eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Concern re: Paypal dispute - any advice appreciated.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

ACK!! Makes ya just want to scream, some days!!! Silly buyer! They didn't have the patience to wait - mail has been annoyingly slow across the pond, and even within the UK, prob within US, too, near Christmas. If you refunded before the dispute was closed, I don't know how that will work. If the buyer is honest, maybe they will refund the refund. If not, I don't know if Paypal would do anything.............Don't worry about support here on Ebid - they are the best. I had a person leave me negs, and I had done all the right things - just never got my item or ever heard back from them - and they were supposed to be reputable. Ebid removed the negs they left me. Doesn't sound like you have done ANYTHING wrong - maybe jumped the gun a bit with the refund, for at worst, paypal would have given them a refund out of your account.......doubt pp would close your account if you have had it successfully for awhile. Are you OK? You sound a teensey tiny bit depressed......that could make this sort of molehill seem pretty steep. Just remember most of us are pretty nice people. And others, as my kids would point out to me, shaking their little heads, you just can't account for..................'Some people's children!!!!'
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

All items were received, according to USPS tracking on 1/8, (within 2 days of shipping on 1/6), Paypal dispute was opened on 1/10, AFTER the items were received by the buyer. Apparently the buyer just wanted to scam me for the items and the purchase prices and did so, as I'm 100% honest and don't want troubles with anybody. Fortunately I had enough sense left to include their most purchase in the refund and will not be sending it out, that's for sure.

Thanks to all who have been so sweet and supportive. Have blocked the buyer and reported the whole matter to eBid support, hope they'll take care of it so others don't have the same upsetting experience.

Will be posting two items paid for by a good buyer tomorrow, and HerMajesty, I will be posting your items after the 2nd auction finishes, but have decided after this to put all stores on holiday til after the Paypal dispute is resolved.

Thanks again to all for your hugs and support, you are super and this old lady appreciates you a lot.

Hugs back and best wishes to all,
    Last edited by suesjools; 11th January 2011 at 06:41 PM.

View Barrattess's Feedback (+2717)
    All-About Barrattess
    View Barrattess's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Suesjools...
    I sent items to a buyer in the USA on Tuesday 4th January. This was the first chance I had to send items as Monday was a Bank Holiday.
    This morning I received a Paypal dispute notice saying 'Item not received'... it's only been 6 days lol...
    A fellow Ebidder also received a Paypal dispute this morning 'Item not received' FROM THE SAME BUYER!...again...she posted out the same time as me ....
    Now, without going into too much detail here, but does your buyer have a 'european' sounding name :-) ...if so, I think we have a scammer between us.

Cheers

Have a click...You know you want to...

Hi Suesjools,
    I think everyone who has read your messages are really sympathetic.
    I know I most certainly am ... I can feel your angst, and I know first hand what it feels like.
    I have had this dreadful experience, not here on eBid, but elsewhere on t'other site, not mentioning names.
    Please be assured that although you feel so utterly dejected and ripped off right now,
    you will get all the support you require from your eBid friends and things will work out eventually.
    Don't lose sleep over it Sue, I did ... but things really do work out for the best ....
    I am sure this scammer will be tracked down, and dealt with accordingly.
    All best wishes, hugs, xxx
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Forum Diehard
    View SherMari's Feedback (+2067)
    All-About SherMari
    View SherMari's Listings
    Forum Posts

It seems that everyone is afraid of eBay and PayPal. eBay has all their sellers so afraid of them that it feels like they are all not wanting to list there at all but have to earn e money.

It feels to me like a monster has a hold of the sellers and refuses to let go so they just work in fear of getting a negative from a scam buyer (there are an enormous number there now, they got smart real quick) that they are like slaves to eBay just work and shake and worry.

We simply cannot allow scam buyers to come here and rob us like eBay has allowed them to do . I am honest and believe in great customer service but if my listing says cz please do not expect real diamonds or real gold for $22 and please do leave a neg. because you do not read.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SherMari View Post
    It seems that everyone is afraid of eBay and PayPal.
    Much as I sympathise, I can't let that pass. I'm not afraid of either. I'm not currently selling on ebay because the fee structure doesn't suit me, but if it changes, or my circumstances do, I'll use them again. I've made a business choice, not run away. And I use paypal every day because they provide an excellent professional service at a reasonable price.

View Barrattess's Feedback (+2717)
    All-About Barrattess
    View Barrattess's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Shermari...
    I can assure I for one AM NOT afraid to take on Paypal...if I think I am in the right.

I have been speaking with Suesjools and I can confirm that her buyer is the same buyer that has tried to scam another seller and myself today. Notice we sell Vintage Jewellery :-)

Do you know what really stinks in all of this...this buyer is in fact a seller ...right here on Ebid...of VINTAGE JEWELLERY!!!!

...watch this space!
    Last edited by Barrattess; 12th January 2011 at 12:37 AM.

Have a click...You know you want to...

All-About suesjools
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Barrattess View Post
    Hi Shermari...
    I can assure I for one AM NOT afraid to take on Paypal...if I think I am in the right.

I have been speaking with Suesjools and I can confirm that her buyer is the same buyer that has tried to scam both Opis Jewellery and myself today. Notice we all sell Vintage Jewellery :-)
    Opis returned their payment...I have not.

Do you know what really stinks in all of this...this buyer is in fact a seller ...right here on Ebid...of VINTAGE JEWELLERY!!!!

...watch this space!
    Yep, the same username. I reported the situation to eBid support earlier, and am hoping this will be dealt with soon, before this particular buyer targets more eBid sellers.

Thanks for all the support, I am still upset, but slowly recovering. Just hope Paypal doesn't toss me off for doing nothing wrong, the way eBay did back in 2000; if so, I'll have to find another online payment service.

Thanks again to everyone, you guys and gals are the BEST!

Best to all,

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Suesjools, I have just come in and read this thread and I am so sorry to know how distraught you have been.
    I posted to US at 10.58am on 6.1.11 and local Post Office lady warned me there were problems delivering mail in US.
    Just thought I would mention that. She didn't know why, just that there were.
    You are such a good lady - don't let this destroy you. Those with knowledge here will help & support you, the rest like me who are too new to give knowledge reach out our arms and hug you. Please don't make a big hole here where you have been. Lots & lots of hugs, X X X

All-About suesjools
    Forum Posts

Thanks, cheaver and everyone, you're too kind. The problem is not with the P.O. in my case, but with the buyer, as USPS reports items as having been delivered two days before the Paypal dispute was started.

I'm going to take a bit of a holiday after current auctions are ended and items mailed out to HerMajesty and another very good buyer, I need the breathing space for a bit.

Best wishes and hugs to all,

Thread Information