eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Oh blast, darn, heck and pshaw! Google fees.

View Brunwulf's Feedback (+90)
    All-About Brunwulf
    View Brunwulf's Listings
    Forum Posts

No problem,

I just hope they reconsider the fees before May 5th

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo750 View Post
    No problem,

I just hope they reconsider the fees before May 5th
    Wouldnt that be nice? Actually, has anybody bothered to email them about it? I must admit I haven't, but I suppose one ought to really.

Forum Newbie
    View tecsic's Feedback (+6)
    All-About tecsic
    View tecsic's Listings
    Forum Posts

You know this has something to do with eBay. Google were probably told if they don't have the same or worse fees than PayPal, they will never be an accepted method of payment on eBay- this of course has yet to happen, but probably will in the near future once the fees kick in. This in return for no lawsuits which would drag both companies down! PayPal/eBay should be had up in front of the courts for anti-competition, like Microsoft was.

Thumbs down Feedback - Waste Of Time More Like ! !

Re my earlier post - I did complain. Received the following reply...

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We understand that you're disappointed with Google Checkout's new tiered fee structure and our decision to end the free transaction processing promotion.

These pricing changes are necessary in order for us to continue to enhance user features and functionality going forward. Please be assured that we're committed to helping you increase sales by driving more leads and higher conversions through the continued development of innovative Checkout features. We look forward to providing even more value to your business through upcoming product changes.

We greatly appreciate any feedback or suggestions on ways we can improve Google Checkout. Your comments provide us with valuable insights to help enhance our product, so please continue to send us your feedback.

They would say that though...

Also I've no idea what the free bit was ?/ Was that the 5p + 1.9% difference ??

I'm not sure how they will ""drive new business" when I stop using it

Canned answer if ever I heard it! We are raising prices because we want to. Sounds exciting though, the stuff about "even more value to your business" and "driving more leads". I thought it was just a checkout, now I realize that it is much much more!

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

What they are probably reffering to DeltaDelta is the fact that they are allied with the world's biggest search engine, with the obvious advertising potential which that brings for users.

Incidentally prepare for a probable price hike with moneybookers as well, they have moved to the darkside.

http://www.powersellersunite.com/vie...t=moneybookers
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

Forum Lurker
    View cruellady's Feedback (+42)
    All-About cruellady
    View cruellady's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deltadelta48 View Post
    Canned answer if ever I heard it! We are raising prices because we want to. Sounds exciting though, the stuff about "even more value to your business" and "driving more leads". I thought it was just a checkout, now I realize that it is much much more!
    lol deltadelta! Indeed, we are not worthy :: chuckles ::

I read this statement from Google as 'even more value to our business' and 'driving more leads to our site by making you use adwords to bump your rank ... with us'. Faugh!

Cru
    x

I'm sure the boardroom or back bar discussion ending with one firm having to take the other's on a nice yacht party.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deltadelta48 View Post
    That sounds spookily like FeeBay speak to me.

Angry Boooooogle

Now they say I have to put in a business URL or they will suspend my account...
    6 months after setting it up..

If I was paranoid I'd say it's because they didn't like my comments.

They are the ne big brother afterall

it really annoys me - especially after the negative stuff I previously got back about google checkout & google base elinking in the UK.

I just think that, like one or 2 other orgs out there they ar just that big that they don't really need to listen to customer opinions. They have bigger plans and they are just going to do them regardless...

Thread Information