Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feeling pleased with myself

Default Feeling pleased with myself

We bought some new garden furniture in Homebase today.
    Very large flat pack and we struggled getting it into the car.
    However, when we got home, there was a chair missing!
    Phoned the store and they said they would have it ready at customer services to collect. I went back on my own, it was ready for me and I just very casually said: "this is a 30 mile roundtrip for me, are you going to refund me for my petrol?" Was expecting a flat out No.
    However, she phoned the manager and asked - I got £20 back! - would have been happy with a fiver.

Wow expenses like that, not an MP are you
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Quote Originally Posted by kengillam View Post
    Wow expenses like that, not an MP are you
    lol Ken.
    Wouldn't have done me as an MP - would have had to charge for an hour of my time as well + an unconvenience payment of let's say a "full refund" and whilst retaining my receipt I could have charged it to you and all the other British taxpayers as well!

Quote Originally Posted by mainlypostcards View Post
    lol Ken.
    Wouldn't have done me as an MP - would have had to charge for an hour of my time as well + an unconvenience payment of let's say a "full refund" and whilst retaining my receipt I could have charged it to you and all the other British taxpayers as well!

And a second home as you live so near.

Great result!

We have a B&Q within a quarter mile of us. Having purchased some (supposedly) pink(ish) paint (Don't ask..) we got home and on opening the tins found a rather fetching shade of light green.

On taking them back we had an apology, full refund and the tins replaced free of charge.

I'm now planning to order a wrongly coloured bathroom suite...

Quote Originally Posted by Redclassichifi View Post
    Great result!

We have a B&Q within a quarter mile of us. Having purchased some (supposedly) pink(ish) paint (Don't ask..) we got home and on opening the tins found a rather fetching shade of light green.

On taking them back we had an apology, full refund and the tins replaced free of charge.

I'm now planning to order a wrongly coloured bathroom suite...
    I think they jolly well ought to offer some sort of compensation and that seems a pretty good deal as well - after all you only had a short way to go back.

I believe Tesco used to do refund and replace, but they seem to have stopped it.

If it's a local store I don't mind too much, but when you have to travel any distance (and that was my nearest Homebase), petrol isn't exactly cheap nowadays.

I think they jolly well ought to offer some sort of compensation and that seems a pretty good deal as well - after all you only had a short way to go back.

I believe Tesco used to do refund and replace, but they seem to have stopped it.

If it's a local store I don't mind too much, but when you have to travel any distance (and that was my nearest Homebase), petrol isn't exactly cheap nowadays.
    Quite right!

I wasn't having a go: Like you I would have been more than annoyed if a store had managed to sell me short - especially if a long road trip was involved.

I was just delighted to end up with two tins of free paint for a two minute walk!

Trouble is that I live in a small town and there are certain items that I just can't get here in town at all. The 4 Nearest larger towns are between 15 and 25 miles away.

Food stores are really good here, with quite a few independents and we have several electrical stores and a plumbing store.
    With Woollies gone, there is only Tesco that do a small range of childrens clothes and toys.
    There is an old fashioned tailor and a lady's wear shop, but both are incredibly expensive.

The other store we could really do with is kitchen wear. We had a really good one, but it closed about 2 years ago and it's now a very good delicatessen shop.

Isn't it strange how localities can change!

Unlike you, I live within 7 miles of the centre of London, so every store is within a bus/tube ride away.

Thing is, we chose the Lea Valley area of East London as it was a quiet oasis with lots of nature reserves. Then they announced (in quick succession) the building of the Channel Tunnel Train Depot, Cross-link and the Olympic Village.

You should see it now – it’s like a war zone. So I kind of envy your (relative) isolation!

We bought some new garden furniture in Homebase today.
    Very large flat pack and we struggled getting it into the car.
    However, when we got home, there was a chair missing!
    Phoned the store and they said they would have it ready at customer services to collect. I went back on my own, it was ready for me and I just very casually said: "this is a 30 mile roundtrip for me, are you going to refund me for my petrol?" Was expecting a flat out No.
    However, she phoned the manager and asked - I got £20 back! - would have been happy with a fiver.
    £20 is that all? I would've said that it costs £20 to travel one way.
    Don't walk in front of me..I may not follow-don't walk behind me..I may not lead-just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET
    27hours 30minutes without sleep

Thread Information