eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ALL Listings will be removed if questions aren't answered within 24 hours??

I agree that 24 hours is too short. I'm trying hard to be a seller here but sometimes my work takes me away for 2-3 days and I usually don't have internet access. The policy would be fine if I was selling fulltime online. (I wish) It would not be nice to have all my listings pulled after I've spent my own money and time promotng eBid.net

Tricky - when I am asleep people in other parts of the world are using ebid and when I am awake and online they could be asleep. A question and answer correspondence can take a while under those circumstances

View ttelyob's Feedback (+1495)
    All-About ttelyob
    View ttelyob's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by canuckbid View Post
    I agree that 24 hours is too short. I'm trying hard to be a seller here but sometimes my work takes me away for 2-3 days and I usually don't have internet access. The policy would be fine if I was selling fulltime online. (I wish) It would not be nice to have all my listings pulled after I've spent my own money and time promotng eBid.net
    If I know in advance I am going to be away for a couple of days {next weekend} I put a notice on my listings stating that, as far as I am concerned that should be enough to satisfy the 24 hours.
    But, sometimes I have to be away with no advance warning, so might be away with no way of anyone knowing.

I think common sense needs to come to the fore on this subject - if my listings were pulled for not answering in 24 hours, to say i would be annoyed is putting it very mildly. I certainly hope no-one gets their listing pulled for that reason.

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have asked questions before and not had an answer for days. On one occasion it was nearly 2 weeks!! As far as I could tell that didn't make any difference

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

As has been stated this topic has been thrashed to death before. The end result was that eBid management appeared unwilling to remove or modify the rule. They wished to keep it to use if the situation required it. They did however state that it would not be enforced against sellers of good reputation. So the simple fact that you hadn't answered as you had been away for a couple of days would not be used against you. If you hadn't answered because you were not servicing your listings on eBid then it could.

The previous debate did bring about the introduction of the Holiday Notice which could be used during periods of prolonged absence. While, as far as I am aware, it was never stated - it could be implied that placing a Holiday Notice would remove you from any requirement to answer questions while you were away (although they could still be asked).

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

I to have asked a couple of sellers some questions and didn't get a response for at least 4 days. Unfortunately, because of that, I moved on and purchased elsewhere. A loss to the other sellers who didn't respond in a timely manner. I think that 24hr rule is a scare tactic and is not enforced.

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

Like everyone else I think 24 hours is too short, I suspect that this rule is there so that the management can implement it if they see fit, but probably won't unless there are frequent breaches of it.

Using the notices section should negate it, if you have warned people but they don't bother reading the notice it is not your fault. But not all absences can be planned for, for instance the power cable on my laptop snapped on Christmas Eve, luckilly my brother was able to do a temp repair which lasted for a few days, but then it broke again. So the first absence was 5 days, then the next 3 before I got the replacement cable.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

I wouldn't worry too much about it OP as I still have a question that I asked a seller on the 26th December sitting on my ebid page and I had given it a nudge! No reply, and the seller's items are still on the site! Last time I bothered to actually report a question not being answered I was told that I hadn't given it long enough after three days so I left it and never did get my reply! Don't know if that seller is still here as I gave up and deleted it in the end.

Same thing happened to me. I asked a question, waited a couple of days, and nudged him. He responded, apologized, and his listing was still there. It was during the holiday season, so I wasn't upset. He has a lot of good feedback, so obviously eBid doesn't invoke this rule unless they have a problem seller.

I think that popup goes away after you have five positive feedbacks. It upset me when I started, too.

View terry5732's Feedback (+1374)
    All-About terry5732
    View terry5732's Listings
    Forum Posts

I responded to a question twice yesterday, and another twice today. Both STILL show that I haven't responded.

Thread Information