My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Postal charge error on invoice

Angry Postal charge error on invoice

For the 2nd time the invoice has defaulted to £1.50 postal charge when it is £1.85 or £2.20 depnding on which option the seller chooses. The invoice reads no postage options. Any one else had this kind of issue. I am deleting all listings until resolved.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Is this the ebid invoice, or a paypal one? Have you reported it to ebid?

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by summersunshine View Post
    .... I am deleting all listings until resolved.
    Name:  cutting off nose.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  1.9 KB :d
    Last edited by bluebedouin; 20th January 2010 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by summersunshine View Post
    For the 2nd time the invoice has defaulted to £1.50 postal charge when it is £1.85 or £2.20 depnding on which option the seller chooses. The invoice reads no postage options. Any one else had this kind of issue. I am deleting all listings until resolved.
    Beats me how you can resolve anything without contacting support.
    Do you really think deleting your listings, solves the problem. Thats a bit like spitting the dummy out, isn't it

Why not contact support and explain the situation to them before doing anything drastic. http://uk.ebid.net/help_main.php
    PLJ

Store open again
    For Portraits in Pastels, Watercolour and Graphite Pencil.
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Sweet-Smel...cess-Art-Store
    For beautiful hand made Greeting Cards
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/The-Little-Card-Shop
    For Collectors Dolls
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/The-Little-Doll-Shop
    Quality Secondhand Books
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/The-Little-Book-Shop
    Fine Jewellery and Costume Jewellery
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/The-Little-Jewellery-Shop

Angry Defaults to Wrong Shipping Amount

Everytime my customers checkout and pay immediately through paypal, they get charged the wrong shipping amount. It's frustrating because I have to refund the difference which paypal charges me a fee for. I've looked everyone on my listings and I have no idea where the wrong default amount comes from. If there anyone out there knows how to correct this default, please let me know!

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wildaboutpins View Post
    ...and I have no idea where the wrong default amount comes from.
    Check your PayPal account.

Go to My Account > Profile > Postage Calculations and ensure the box at the bottom of the page is ticked and click Save.

Attachment 14977

View mrskyp's Feedback (+409)
    All-About mrskyp
    View mrskyp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Check your PayPal account.

Go to My Account > Profile > Postage Calculations and ensure the box at the bottom of the page is ticked and click Save.

Attachment 14977
    Astral, I have just sold my first item on eBid - I forgot to tick the PayPal transaction box before sending my invoice. At first I had the option to specify 1st Class as requested by the buyer, but when It arrived (far as I can tell from my cc copy) the postage was gone from the invoice.

So I ticked the transaction box,saved and went back to My eBid - the postage was still gone and no options to edit. Never mind, the buyer was an ex-FeeBay customer and paid the correct total anyway.

But will I be ok next time (ie the next invoice won't be overwritten by PP)?

Rob

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrskyp View Post
    Astral...

...But will I be ok next time (ie the next invoice won't be overwritten by PP)?
    If I had the ability to see into the future I wouldn't be wasting my time here.

If the PayPal setting was the cause of the original problem then hopefully things will go right next time now the setting is corrected. I can offer no guarantees though.

All I can say is that I had a similar problem when I first started here and making that setting resolved it. At that time PayPal had just slipped in the postal calculations without any notice and it cause many people some head scratching.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildaboutpins View Post
    Everytime my customers checkout and pay immediately through paypal, they get charged the wrong shipping amount. It's frustrating because I have to refund the difference which paypal charges me a fee for. I've looked everyone on my listings and I have no idea where the wrong default amount comes from. If there anyone out there knows how to correct this default, please let me know!
    You appear to have set your listing default for domestic shipping at $2.75, and your inter'l for calculated rate (which seems to be working fine). This is probably what is miscalculating your domestic postage (if that is what you are referring to).

I use same settings and mine work fine, but I do not have any price set in my defaults for domestic flat rate, which you seem to have. My guess it that this is your problem.

If the 2.75 figure is NOT on each listing (I did not check all your listings), then you have under calculated your flat rate shipping on each listing, so it is always wrong.

Either way, I believe this is where you problem is coming from.

Thread Information