Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PPPay

Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View nykmedia's Feedback (+922)
    All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default PPPay

I've just been charged over £1 to update my card details and I'd like to know why?! It was NOT a new registration, it should have been a straightforward update of existing details for a long standing registered user of the payments site, but it's now telling me I have the maximum 2 cards verified when one is no longer valid. How do I cancel the other one? Has anyone had this same problem or am I doing something wrong?
    Be my eBuddy - Join eBid HERE

Raising funds to help feed rescue ponies via my eBid Frugaldom store

Still winning with Racing Book Shop

Quote Originally Posted by nykmedia View Post
    I've just been charged over £1 to update my card details and I'd like to know why?! It was NOT a new registration, it should have been a straightforward update of existing details for a long standing registered user of the payments site, but it's now telling me I have the maximum 2 cards verified when one is no longer valid. How do I cancel the other one? Has anyone had this same problem or am I doing something wrong?
    To remove a card you have to email support@pppay.com

I will not be updating my cards on pppay when the time comes, I'll be simply removing pppay from my auctions until it is improved. I in the past have been a fan of pppay, but my views have changed.

All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

If I'd known there was a charge of up to £2 just to verify a card then I'd never have updated my details but my bank changed the cards and I thought it best to ensure account was up to date. A few pence would have been acceptable but over £1 just isn't on - will email support and see if anyone ever gets back to me about it.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

PPPay really does need sorting out. I can't understand why they don't do it. They could likely make more money from PPPay than they do from eBid if they made it work OK.

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    PPPay really does need sorting out. I can't understand why they don't do it. They could likely make more money from PPPay than they do from eBid if they made it work OK.
    Agreed,

pppay have in my eyes until end October this year, if not sorted, I'll be removing pppay for good.

I don't see why I should have to pay every time my card changes, after all I've had 50+ people use pppay to pay me with a card which is 49p min each time so thats £24+

Chester - Le - Street, Durham, United Kingdom
    View Armstrongs's Feedback (+1436)
    All-About Armstrongs
    View Armstrongs's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nykmedia View Post
    If I'd known there was a charge of up to £2 just to verify a card then I'd never have updated my details but my bank changed the cards and I thought it best to ensure account was up to date. A few pence would have been acceptable but over £1 just isn't on - will email support and see if anyone ever gets back to me about it.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.
    Yep, it happened to me too!

My card had expired, & when I updated it on pppay...was charged again for the verification. Added to that, the hassle from new buyers not understanding the "penny check" process......only one option left really.....remove it as a payment option!

Yvonne x

Look here for Crafty Bits

Find the Beamish Bazaar here!

I'M A YDC SUPPORTER!
    Find eBid's monthly charity auctions HERE on the 24th!

Hi Yvonne you helped me before about t-shirt thank you

Hi i am a newbie and set up pppay i have had no sales yet but if i do get a sale and someone pays me with pppay who gets charged?
    shell
    Last edited by shellsdesigns; 11th May 2010 at 10:05 AM.

All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Shellsdesigns, it used to be that payments could be sent and received between 'in credit' accounts fee free, which is what I liked about the system. But I'm not sure if this is still the case. If anyone wants to clear their accounts, give me a shout and I'll gladly sell for PPPay payments but the amount needed before transferring to cash in the bank seems to have gone up, too.

I don't know how verification can be called 'penny checking' when it now involves over £1.

Also - shellsdesigns, if you go into your user control panel you can add a signature link below your posts here so readers can view either your 'about me' page or your store or items. It's always handy for attracting a few lookers that may become buyers, so it could help.
    Last edited by nykmedia; 11th May 2010 at 10:16 AM.

Chester - Le - Street, Durham, United Kingdom
    View Armstrongs's Feedback (+1436)
    All-About Armstrongs
    View Armstrongs's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shellsdesigns View Post
    Hi i am a newbie and set up pppay i have had no sales yet but if i do get a sale and someone pays me with pppay who gets charged?
    shell
    Hiya Shell

Unless your buyer has a pppay "balance", they will get charged an extra 49p to process their payment

imo, the pppay system is just too cumbersome and expensive to ever be a viable payment system and that's a real pity!
    I've "lost" several customers who have fallen on pppay hurdles - and that can't be good for the site either!

We live in an "instant" world....and I don't think that that parameter was ever factored in to the business planning for pppay

It probably could be a great service, but it needs a radical overhaul first (by payment processor experts ).

For some strange reason I have a vision of a Reliant being in a F1 Grand Prix........it'll never get anywhere!

Yvonne x

Look here for Crafty Bits

Find the Beamish Bazaar here!

I'M A YDC SUPPORTER!
    Find eBid's monthly charity auctions HERE on the 24th!

All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vonz View Post
    For some strange reason I have a vision of a Reliant being in a F1 Grand Prix........it'll never get anywhere!
    Had to have a laugh at this as it's relevant on so many levels elsewhere, too. But then again, think of the hare and the tortoise. Has to make you wonder, though, at all these companies that just 'are' because it says so on a screen.

Sorry PPPay, but I feel safer using PayPal and wish I'd never bothered updaing my details.

Thread Information