Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Promote your Store with Google Base

Forum Newbie
    All-About wizebid
    View wizebid's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Promote your Store with Google Base

Well, I remembered that the folks at eCrater recommended using Froogle or rather they have a feed to Froogle built into their site for all your listings there. BTW if you want a good list of how to promote your Store go to EC, log into your account as admin and look at the link, "promote store". Pretty good.

So I thought, why not try that from here. So I went and tried one listing in Google Product Search (new name for Froogle). Turned out to be a disaster. Not only is is nit picking setting it up, then after I got the listing ready I did a Preview and got error messages. Turns out the word "smoke" can not be used. And the word "bank" can not be used.

I had referred to the very nice coffee table size Remington Book I am selling as "coming from a smoke free home". something that buyers will certainly want to know. Google says that is bad, I can't do it. Same brillance with "bank". I mentioned that I would take money orders and bank cashier's checks in addition to Google Checkout. Bad, bad, can't say "bank".

So what is going on here is some more of Google's not dry behind the ears staff at work, making rules that show they have no clue about on line selling or any other kind of marketing, for that matter.

Based on this experience I think Google Base may not be a very good idea. Looks like the hassles will never end.
    My two cents.
    Bill

Yes I think half the dictionary is set for forbidden keywords there.

I had 20 of my listings on google base and found no diference with trafic for those items compared to items not in google base. Also it really does seem half the dictionary is prohibited words to google.
    I will be adding inventory daily so check back often. BARGAIN HUNTERS PARADISE
    http://us.ten.ebid.net/stores/Bargain-Hunters-Paradise

Thread Information