Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newbie help please

Forum Newbie
    View jacobbaby's Feedback (+23)
    All-About jacobbaby
    View jacobbaby's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Newbie help please

Good Morning from Kentucky. Just gotten my 5 stores opened and am trying to add to them as fast as possible. If anyone has time, would they please do a critique of everything and let me know if anything is wrong or any other suggestions.
    I am a computer idiot, so please form any suggestions to idiot level.
    Also, are these many sellers from the US here?
    Thanks so much - off to my volunteer job and will be back later to hopefully find lots of tips and suggestions.
    jacobbaby

Okay we peeked a bit and it looks like you are doing a great job! I recommend photos for all your items, especially since you don't pay for the photo unless the item sells.

Best of all....

I LOVE the logo for this store: http://us.ebid.net/stores/Jacobbaby-Loves-Holidays

Hi and welcome Jacobbaby. Seems like you've got lots of stuff up already and it's looking good. If you were interested in joining the USA social group, click here to check it out. http://helpdesk.ebid.net/group.php?groupid=1

Forum Newbie
    View jacobbaby's Feedback (+23)
    All-About jacobbaby
    View jacobbaby's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thank you so much apenny for luck and summer dreams. The banners and signatures were a first for me - first few took me all day, I kept losing them...lol.
    Really want to start getting some clothes listed - I cannot move in this house, just a path. I downsized from a big house to the little summer house and boxes are stacked to the ceiling. Really hope to make this auction site a real competition.
    Love your baby items penny - now if a baby came with them, I would buy them all.
    Summersdream I will be checking out the social group.
    jacobbaby

View youmeus's Feedback (+203)
    All-About youmeus
    View youmeus's Listings
    Forum Posts

jacobbaby, welcome to eBid from another USA seller.

I looked at 3 of your listings, the descriptions are excellent, but there seemed to be a problem with the pictures. They were in the holiday store.

You mentioned Revolution Money, this is something I am not familiar with. Possibly you could give a little more info on here.

View pearlygirl555's Feedback (+203)
    All-About pearlygirl555
    View pearlygirl555's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Jacobbaby, welcome to ebid. Glad there is another computer-challenged person on here, I'm one as well!

In fact, in response to Linda's question, I am going to attempt to cut and paste a link here to another ebid thread where they have begin talking about Revolution Money...here goes....

http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread.php?t=115450

Did it work? Ah.....
    "You're a guest of nature.....so behave!"

Hi Jacobbaby, I'm in Florida. I too use Revolution Money. Glad to see another ebidder is using it. Your auctions look very nice. If you need help, give a holler.

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi jacobbaby,

Welcome to eBid and best of luck on your buying and/or selling.

I have looked at your stores and you have some lovely listings. I did notice though that you have several items listed '8 days> 1st bid'. I have made a few pointers below that I have learned. One thing I noticed on an auction I opened 'Native American Barbie Keepsake Ornament - MIMB' is that you have it listed as '8 days> 1st bid' but the auction is actualy 'fixed price' no reserve Buy Now and would sell immediately on a bid. Please note from the info below where it shows in a search and you might want to look at your options.

I see you have a 'seller +' account so you have no fees unless you make a sale or use some of the extras. That is an excellent choice.

1) Items show in search in this order (both in the Featured and Non Featured sections) --- Countdown (these are items you put on for a set amount of days and start them immediately), Run Until Sold and then On First Bid. To see what I mean you might search for --- Barbie --- and then see how far down the list you have to look before you find your listing 'Native American Barbie Keepsake Ornament - MIMB' that you have listed as '8 days> 1st bid' --- then look at how many are listed on countdown (as that is all that will probably be removed from the list except for the others that sell) --- you can see people are not going to be as apt to see yours as if it was on countdown because new countdown listings (including reposts) will always be going in front of yours.

2) When you use extras such as Feature, Frontpage, additional pictures, etc.there is a fee for them (even if it doesn't sell), ----- AND ----- if you REPOST them (manually or auto repost) the fee with be charged again every time they repost.

3) Items with 7 days or more left to run on the Google upload day AND have either a set price or Buy Now are uploaded to Google Products (uploads are done on the 3rd, 8th, 13th, 18th, 23rd and 28th, if I remember right).

I usually list my items to start immediately and run for no more than 10 days as this keeps them starting over enough to have them at the top of the search more often and still get uploaded to Google Products often. I have them auto repost for 10 times -- when I get the email telling me they have closed I go to 'My eBid' and under 'Selling' I click on 'unsold' then click on the 'All Repost' and on the 'All Delete' buttons at the top and then click on the 'Repost/Delete' button at the bottom and they will run another round for how you have originally listed them (for example 7 days and 10 auto reposts if that is what you had set them up for originally) and it will delete the old ones out of your 'unsold' at the same time. Be sure not to delete them before reposting if you want to repost them as there will be nothing left to repost. But you can do the repost and delete at the same time.

Blessings and Happy New Year,
    Peggy
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

My only criticism is the photos which seem to be of rather poor quality. I use a cheap digicam (6 megapixel) and google's own picasa photo utility to rotate, crop, add light etc then 'export' them to another folder... this makes the pictures much smaller file sizes meaning they upload so much quicker.
    Simply put the better the image the easier it is to see what you're buying

Thread Information