Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results: Do you feel / want a limit on the amount of auctions a seller can list each YDC?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • I don't think a limit is needed

11 45.83%
  • I think a limit of 2 should be in place

1 4.17%
  • I think a limit of 3 should be in place

1 4.17%
  • I think a limit of 4 should be in place

0 0%
  • I think a limit of 5 should be in place

6 25.00%
  • I think a limit of 6 should be in place

1 4.17%
  • I think a limit of 7 should be in place

0 0%
  • I think a limit of 8 should be in place

0 0%
  • I think a limit of 9 should be in place

0 0%
  • I think a limit of 10 should be in place

2 8.33%
  • I think a limit of 11-12 should be in place

0 0%
  • I think a limit of 13-14 should be in place

0 0%
  • I think a limit of 15-16 should be in place

0 0%
  • I think a limit of 17-18 should be in place

0 0%
  • I think a limit of 19 should be in place

0 0%
  • I think a limit of 20 should be in place

0 0%
  • I think a limit of 25 should be in place

0 0%
  • I think a limit of 26-35 should be in place

0 0%
  • I think a limit of 36-50 should be in place

0 0%
  • Other

2 8.33%
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: YDC auction limit count for each participant

Question YDC auction limit count for each participant

I was not going to mention this until YDC77 had finished, but feel I have to mention it now as some others think it's a good idea and others think that Paul has swamped YDC77 with over a hundred auctions.

From an un-biased view I can see & understand peoples view, but at the same time I don't personally feel that people should be limited to x amount of auctions.

Having said that YDC is not about my opinion it's about every YDC participants opinion/s although I cannot please everyone.

So the question for this thread is...

Do you feel a YDC auction limit per seller is needed?
    If so how many should the limit be?

There is going to be a poll added to this thread too so I can at a glance see what the YDC community feels.

If possible could people say why they chose a limit if they did
    Last edited by raindropsies; 1st June 2010 at 05:57 PM.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Nah. But I must add, that when I saw the auction numbers & 4 pages of auctions drop to 2 pages (Prism's auctions were on the entire page 2). That being said, I have an issue with too many rules & too much confinement. Each person should use their good judgement & try to be considerate of others.

I went for 3 - that is if we can get more people involved - I notice there are always a load of members and guests reading the Thread - but they don't join in

- I think we need to know why : don't they know how? don't they want to? are they shy? - come on folks, tell us why
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've gone for a limit of five. I feel that a small number of items from each person will improve the quality, there's a slight feeling at the moment of people listing anything they can't normally sell. I also feel that page after page of the same cheap items is visually tedious. A smaller number from each person will produce a more varied and appealing complete list, I feel, and draw people in more. There's a danger that outside viewers will look at YDC at the moment and say "oh, it's just a big mass of XYZ that I don't like" and move on. More variety will keep them looking.

View foxescome's Feedback (+2076)
    All-About foxescome
    View foxescome's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CarnoustieCats View Post
    I went for 3 - that is if we can get more people involved - I notice there are always a load of members and guests reading the Thread - but they don't join in

- I think we need to know why : don't they know how? don't they want to? are they shy? - come on folks, tell us why
    I do want to join in but still confused about the payment details I know I have asked before about this.. don't want payment to go into my PP business account. I think I can have it sent to the organiser but still don't know how to do this ~ I am VERY stupid with these things.

I personally don't think there should be a limit as it is all for the good cause and not right ban people from listing if they are willing to spend the time & trouble but must admit to getting bored looking through all the dvds' even though I made a bid on some
    Irene

For Everything a Girl Could Want
    Skincare, Perfumes, Purses & Handbags.

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Reeniay-Girls

I

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

I went for a limit of 5....which has been my personal limit for a while.

I wouldn't add things I can't sell to the YDC....that stuff goes to local charity stores. I just list random stuff for the YDC...and I regularly get a great response

Glasgow, South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View ejean9's Feedback (+946)
    All-About ejean9
    View ejean9's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    I've gone for a limit of five. I feel that a small number of items from each person will improve the quality, there's a slight feeling at the moment of people listing anything they can't normally sell. I also feel that page after page of the same cheap items is visually tedious. A smaller number from each person will produce a more varied and appealing complete list, I feel, and draw people in more. There's a danger that outside viewers will look at YDC at the moment and say "oh, it's just a big mass of XYZ that I don't like" and move on. More variety will keep them looking.
    i tend to agree..outsiders may look and think its full of cheap/free items..i am not trying to be offensive i just feel that the cheaper/free items can be listed on peeps own charity pages..ydc used to be strange unusual or just good laff stuff..free stuff dosent cut it for me..sorry.

Glasgow, South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View ejean9's Feedback (+946)
    All-About ejean9
    View ejean9's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moonwitch View Post
    I went for a limit of 5....which has been my personal limit for a while.

I wouldn't add things I can't sell to the YDC....that stuff goes to local charity stores. I just list random stuff for the YDC...and I regularly get a great response
    thats cos your treasure box is sooo alluring
    limit of 5 for me too

Stoke-On-Trent, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
    View prism2's Feedback (+95)
    All-About prism2
    View prism2's Listings
    Forum Posts

I must admit that I got carried away with my DVD listings this month, however I simply wanted to raise as much money as possible for them.
    If a limit was brought in, I feel that it could have a possibilty of killing YDC, by this I mean this YDC there are just 26 sellers listing items, so if a limit of 5 per seller was in that would be just 130 auctions maximum, there is 255 auctions this month an average of 6 each excluding my auctions, with mine the average is just under 10 each
    So what I am saying is that yes listing numbers could drop and then people could say, "no point listing in YDC as not many items get listed" and slowly it could drop to a silly amount, like wise if every seller did what I did it could raise to a silly amount.
    Having taken part in a few YDC's I have noticed that it seems to be the same people each month and also some months it's the same items, I think we need a way to get new people into YDC but don't think a limit per seller is the way, although I see no harm in a test period being done with a limit per seller
    Paul

Partner trades as Raindropsies

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

All listers do not list 5 auctions in the YDC. The YDC is at risk of being "ruled" out of existence. That might work, as there seem to be other charity auctions that could fill the gap. I hope not, because YDC seems to be the most general charity auction, with the potential to reach the widest audience. Freedom is appealing.

Thread Information