eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What do you put in the package with the item you sell?

Because what I sell is for personal use and hardly likely to be a business expense I include a business card and I write a thank you by hand on the back of it. However I have been known to get so engrossed in wrapping and packing I can forget to do that
    "The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart" - Helen Keller
    My Store

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    I don't *hate* getting items with nothing in the package bar the item, but it does rankle. Since I'm often buying office equipment or books for reselling, I like a proper invoice with amount and date, please. I also enjoy getting some sort of little message, stamp, whatever when buying for personal use, or from somebody I know virtually from here.

oops

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

LOL that's another point... quite often if I'm confident that something will be perfectly fine it might take me a few days to even get around to opening a package! You could have got away with that one for a bit longer if you'd kept quiet.

Weston Super Mare, Somerset, United Kingdom
    View WorleGirl's Feedback (+929)
    All-About WorleGirl
    View WorleGirl's Listings
    Forum Posts

I started off with my own compliment slips listing the urls to all my stalls but they're just so long! Then the file went walkies, so I'm just using self-printed business cards stating "www.ebid.net" search username "BlossomTree" and I write my thanks on the back.
    Much easier for the customer to type in!
    Craft Clearout
    (Most new, some hardly used)

Handmade by Jenny
    (my hobby results in lovingly handmade items that need a new home!)

Music

View youmeus's Feedback (+203)
    All-About youmeus
    View youmeus's Listings
    Forum Posts

I include a hand-written slip with buyers name and address as well as mine and a thank you.

I try to put this inside a book with the sheet folded over the top. This is incase the packing gets damaged they still should be able to deliver the package.

View rokins_toys's Feedback (+770)
    All-About rokins_toys
    View rokins_toys's Listings
    Forum Posts

When sending out orders, I normally include a copy of the PayPal invoice and printed on the back of that, a nice polite notice letting them know that the postage costs they have paid is for both the stamp AND packaging materials supplied, with little note reminding them to leave us feedback out of courtesy too. I haven't really bothered much with fliers at the moment advertising other items, but I will be making some up explaining the special offers on action figures which is also on the listings too if the customer cares to take advantage of the offers.
    “Doing business without proper advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing but nobody else does and the girl doesn't even know you're winking at her either."

I have always enclosed a computer printed thank you note, which has our ebid details pre printed, and I hand finish with the buyers name, and a personal thank you with our signature at the bottom.
    I have now got business cards and free gifts that I send out with purchases.

For buyers on other sites, they get a pre printed thank you note, a couple of ebid promotional flyers, a business card (only has our ebid details on it) and an ebid promotional widget type gift.

For purchases I like to see some kind of note from the seller - otherwise its complete guesswork as to who sent it, and it looks so unprofessional and ungratifying if they can'[t be bothered to personally acknowledge the fact that you've spent money with them.

I am pleased to say however, that every purchase I have bought from ebid has always had a note of some kind in it. From my own experience, its the other side thats lacking - big time.
    Babz

Sewing Room Creations - for hand crafted gift ideas & doll accessories.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

A death threat for if they do not leave positive feedback. Hard but fair.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Why mess about? Booby trap the package and put a warning on the outside. Feedback or boom!

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    ..............must remember to open packages carefully

Thread Information