Thread: Fraudulant seller please help

Forum Newbie
    View angi0's Feedback (+31)
    All-About angi0
    View angi0's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thumbs down Fraudulant seller please help

Hello
    I have been involved in an Auction with the following number 14619850 and have noticed the seller now has a line through his name and a negative feednack he has also changed his address on the listing I have paid 192.50 via pay pal is there anything I can do or do I need to contact the Police??

Please help this is a lot of money to lose I have also noted that the negative he has the rival bidder was also bdding on this item this must be fraudulent he wont answer any emails.. I have details of his registered address that was on the auction Origionally this was 16 Phillips Square Honiton Devon and was verified he has nopw changed ot to 16 heather close and is no longer verified..

Please help

Angie

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

I would start by contacting admin. Give them the details and ask the status of the seller. It is possible they have moved and changing the address has caused a mismatch with eBid's records and caused the strikethrough. Only eBid can tell you the reason for the strikethrough.

Have you tried contacting the seller? I admit that their only feedback being negative is a cause for concern but if the seller responds positively then those concerns may be eased.

If not then as you paid by PooPal you can instigate a transaction dispute. If the seller comes through then you can close the dispute. If not then there is a chance you can recover the money via PooPal.

If you funded the payment fully via a credit card (not debit card or PooPal balance) then you can initiate a chargeback against your credit card issuer - who share liability.

If all else fails then see: https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/csmco2/index.jsp
    Last edited by astral276; 2nd March 2009 at 11:12 PM.

Forum Newbie
    All-About angi0
    View angi0's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Fraudulent seller

Hello

thanks for that I have contacted Admin and been informed that the member has been suspended.. I opened a case dispute with pay pal and cannot esculate to a claim until the 6th March by which time I assume the money will be missing, Ebid have said if I dont get any response to let them know..

Luckily I did write the origional details that he gave on the auction and he is on the electoral roll at the first address that was verified I am going to take the Matter further as I cant afford to lose so much money..

After more searching we found he was also on another well known site and had further negative feedback just wish we had thought of that first..

Will let you know the outcome

angie

Default bad buyer

Key is Paypal. While you may not be able to file a claim (i.e. start a Paypal investigation of the problem) for 6 days, you should be able to have the payment frozen almost immediately. Paypal does have telephone number and the reps are surprisingly good at solving problems (despite feebay connection). Number I have is: 1-888-221-1161 4 am to 10 pm mon thru fri, 6 am to 8 pm Sat Sun.

Paypal has buyer protection plan, you might want to ask what you need to do to file for that if the money is indeed lost too.

Good luck!!

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deltadelta48 View Post
    Paypal has buyer protection plan, you might want to ask what you need to do to file for that if the money is indeed lost too.
    That only applies to purchase made off FeeBay - not from other places.

Forum Newbie
    All-About angi0
    View angi0's Listings
    Forum Posts

HI all

thanks for your help I have today received an email from E Bid that tells me everything I need to do but it is now going in the hands of the police so that ebid can release his details once they have contacted him..

I already fear the money will be gone but the principle is just not going to let me sit back on this one I wil do all I can to re coup the money as fraud has been committed

thanks

Angie

Paypal will work with you on this and you would be surprise how much better it is dealing with them instead of the *E support.

Best of Luck

View banrigh's Feedback (+2954)
    All-About banrigh
    View banrigh's Listings
    Forum Posts

PayPal does work independently of eBay. PayPal actually works better outside of eBay. If you used a charge card you can initiate a charge back.

Thread Information