eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Upgrading to Seller Account (New to the Site)

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

It's really odd that so many newcomers are having problems upgrading to seller with their CC cards.

All I can suggest right now is that you check every detail of your eBid registration matches the details on your card and, if necessary, contact your CC company. If all else fails, contact support@ebid.net and let them know.

Also (not sure this is relevant or not) check that your details on PP are the same as well?

x

Forum Newbie
    All-About Outlandish
    View Outlandish's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    Let us know the outcome OK?

x
    Got a reply today from eBid, here it is:

"error 537

All card information is sent via our secure encryption partners directly through to our merchant service providers.
    We do not see or have access to your card information.

We have contacted our Payment provider due to the number of 537 errors our customers are receiving. We are
    awaiting a fix for this problem.

Please also note we will be adding an additional payment provider in the next few weeks
    to increase payment options.

Our apologies for the inconvenience.

Best Wishes
    eBid Support Team"

Guess I'll have to wait for things to get resolved. Thanks again for the help.

Sincerely,
    Outlandish

It's not just ebid either. I've had buyers on other sites complaining recently also. Maybe the credit card companies are beefing up their security to stop the fraud online.

Forum Newbie
    All-About Outlandish
    View Outlandish's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have a new question. Could I upgrade to a seller account if I used Paypal? If so, I might have to look into opening one.

Hi Outlandish,

Don't see why you couldn't. I registered as a buyer first then upgraded to seller+lifetime using PayPal.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Outlandish View Post
    Hey,

I'm new to the site and I just joined yesterday. When I went to upgrade my buyer account to a seller account, I got this error.

"Card Authoristion Error.

See below for more details. NetBanx There has been an error Sorry,
    but there has been an error encountered while handling your request.
    The error message was:

(537) 3D Authentication Failed If you wish to try again, please click
    below: Return to the payment page"

I then proceeded to contact ebid and got this response:

"Please accept our apologies.

A 537 error occurs when a cardholder successfully validates their 3D
    secure but has entered other card data wrongly, normally the expiry date
    or postcode. The customer may use the back button to retry the transaction
    rather than the link on the failure page.
    All card information is sent via our secure encryption partners directly through
    to our merchant service providers.
    We do not see or have access to your card information. If possible please try to use a different type of card or contact your card
    provider to ascertain more information on
    your problem.

Best Wishes
    eBid Support Team"

I've tried twice and I'm pretty sure I entered all the information correctly.

What could the problem be? Anything I can do?

All help is appreciated, Thanks!

Sincerely,
    Outlandish

Outlandish, I just arrived to the site, tried to upgrade and got the same error message. And I don't need to call my cc company. I know very well there's no problem with it.
    I REALLY want to find an alternative to eBay, but this isn't a very good start.

Don't give up you two! Ebid just recently moved their servers to Dallas, Tx and have had a few glitches here and there come up. Not sure if that has anything to do with it though but figured it was worth mentioning. Just stay in contact with support & I'm sure it will all work out shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubysafira View Post
    Don't give up you two! Ebid just recently moved their servers to Dallas, Tx and have had a few glitches here and there come up. Not sure if that has anything to do with it though but figured it was worth mentioning. Just stay in contact with support & I'm sure it will all work out shortly.
    Thank you, Rubysafira. I will try again. But I don't need to point out that any site hoping the challenge The Others will have to be a well-oiled machine and user friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by rethreads View Post
    Thank you, Rubysafira. I will try again. But I don't need to point out that any site hoping the challenge The Others will have to be a well-oiled machine and user friendly.

LOL I don't think so since e**y is hardly all that and a bag of chips! The glitches here are minor and nothing that can't be fixed once management is made aware of it. And besides, e**y is not immune to downtime or glitches within their systems. Happens far more than I care to mention.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubysafira View Post
    LOL I don't think so since e**y is hardly all that and a bag of chips! The glitches here are minor and nothing that can't be fixed once management is made aware of it. And besides, e**y is not immune to downtime or glitches within their systems. Happens far more than I care to mention.
    I grant you they are subject to the occasional glitch, but they're also on it like a cloud of killer bees, and love 'em or hate 'em, they run a tight ship. Now too tight for my tastes, to be sure, but I promise you they've never had a problem taking my money. LOL!

Thread Information