My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: seller sent defective materials from ebid buy

Anthony, Sorry to hear of your trouble with this seller. You should contact ebid support regarding this seller and perhaps they will put a hold on his ebid account until there is some satisfaction in this matter. A link to support is below my signature.

I read somewhere that PP considers matter closed if carton arrives. Concept of one broken item to be returned/refunded is hard for them to deal with, maybe your CC company too. Perhaps boxing up all three, sending back and demanding 100% refund is easier? No math involved. You gave him a chance, oh well, now he loses $300.

Tell seller what you are doing, tell ebid and file against him, give him as many negatives as you can, one or three. Who sends broken stuff and says it is OK? Obviously a small time operator who thinks $100 is worth stealing when he could have had all your business worth lots more. Fool.

In US we can contact our state's Attorney General for Consumer Protection, filing a report and asking them to investigate. They give seller a deadline and demand resolution of the problem. All files are kept on file for years and the public has access to them. Might be a good way to followup after you get refund or to move matter further if you don't.

Good luck.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyDavar View Post
    wow! I had no idea. Sadly I assumed ebid was an ebay equivalent competitor just without the brand name, but looks like there is more to it. Awful that paypal is worth nothing. Thought they are supposed to add extra security for both parties.

Since seller's email to paypal showed refusal to consider replacing item or refunding amount for 1/3rd cost, which I thought was fair, I did unfortunately have to give a negative review, but noticed that seller has one company jumping on and giving positive reviews back to back. Guess they know how to get around the system :-( .

I have contacted our bank to get reversal of charges. Strange that seller's advertised phone number is disconnected and he responded to my emails before purchase, but when there was a problem, no responses to my emails except when I had to get paypal involved finally.

I don't know what folks are thinking when they do this kind of stuff? A customer's lifetime value is so much higher than any one purchase and the pain others have to go through to get money refunded, is not good for anyone else trying to run a solid business. I need these specialty supplies for our higher end equipment often. Probably spend at least $10,000.00-$14,000.00 /year for supplies. Seller that pushes folks away for $100 is just dumb business move in my humble opinion. I have found that if one takes care of clients and for years, you will sleep better and enjoy greater growth. We run a lot of printing jobs for many companies and build online and print marketing solutions that are modified to get optimal results. If I had a client not happy with a job we did, I would be a fool not to immediately try to satisfy them.

Craig, I did not see the -4 part when I reviewed though?
    I certainly sympathize with you wholeheartedly. Contact support@ebid.net and let them know what's going on. Hopefully they'll put a hold on the member's account.

x

View foxescome's Feedback (+2076)
    All-About foxescome
    View foxescome's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Sadly I assumed ebid was an ebay equivalent

So did I & I've registered as a seller!!! Obviously I didn't read through the small print!

I think this would put a lot of people off, it certainly would me if I knew about it.

My first purchase here was not a good one either & my neg or neutral will still show him as + feedback. Still trying to decide if it warrants a neg or neut.
    I also think a buyer wouldn't think to check feedback thoroughly - just look for a plus sign. Not until you know your way around the site would you know to do it.

btw - does pppay offer any protection on eBid?

Just my views for what they are worth
    Irene

For Everything a Girl Could Want
    Skincare, Perfumes, Purses & Handbags.

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Reeniay-Girls

I

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by foxescome View Post
    Is that right - no buyer protection on eBid, no resolution centre, no nothing??
    No. Not in the manner you are referring to. eBid is a venue that brings together seller and customer. Your means of resolving a dispute over a transaction are the same as in all other walks of life. You have legal redress if you are unable to gain satisfaction by other means. In the UK that is either the Sale of Goods Act or Distance Selling Regulations. US members can advise better on US matters.

The relationship between eBay and PayPal is of a peculiar nature as PayPal is a subsidiary company of eBay. Between them they hold eBay sellers over a barrel and can effectively ride roughshod over seller's rights in the pursuance of their own objectives. They cannot exert that level of control over sellers from anywhere else.

The 'extra' protection they do offer between them to eBay transactions is mainly an illusion. If they do find in favour of one party and can lay their hands on some money they may intervene but will more often leave you having to seek legal redress anyway. Never rely on eBay or PayPal to 'watch your back'.
    Last edited by astral276; 27th January 2010 at 11:42 AM.

View TexasAda's Feedback (+635)
    All-About TexasAda
    View TexasAda's Listings
    Forum Posts

OP, AnthonyDavar, I would leave strongly worded negative feedback. Something that is 1/3 useless is in effect just USELESS. The seller's refusal to answer you after you got the drums indicates to me an unethical person, and I would appreciate being warned about him. I buy copier cartridges myself now and then.

Feedback is editable here, should you someday need to revise it.

I bet ya any amount of money that if the same thing happened to that seller they wouldn't be a happy camper.

I'm not even going to comment on 'Ebid doesn't have buyer protection' since Ebid is only a venue platform. Eb*y started out the same way, let's not forget.

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by foxescome View Post
    Is that right - no buyer protection on eBid, no resolution centre, no nothing??
    Paypal only offers (limited) protection on greedbay.Anywhere else is not covered by their t&c's.(Although I haven't checked them lately so that may have changed.)

....Awful that paypal is worth nothing. Thought they are supposed to add extra security for both parties.
    See above.

Thanks everyone. I contacted ebid support from the link. Hopefully they have a resolution apart from bank return of all the money and putting the seller on position of losing his credit card acceptance privileges. If problem not resolved, I will also go for the attorney general's office in Florida where person is doing business. Since seller posted agreeing to abide by ebi rule 17) "Consumer Rights and Business Seller Responsibilities
    ... These rights include terms that goods are of satisfactory quality and fit for purpose." , I would think ebid would hold his company accountable. We'll have to wait & see. Hopefully no whistleblower attack system in place :-) We need folks building solid businesses with great venues like online auctions and the last thing we all need is to have customers leary of doing business because of experiences like these.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks everyone. I contacted ebid support from the link. Hopefully they have a resolution apart from bank return of all the money and putting the seller on position of losing his credit card acceptance privileges. If problem not resolved, I will also go for the attorney general's office in Florida where person is doing business. Since seller posted agreeing to abide by ebi rule 17) "Consumer Rights and Business Seller Responsibilities
    ... These rights include terms that goods are of satisfactory quality and fit for purpose." , I would think ebid would hold his company accountable. We'll have to wait & see. Hopefully no whistleblower attack system in place :-) We need folks building solid businesses with great venues like online auctions and the last thing we all need is to have customers leary of doing business because of experiences like these.
    This is exactly what we are all hoping to achieve.

x

Thread Information