Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: seller sent defective materials from ebid buy

Unhappy seller sent defective materials from ebid buy

What are options on here when I paid business seller JB Hobbies almost $300.00 for 3 copy machine drums and one of them is defective? I asked for help to get a replacement or partial money returned for defective product, but no answer. I went to paypal, and seller now says he only guarantees to ship the product, not that the product would not be defective?????? Does ebid have a resolution process, or do I need to go ripoffreport.com and better business bureau and his local authorities to try to resolve through letting the world know about this experience at ebid or just let the seller get away with sending a defective product and walk away from online ebid auctions? Being in business ourselves, I know how valuable is positive customer feedback, but many of our clients have been with us for almost 40 years. I know you can't always satisfy 100% but to have a defective product and refuse to make it right seems an unreasonable and awful way to try to sell and run hoping to catch another poor buyer who gets deceived into thinking he is buying a solid product, only to find out later it is defective.

Since I'm new to ebid and have not had any problems on ebay before, just wondering how to solve this awful problem with the seller
    Last edited by AnthonyDavar; 26th January 2010 at 05:55 PM.

He is responsible for defective items no matter what he says. If a dispute through PP won't get your money back then do a charge back on your credit card that you used on PP. Also leave bad feedback for the seller on here and report him on here and he should get taken care of.

talking to paypal, they have a special protection program for ebay, but not for ebid. Since item was defective, our options are direct legal action against seller as well as getting his credit card acceptance options disputed through our credit card companies' legal arms. Hopefully ebid has another option as well to make sure seller is responsible to meet ebid's requirements which state on the site as:
    "17) Consumer Rights and Business Seller Responsibilities
    •You generally have more legal rights if you buy from a business than from a consumer seller. These rights include terms that goods are of satisfactory quality and fit for purpose."

Thanks LaceDragon. Do you know how ebid takes care of the problematic vendor?

I've never had to go through that so I'm not 100% sure and I don't want to tell you wrong. I'm guessing they will suspend the seller but beyond that I'm unsure, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyDavar View Post
    Thanks LaceDragon. Do you know how ebid takes care of the problematic vendor?
    Anthony, as far as I know if a seller has a -4 feedback their account is automatically suspended. As others have said you can always leave appropriate feedback, however negative may not be the right choice after all you say you ordered 3 but 1 of them was defective, So in my opinion a neutral would be the best way to go.

Also tell your seller that under the Sale of goods act 1974, he is responsible for the delivery and effectiveness of the product, and also that you are entitled to a refund/replacement of the defective product.

Take a look at this link http://www.consumerrightsexpert.co.uk/FaultyGoods.html

Look out for this article at the bottom:
    Second-hand, Sales and Auctions
    Last edited by craig7501; 26th January 2010 at 06:50 PM.
    Don't walk in front of me..I may not follow-don't walk behind me..I may not lead-just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET
    27hours 30minutes without sleep

Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View Huddylion's Feedback (+4843)
    All-About Huddylion
    View Huddylion's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by craig7501 View Post
    Anthony, as far as I know if a seller has a -4 feedback their account is automatically suspended. As others have said you can always leave appropriate feedback, however negative may not be the right choice after all you say you ordered 3 but 1 of them was defective, So in my opinion a neutral would be the best way to go.

Also tell your seller that under the Sale of goods act 1974, he is responsible for the delivery and effectiveness of the product, and also that you are entitled to a refund/replacement of the defective product.

Take a look at this link http://www.consumerrightsexpert.co.uk/FaultyGoods.html

Look out for this article at the bottom:
    Second-hand, Sales and Auctions
    Don't know if any of that applies Craig as they are both in the states
    My feedback of
    is 100% positive and has all been earnt here on Ebid

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

The consumer act may be different for the USA.

eBid will suspend a member when they receive 2 negative feedbacks consecutively.

EBid don't have the buyer protection that eBay has. Only recourse is to do a charge back with your credit card.

It always saddens me when I read about bad sellers/buyers here but at the same time I'm relieved to know that eBid will make sure such members don't practice on here any more. At the moment, I'm getting a spate of NPBs who think it's fun to buy my items and then disappear without paying.

x

View foxescome's Feedback (+2076)
    All-About foxescome
    View foxescome's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default EBid don't have the buyer protection that eBay has. Only recourse is to do a charge b

Is that right - no buyer protection on eBid, no resolution centre, no nothing??
    Irene

For Everything a Girl Could Want
    Skincare, Perfumes, Purses & Handbags.

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Reeniay-Girls

I

wow! I had no idea. Sadly I assumed ebid was an ebay equivalent competitor just without the brand name, but looks like there is more to it. Awful that paypal is worth nothing. Thought they are supposed to add extra security for both parties.

Since seller's email to paypal showed refusal to consider replacing item or refunding amount for 1/3rd cost, which I thought was fair, I did unfortunately have to give a negative review, but noticed that seller has one company jumping on and giving positive reviews back to back. Guess they know how to get around the system :-( .

I have contacted our bank to get reversal of charges. Strange that seller's advertised phone number is disconnected and he responded to my emails before purchase, but when there was a problem, no responses to my emails except when I had to get paypal involved finally.

I don't know what folks are thinking when they do this kind of stuff? A customer's lifetime value is so much higher than any one purchase and the pain others have to go through to get money refunded, is not good for anyone else trying to run a solid business. I need these specialty supplies for our higher end equipment often. Probably spend at least $10,000.00-$14,000.00 /year for supplies. Seller that pushes folks away for $100 is just dumb business move in my humble opinion. I have found that if one takes care of clients and for years, you will sleep better and enjoy greater growth. We run a lot of printing jobs for many companies and build online and print marketing solutions that are modified to get optimal results. If I had a client not happy with a job we did, I would be a fool not to immediately try to satisfy them.

Craig, I did not see the -4 part when I reviewed though?

Thread Information