (+74)
    All-About tonyreddevil
    View tonyreddevil's Listings
    Forum Posts

i give feedback as soon as i know the parcel as been delivered.give 2 days and give feedback.like i say no feedback received for 24 items

Cant understand any seller who would leave a neutral because they didnt receive feedback.

If all buyers did the same thing, auction sites would be a right mess.

Feedback is not part of a transaction - it is not mandatory - it is totally up to the individual.
    Transaction to me is - buyer buys item - buyer pays for item - buyer receives item.
    End of transaction.

Someone wants to leave it - then great.
    They dont want to leave it - also great.

All I am concerned with is ensuring the item gets to the customer in decent time, and perfect condition.
    What happens after that doesnt concern me.

Aint saying I am right - aint saying I am wrong - but I certainly wouldnt even consider doing business with any sellers that do this.
    Last edited by MagnetsAndHangers; 3rd March 2011 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post
    Cant understand any seller who would leave a neutral because they didnt receive feedback.

If all buyers did the same thing, auction sites would be a right mess.

Feedback is not part of a transaction - it is not mandatory - it is totally up to the individual.
    Transaction to me is - buyer buys item - buyer pays for item - buyer receives item.
    End of transaction.

Someone wants to leave it - then great.
    They dont want to leave it - also great.

All I am concerned with is ensuring the item gets to the customer in decent time, and perfect condition.
    What happens after that doesnt concern me.

Aint saying I am right - aint saying I am wrong - but I certainly wouldnt even consider doing business with any sellers that do this.

I agree.

Most of my buyers never leave feedback.
    I'm just grateful that they bought from me, and no way would i leave bad feedback just because they didn't leave me any.
    By leaving a neut. you may put them off ever coming back to buy anything else from ebid.

Jane

Quote Originally Posted by tonyreddevil View Post
    just sold about 24 items.over last 6 weeks.
    only feedback from 1
    You think you have a problem,I have a buyer who in the last 5 months has bought over 400 items and will not leave feedback.Checking out his feedback which is in the 2000 mark he only accepts feedback but never returns it.Needless to say I never leave him feedback.

http://my-serendipity-emporium.ebid.net

http://my-collectable-emporium.ebid.net
    Don't worry life doesn't last forever

http://uk.ebid.net/perl/normal.cgi?u...heir-all-about

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by marschenegger View Post
    As a seller, I will gladly leave feedback after payment is received. I have no reason not to do so as I sell in categories where fraudulent buying practices are low. However, if I never hear back from the buyer and never receive feedback, I change the positive I left to a neutral without altering the comment. I think this is fair as it seems unfitting to reward a buyer who cannot be bothered to help me or the site. I have only just adopted this new strategy, and so it is too early to see if the changing feedback will provoke a reaction.

I think that is how it should be. The person has upheld their end of the transaction by paying. They are under NO obligation to leave feedback.
    I think changing feedback to neutral when they didn't do anything wrong is retaliatory and unwarranted.... Throwing your toys out of the pram sort of activity. Doesn't help anyone, and makes you look negative. I suspect it won't help your sales any.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Thread Information