eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: New ebid buyers- don't loose your common sence!

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default New ebid buyers- don't loose your common sence!

Welcome new ebidders to ebid. As Xmas approaches we are seeing lots of new buyers and sellers.... some not quite as welcome as others.
    What astounds me is the number of brand new buyers who will bid on very high priced items from brand new zero feedback sellers- even when the photos are copied from trade websites, the descriptions are copied, and the sellers 'about me' page is empty

Would these same buyers walk into a pub and hand over £500 to a stranger who promised to come back in a few hours with their goods? probably not.. so why are you doing it here???
    There are thousands of excellent ebid sellers, who's feedback records show successful transactions with many different buyers, who's auctions show real photos, and who's descriptions describe the item they won, and who's about me pages give plenty of information about them as a seller. Buy from those who have proven themselves, not those who have been too lazy- or worse! to do so

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HannaHolly View Post

Would these same buyers walk into a pub and hand over £500 to a stranger who promised to come back in a few hours with their goods? probably not.. so why are you doing it here???
    And if they did, and it went wrong, would they blame the landlord?

Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View Huddylion's Feedback (+4843)
    All-About Huddylion
    View Huddylion's Listings
    Forum Posts

Very good advice indeed,please take heed.
    Not being funny but a good example of a Good about me page is

My feedback of
    is 100% positive and has all been earnt here on Ebid

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

As long as you know how to crack the code.

Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View Huddylion's Feedback (+4843)
    All-About Huddylion
    View Huddylion's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    As long as you know how to crack the code.
    What code ?
    My feedback of
    is 100% positive and has all been earnt here on Ebid

I think that's a bit unfair on new comers don't you think, everyone's got to start from somewhere, even you started without feedbacks at one point. I think you are just trying to look after your own business and sud every body else.

I'm new on this site although i have 100% positive feedbacks on other site, that don't make me a dishonest seller. Sellers like you i keep away from.

http://uk.nine.ebid.net/perl/normal....heir-all-about

http://uk.nine.ebid.net/perl/main.cg...tle=Jewel-Time

Quote Originally Posted by jeweltime View Post
    I think that's a bit unfair on new comers don't you think, everyone's got to start from somewhere, even you started without feedbacks at one point. I think you are just trying to look after your own business and sud every body else.

I'm new on this site although i have 100% positive feedbacks on other site, that don't make me a dishonest seller. Sellers like you i keep away from.

Hi Jeweltime - welcome to eBid

dont take anything personally, but just read a few (and growing fast) horror stories that are appearing in threads about people that are parting with their hard earned.

Its sound, friendly advice, noone is trying to pimp their store, just more experienced sellers trying to help those of us who are newer.

I must admit that it can look rather scary when you see the popular auctions and there is high value items from sellers with no feedback, and the only payment option is cheque or postal order, I just wish there was a way to warn the newbies.

Or an outside the box idea, for new sellers make them offer a secure method of payment. Then when they have proved themselves lets say had £200 or more in sales they can use what ever they want as long as the sales have been 100% good for the buyers.

I am not one for a site telling what a buyer or seller can do / cannot do, but I just think this may help newbies understand the risk involved and help reduce the risk for the buyer, which will get more buyers here which will be good for everyone. I know that on 1 site you have to offer an escrow service (unless I misread it) and that's on CQ

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jeweltime View Post

I don't see how it's unfair? when I first started on ebid I took time to get my feedback started by buying some items, I had my 'about me' page in place before I listed my first item for sale, and i built my feedback by selling low value items. I haven't checked your links, but even if you have zero feedback there are wasy you can demonstrate you have a good customer service record, for example you can use your 'about me' page to let people know your username on other sites . Maybe you do this already? anyway i wish you well with your buying and selling on ebid

edit. Just looked and you have a very nice 'about me' page. One tip- if you have all your listings on 'run until sold' they'll always be at the back of the searches. I'd recommend an 8 -10 day listing with auto repost so that your items get seen regularly at the front of the searches, whilst still qualifying for the free upload to google products.

Thread Information