eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Items not appearing unless 'browse' used?

Default Items not appearing unless 'browse' used?

Hello.
    Whenever I go into 'search' for my items to view as a buyer would, my items don't appear unless the buyer clicks 'browse' and then they all appear. I don't understand why this happens and it's no wonder I don't have many 'views' as buyer's don't see them unless the 'browse' option is used.
    There are over 1000 similar items listed but only 200 or so come up when the buyer clicks on the category but none of mine appear. Am I doing something wrong here?
    Any suggestions please?
    Thanks.
    Carol
    PS. I list as 'auction', BIN and 'run til sold'.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by carolandjessica View Post
    Hello.
    Whenever I go into 'search' for my items to view as a buyer would, my items don't appear
    I can see your items. If I search on your uid it returns 198 items. If I search on 'CUFF' your items are included in the results.

What is actually returned when you search? Any results at all? Any messages on screen resulting from the search?

I currently can't search using Internet Explorer but can with Firefox. When I raised this a short while ago everyone convinced me the problem was local to me. I have noted others making the same complaint though since then. What setup are you using?

Hi I have the same problem, like the site but find a pain to get around. Too many long lists of sales by one dealer, had to go to page 17 to find my item.!
    Oldtimes newbie

Hi Astral
    The problem I have is that my items are only seen when 'browsed' or if the buyer goes into the actual size they require and then of course they show up.
    I mix the listing styles to auction, BIN and run til sold to give everything a fair chance.
    Even if my items only have 2hrs left on the clock, they still don't show up on the first page. Items with 3 days left for example take preference.
    When I search, I put 'knickers' in the box and then click on the clothing etc category and then search.....Those items of mine running out in 2hrs are not there which puzzles me...But if I click on 'browse' I can see them.
    What I can't understand is what make's another sellers items appear on the front page but not mine. Obviously I would like mine on the front page too. Do I have to use the 'featured' option which would then work out more expensive at £1 a time? This is the only thing I can come up with.
    I haven't been here on eBid very long so still finding my way around.
    I'm just puzzled by this, that's all.
    Carol

Hi Astral
    I've just tried again in case it was me being a dipstick?
    Put 'knickers' in the search box, then 'clothing & accessories', clicked on 'underwear & lingerie', then 'knickers' and out of 212 items, not a single one of mine there!!!! And I have things running out on auction everyday!
    I'm baffled! But if I click 'browse', lo and behold I see them.
    So basically I don't have a hope of selling anything because my items are not seen. Not all buyers are going to bother with the 'browse' option.
    Carol

Hi Astral
    The problem I have is that my items are only seen when 'browsed' or if the buyer goes into the actual size they require and then of course they show up.
    I mix the listing styles to auction, BIN and run til sold to give everything a fair chance.
    Even if my items only have 2hrs left on the clock, they still don't show up on the first page. Items with 3 days left for example take preference.
    When I search, I put 'knickers' in the box and then click on the clothing etc category and then search.....Those items of mine running out in 2hrs are not there which puzzles me...But if I click on 'browse' I can see them.
    What I can't understand is what make's another sellers items appear on the front page but not mine. Obviously I would like mine on the front page too. Do I have to use the 'featured' option which would then work out more expensive at £1 a time? This is the only thing I can come up with.
    I haven't been here on eBid very long so still finding my way around.
    I'm just puzzled by this, that's all.
    Carol
    As you don't use the word knickers in your item title or description it won't show, it will if they search for panties,as you have used that.
    If you want both searches to pick it up you need to use both words, if there isn't room in the title you should at least have it in the description, so if they tick that box in search it will pick the item up.
    Last edited by Gothicina; 12th February 2010 at 09:45 PM.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Is it the same as the problem I had in this thread:

http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread.php?t=109324

I couldn't search on my main computer, but it worked fine on another computer and my laptop. Then when I installed Firefox on my main computer the search worked correctly. Firefox is a very nice fast browser, maybe it would fix the problem for you as well?

I'm right. I AM A DIPSTICK!!
    Why didn't I think of that. Of course nobody is going to see my items as they wouldn't look for 'panties' would they.
    Now I feel really stupid!!!!
    Looks like I shall have to change some titles then, assuming I'm allowed to do that after they are listed?

Hi Lacedragon
    No, the fault is entirely mine!
    I should have written the word 'knickers' in my titles instead of panties. When buyers over here look for underwear they tend to put the word 'knickers' in the search box. I think the word panties is used more on the US sites. I prefer to use the word panties but guess I will have to change my listings to KNICKERS!!!
    Oh well! Never mind. At least I have found out where I've gone wrong.

#3 & #7 Thank you both for your help.

Carol

Hi Lacedragon
    No, the fault is entirely mine!
    I should have written the word 'knickers' in my titles instead of panties. When buyers over here look for underwear they tend to put the word 'knickers' in the search box. I think the word panties is used more on the US sites. I prefer to use the word panties but guess I will have to change my listings to KNICKERS!!!
    Oh well! Never mind. At least I have found out where I've gone wrong.

#3 & #7 Thank you both for your help.

Carol
    Don't forget briefs as well.

Don't change all of the titles, just some of them.
    For instance if you have different colours use panties in the title of red pair size 12/14 & knickers in the title for the blue pair 12/14.
    Then swap it around for the 16/18's, that way you'll cover both markets,do the same with the descriptions, if you use panties in the title, use knickers in the description, & vice versa. Once the buyer has got to your store they will browse for more whatever you've used in the title.

I'm right. I AM A DIPSTICK!!
    Why didn't I think of that. Of course nobody is going to see my items as they wouldn't look for 'panties' would they.
    Now I feel really stupid!!!!
    Yes you can change titles & descriptions provided the items don't have a bid on them.

BTW you're not a dipstick,you just made a 'bloomer'

ok I'll go away now!
    Last edited by Gothicina; 3rd August 2008 at 07:52 PM.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Thread Information