eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can We Change Shipping Appearance in Stores?

View iwiw60's Feedback (+761)
    All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Can We Change Shipping Appearance in Stores?

Would it be possible to change how free shipping appears when viewing a store from S&H Incl" to "S&H FREE" with the word FREE in red?? It would stand out better on the page I would think and attract buyers???

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

We'll look into this, don't see why not.

Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Quote Originally Posted by iwiw60 View Post
    Would it be possible to change how free shipping appears when viewing a store from S&H Incl" to "S&H FREE" with the word FREE in red?? It would stand out better on the page I would think and attract buyers???
    I agree there, IMO it would look better.
    Click below to visit my store.

Sinclair Revival

Sinclair ZX Spectrum
    Software & Hardware

Record store coming soon......

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Except Included is more factually correct. Unless of course you have found a supplier of free packaging material and a free carrier. If so I would love to be let in on it.

I.e. there is no such thing as Free shipping. It is either stated separately or included within the purchase price.
    Last edited by astral276; 25th November 2009 at 10:52 PM.

All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Except Included is more factually correct. Unless of course you have found a supplier of free packaging material and a free carrier. If so I would love to be let in on it.

I.e. there is no such thing as Free shipping. It is either stated separately of included within the purchase price.
    I must agree to disagree, Mel. The word Free will always catch a buyers eye over other listings, irregardless of whether the BIN is padded to cover costs. As the old saying goes: Free is good!!

Not many things in life are really free, but the 'free' things definately catch your eye. IMO.
    Click below to visit my store.

Sinclair Revival

Sinclair ZX Spectrum
    Software & Hardware

Record store coming soon......

Nakhon Ratchasima Thailand (Not Singapore), Singapore, United Kingdom
    View gazlannathai's Feedback (+796)
    All-About gazlannathai
    View gazlannathai's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    We'll look into this, don't see why not.

Gazza

Before making any such change, you might want to run an enquiry past the Advertising Standards Authority and Trading Standards.

I think you'll find the answer from both the ASA and TS will be that on a venue luike eBid (or any other similar online venue) the offical stance will be - "only if every user abides by the 'previously advertised for 30 days with shipping cost stated, and with no product price inflation when declaring free shipping' rule" otherwise they'll likely say "see you in court".

Also, this is an extremely emotive subject and personally I much prefer the existing declaration of shipping cost included. Please do not turn into a deceit-encouraging organisation like the dark side. You and your members have spent years building eBid as a clean and reliable alternative to American disingenuity, don't throw all that away - please.

Gaz

p.s. - no need to lie by using the word free - you could create a new listing classification, for example "ONE PRICE" for buy now items - then adorn the site with info banners that trumpets eBid's ONE PRICE listings mean the price you see is the total you pay for product and shipping - no extra charges are tagged on, etc.

Of course, it would need a little coding done - especially for cross border sellers and worldwide shippers - they'd need multiple fields to reflect the different shipping costs to different zones.

Alternatively, turn the entire site ONE PRICE for buy now items - let the sellers continue inputting product and zonal-shipping costs as per now, but auto-combine them per zone of buyer viewing the page or listing. Leave the separate shipping for auction format only and remove the buy now price from auctions .... but then you'll become too much like fleecebay.
    Last edited by gazlannathai; 25th November 2009 at 05:40 AM.

Nakhon Ratchasima Thailand (Not Singapore), Singapore, United Kingdom
    View gazlannathai's Feedback (+796)
    All-About gazlannathai
    View gazlannathai's Listings
    Forum Posts

p.p.s. That then makes a feature out of sellers who can discount for "Buyer Collects" sales, as well as making a more prominent feature for "Discounts when buying multiple items", which will encourage greater bidding and buying activity.

.... maybe a new badge on ONE PRICE listings for sellers willing to discount due to the included shipping?

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

The problem with the "one price" idea and automatically including the postage in the price is that UK postage has 3 different prices for each weight depending on the dimensions of the package. Also from what I have read the American/Canadian postal systems are even more complicated. This would be a receipe for disaster as some folks couldn't be bothered to work out the postage under the old UK system.

Also the "one price" system would mean not giving the buyer the choice of postage that they have at the moment.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

Thread Information