Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 73 of 85 FirstFirst ... 23636465666768697071727374757677787980818283 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Second-Life - Promote eBid for peanuts!

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lovetosell View Post
    Hi everyone!

The great re-vamp has started!

I'm not including pictures, you will need to come and visit to see progress. All I'm saying is that it's looking wonderful!

See you all soon

Wendy / Zarin
    OH MY !!!!!!

I may be in trouble but I went to take look and -- don't mean to be naughty (hehe) but I somehow made a couple of snapshots that followed me here.......It is not done but Simon and Wendy are doing a lovely job --- now if they will just get to the water (LOL- I like water)

Check the attachments for a larger view and enjoy.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

Hi evreyone,
    I am very new to eBid and I have just taken an ad in the virtual mall.
    I am not really sure how it works but it seems to be a great, innovative idea, so I thought I'd give it a go.
    I haven't tried going to Second Life yet, it seems a bit daunting.
    Elvire
    Used books on all subjects

View rupert691's Feedback (+2286)
    All-About rupert691
    View rupert691's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maxinesbookshop View Post
    Hi evreyone,
    I am very new to eBid and I have just taken an ad in the virtual mall.
    I am not really sure how it works but it seems to be a great, innovative idea, so I thought I'd give it a go.
    I haven't tried going to Second Life yet, it seems a bit daunting.
    Hi Elvire,

Many thanks for your support with the Project! I have just uploaded your advert and sent you a photo of it.

If you have any questions or problems at all, regarding SL etc. just ask away, and one of us will be sure to jump in and help. We're a very friendly Group, and it's always great to put a 'virtual face' to the name! .

The new Manderley Mall rebuild is semi-completed now, - just a few details to sort out, including the reinstatement of the 'Donation Box'. We'd removed it to help cut down on lag, but as so many of you have asked where it is, it's going back! (Now let's just hope it gets used! ROFL! )

Next in-line for a makeover is the Pond. The plan is to increase it's size and begin the weekly contests once again for fishing.

I have been busy putting some 'prims' in an Art Gallery for a Client. All the Art displayed there, is for sale in L$, and are miniatures of full sized works of art. Some of them have links to their web-sites too by the looks of things. Not sure, as I had to dash off for a meeting , but looked interesting, none-the-less.

Best wishes, Simon.

Last edited by rupert691; 26th April 2009 at 12:09 PM.
    Promote your eBid Sales with us on 'Second-Life'. If you'd like to join the SL eBid Group, please PM me for an Invite to help Promote your eBid Store/Listings!

'Rupert's Books' for Unusual used books!

Wow Simon, the ad looks great - much better even than I hoped.
    For the time being I am swamped in books, trying to upload my stock to my eBid store; but when that is done, I will probably try SL. It seems like a place you can spend a lot of time if you're not careful
    Elvire
    Used books on all subjects

All-About rupert691
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maxinesbookshop View Post
    Wow Simon, the ad looks great - much better even than I hoped.
    For the time being I am swamped in books, trying to upload my stock to my eBid store; but when that is done, I will probably try SL. It seems like a place you can spend a lot of time if you're not careful
    Thank you Elvire! I am so pleased you like it!

Hehehe SL is a place you can spend lots of time in even if you are careful! ROFL! In fact at the moment, we're working on another Building Project which we have been commissioned (in L$, of course), to undetake by a Businessman in the USA. This will be about our third, although this is the largest by far. The main reason we are doing this, is to raise more funds for the Project. The land that the Mall stands on, costs money each month, so we need to constantly find new ways to cover costs. We'll post some photos when we get a chance. Inbetween this, we'll be updating the Pond area next, too.

If you have any questions regarding the Project etc., or getting started on SL, just post on here and one of the regulars will be happy to help.

Take care and best wishes, Simon.
    Last edited by rupert691; 26th April 2009 at 12:08 PM.
    Promote your eBid Sales with us on 'Second-Life'. If you'd like to join the SL eBid Group, please PM me for an Invite to help Promote your eBid Store/Listings!

Forum Newbie
    View Kavaya's Feedback (+4)
    All-About Kavaya
    View Kavaya's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Video on YouTube that was mentioned

Hi Simon,

Back in ~ Feb '09 you mentioned a YouTube video and gave a link to it, but I just tried clicking it, and it said "this video is private".. I don't do YouTube, so not sure what this means, and if it is still somehow accessible.. Can you comment pls?

Thanks,

Bob

Forum Lurker
    View ucanbeasurvivor's Feedback (+317)
    All-About ucanbeasurvivor
    View ucanbeasurvivor's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile Froggy aboard

FROGGY aboard for this information and learning how to use it

All-About rupert691
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kavaya View Post
    Hi Simon,

Back in ~ Feb '09 you mentioned a YouTube video and gave a link to it, but I just tried clicking it, and it said "this video is private".. I don't do YouTube, so not sure what this means, and if it is still somehow accessible.. Can you comment pls?

Thanks,

Bob
    Hi Bob,

Thanks for your post. I've just had a look, and I'm guessing that Video has been taken down by whoever put it up. Possibly Wendy can track it down when she has a moment - as she found it, but it's probably gone for good. (I'll ask her nicely)

Here's a link to another 'interesting' You Tube Video, which gives a lot of insight into the sort of things that are possible 'in-world'. (One point I'd like to make, and I'm sure most of the Project Regulars would agree with me, is that SL is not a 'game'. There is no way to 'win', no real 'aims'. We tend to look on it as an 'experience'. Some of the largest Real Life Companies in the world are now using Second-Life to promote themselves.

The 'Second-Life' eBid Project has been running now since December 2007 with many new developments happening regularly. The Mall that we built to promote your adverts, is almost always full, so advertising space is limited, but please contact one of the regulars if you have any questions. The Pond next to the mall is undergoing a complete revamp, and Fishing contests will soon resume there. All those involved in the Project, also have other 'in-world' commitments, so we are usually available to answer any questions you may have, or to show you the area in which we work.

Feel free to post if you have any questions.

All the best, Simon.
    Last edited by rupert691; 14th July 2009 at 02:42 PM.

All-About rupert691
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ucanbeasurvivor View Post
    FROGGY aboard for this information and learning how to use it
    Nice one Froggy! Great to have you aboard!

Feel free to ask any questions, or let us know if you would like any help getting started.

Forum Lurker
    View ucanbeasurvivor's Feedback (+317)
    All-About ucanbeasurvivor
    View ucanbeasurvivor's Listings
    Forum Posts

Question Second-Life not for USA EBID sellers correct ?

Second-Life not for USA EBID sellers correct ?

Thread Information