Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Google search info

Default Google search info

I was just checking out my listing on Google search, went 10 pages in and didn't find it. I did find another ebid seller though, and her wording was different than what I see on her store. Is there another place to write up what you want to appear on search engines?

Have your items got a buy it now price and photo? Also did you go to the normal google or google.com/products?
    Don't walk in front of me..I may not follow-don't walk behind me..I may not lead-just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET
    27hours 30minutes without sleep

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

I can't see any reason why your eligible items are not appearing. Though I have got the impression before that Google US is far slower at processing uploads than Google UK.

Before you could submit your own feed to Google but they no longer allow that for items listed on sites like eBid and eBay. Submissions have to come from the site and not individual sellers.

View banrigh's Feedback (+2949)
    All-About banrigh
    View banrigh's Listings
    Forum Posts

If you are using the basic Google search, that is picked up by their spiders and it takes awhile.
    If you go to Google Shopping and search products, you should see your auctions there.

Google blurb pulls wording from listing, just parts, something adds stuff in another language too. Bits and pieces are nonsense sometimes, but it gets buyers to look.

No you can't control what google takes and uses.

OK, I went to google search and thru 75 pages with no results. I also went to Google shopping and there was no ebids. Then I looked at stores on the side and there was no ebid listed. What's going on?

View terry5732's Feedback (+1374)
    All-About terry5732
    View terry5732's Listings
    Forum Posts

My clutter

I don't play the reserve game

Quote Originally Posted by kapdirs1703 View Post
    I was just checking out my listing on Google search, went 10 pages in and didn't find it. I did find another ebid seller though, and her wording was different than what I see on her store. Is there another place to write up what you want to appear on search engines?
    The easy way to check if your items are showing on google products is to put in your storename or username & eBid.

Before anyone says Buyers wouldn't search that way, that isn't the object of the exercise, which is just to confirm the items have been uploaded.

In your case I used eBid "Kats" (otherwise google included cats ) & got

http://www.google.com/products?q=eBi...%22&hl=en&aq=f
    It showed both your stores but
    note it also picked up some items by another seller that had Kats in the title.

So now you know your items are there you can concentrate on getting the keywords right.

I read somewhere a long time ago, for general google search that it's best if your keywords are in the title, or within the first 30 words of the description. It certainly doesn't hurt to repeat keywords from the title in the description, (as long as you don't repeat them over & over again, as that is considered keyword spamming), plus use any alternate keywords that people might use to search as well.
    For instance I notice the feebay listings that Terry showed you in his post used American Girl, as well as Bitty Baby

You need to remember google, or any other search engine for that matter, is operated by a computer not a human, it will only see what is actually there, whereas a human brain, would fill in the gaps.

I notice in your doll clothes listings, although you have the doll type in the title, you don't repeat it in the description.

For instance
    Title

Yellow & Red Shorts Set fits Bitty Baby
    Description
    This 2 piece short set has yellow, elastic waisted shorts and a red with primary colored stars sleeveless shirt. It closes in back with Velcro.
    So that is what the search engine would see!

What it wouldn't see is
    doll clothes,
    Your search - eBid "Kats" doll clothes - did not match any products.
    14 to 16 inch baby doll.
    Your search - eBid "Kats" 14 to 16 inch baby doll - did not match any products.

If you repeat the first of those searches leaving out Kats you get
    Results 1 - 10 of about 612 for eBid doll clothes
    If you leave out eBid as well
    Results 1 - 10 of about 124,147 for doll clothes

So you've got a lot of competition for those keywords, but it's still better than not being included at all.

Things are a little different using baby doll, because that also brings up lots of lingerie.
    but I'm sure you get the gist, anyway.

Last edited by Gothicina; 11th February 2010 at 06:00 AM.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicina View Post
    The easy way to check if your items are showing on google products is to put in your storename or username & eBid.

Before anyone says Buyers wouldn't search that way, that isn't the object of the exercise, which is just to confirm the items have been uploaded.

In your case I used eBid "Kats" (otherwise google included cats ) & got
    http://www.google.com/products?q=eBi...%22&hl=en&aq=f
    It showed both your stores but
    note it also picked up some items by another seller that had Kats in the title.

So now you know your items are there you can concentrate on getting the keywords right.

I read somewhere a long time ago, for general google search that it's best if your keywords are in the title, or within the first 30 words of the description. It certainly doesn't hurt to repeat keywords from the title in the description, (as long as you don't repeat them over & over again, as that is considered keyword spamming), plus use any alternate keywords that people might use to search as well.
    For instance I notice the feebay listings that Terry showed you in his post used American Girl, as well as Bitty Baby

You need to remember google, or any other search engine for that matter, is operated by a computer not a human, it will only see what is actually there, whereas a human brain, would fill in the gaps.

I notice in your doll clothes listings, although you have the doll type in the title, you don't repeat it in the description.

For instance
    Title

Description

So that is what the search engine would see!

What it wouldn't see is
    doll clothes,
    Your search - eBid "Kats" doll clothes - did not match any products.
    14 to 16 inch baby doll.
    Your search - eBid "Kats" 14 to 16 inch baby doll - did not match any products.

If you repeat the first of those searches leaving out Kats you get
    Results 1 - 10 of about 612 for eBid doll clothes
    If you leave out eBid as well
    Results 1 - 10 of about 124,147 for doll clothes

So you've got a lot of competition for those keywords, but it's still better than not being included at all.

Things are a little different using baby doll, because that also brings up lots of lingerie.
    but I'm sure you get the gist, anyway.
    Excellent.

Using "wow" "pretty" "shabby chic" "a deal" etc,in title is a waste of keywords too. Make every letter counts for search in title, repeat and expand in description and you get more hits.

Thread Information