eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Seller can now BUY contact info of underbidders - since when?

Paying for contact information is just plain stupid. You have no guarantee that any underbidder is going to buy your unpurchased or non paid for item and in the case of a non paying bidder you can get your fees back from eBid and relist for nothing so why gamble and pay for information you don't need. You already have their eBid name and can PM them anyway. The offer to pay for the information on your underbidders is just a pure invitation to mischief IMHO. And I've already given you plenty of examples why.

Hudley....for my auction that sold for $20.50 the underbidders info was available for a cost of 40 cents and the 3 other underbidders at 30 cents each.

And Hanna.....perhaps you never read any other of my posts here. That's your problem, but then I don't spend hours and hours here chatting.....I'm too busy listing on multiple sites. And I will continue to call people's attention to things I see as a potential problem like this one is. Heck second chance offers and greed brought the most prosperous site in the history of the internet to it's knees and saw the rise of fraud to a level beyond belief. That site is a mere shadow of what it once was........and you think this isn't a problem?

Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View Huddylion's Feedback (+4843)
    All-About Huddylion
    View Huddylion's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rainbowseeker View Post
    Paying for contact information is just plain stupid. You have no guarantee that any underbidder is going to buy your unpurchased or non paid for item and in the case of a non paying bidder you can get your fees back from eBid and relist for nothing so why gamble and pay for information you don't need. You already have their eBid name and can PM them anyway. The offer to pay for the information on your underbidders is just a pure invitation to mischief IMHO. And I've already given you plenty of examples why.

Hudley....for my auction that sold for $20.50 the underbidders info was available for a cost of 40 cents and the 3 other underbidders at 30 cents each.

And Hanna.....perhaps you never read any other of my posts here. That's your problem, but then I don't spend hours and hours here chatting.....I'm too busy listing on multiple sites. And I will continue to call people's attention to things I see as a potential problem like this one is. Heck second chance offers and greed brought the most prosperous site in the history of the internet to it's knees and saw the rise of fraud to a level beyond belief. That site is a mere shadow of what it once was........and you think this isn't a problem?
    The names Huddy not hudley thanks
    And I didnt say I was going to sell to underbidders, just that I didnt realise you could.
    By the way the links on your website promoting feebay members who sell on ebid, non of them work LOL click on any item and it takes you to the front page of ebid not the item, not a lot of cop that, I wouldnt be happy if I had paid my $5
    My feedback of
    is 100% positive and has all been earnt here on Ebid

Sorry Huddy.... for getting your name wrong.......

By the way the links on your website promoting feebay members who sell on ebid, non of them work LOL click on any item and it takes you to the front page of ebid not the item, not a lot of cop that, I wouldnt be happy if I had paid my $5

That would be pheebay......which is a real website not related to the auction site.....a website that helps sellers and sites promote themselves. And the non-fuctioning problem would be because eBid's RSS feeds don't work anymore since they upgraded a few weeks ago. The website was built to use RSS feeds. And it was free.....I didn't buy it. You'd have to buy in now, but why would you? I left the link there because I had hopes they'd get the RSS problem straightened out soon, but judging by the time it takes to address any issue here I probably should just delete it. I was being overly optimistic and I see that now.
    Last edited by rainbowseeker; 12th January 2009 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rainbowseeker View Post
    for my auction that sold for $20.50 the underbidders info was available for a cost of 40 cents and the 3 other underbidders at 30 cents each.

Work this out if you could, $20.50 divide by 100 to get 1% x 2% for the fvf and you get the 40c (yes it should be 41c)

If you don't like a feature, don't use the feature. I don't as a rule like other sites features, so guess what I don't use them.

You have still given no real explanation as to why this is more unsafe than simply selling or buying on here.

I bid / buy an item then I get the sellers details. I sell an item my bidder / buyer gets my details.

If you don't want to buy the other bidder details, don't click on it, if you don't want a seller to see / buy your details simply don't take part in an auction or sale, that way the seller will not see or be able to buy your details.

Thread Information