Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: sales drop off

View rokins_toys's Feedback (+770)
    All-About rokins_toys
    View rokins_toys's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sales will always drop off the closer you get to Christmas for online sales. There is a minority of sellers, who are not exactly quick a dispatching orders on auction sites, so that puts people off from buying online this close to Christmas because they're concerned they may not get the item in time. Most importantly, if you're buying an item online to then wrap, put in a box and send on to somewhere else, then buying online this close to Christmas as a buyer, you stand a good chance of that item not arriving in time for Christmas to where you have sent it on too.

I bought a DVD off HMV last night, and it said it dispatched in 48hours, so If it doesn't arrive Saturday, it will be Monday or Tuesday next week. Luckily, it's for myself so I will not be having to send it on via the post somewhere else.

My sales have dropped off this week, and I expected it. I might be lucky to get another few in before Monday next week, who knows. But I don't see anyone buying anything off me next week, because with how busy Royal Mail are right now, all their delivery times go out the window and they can't guarantee first class will arrive in time if you send something out on Saturday this weekend or on Monday. Will be cutting it very close.

Over the past week and a half, I sold about £100 worth of stuff, so I'm not concerned, not like I have any extortionate Greedbay Fees to pay at the end of this month haha!
    “Doing business without proper advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing but nobody else does and the girl doesn't even know you're winking at her either."

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think there must have been some last minute panicking going on today... every time I've thought I was ready to go to the post another sale popped up. Not on here, sorry to say.

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    I think there must have been some last minute panicking going on today... every time I've thought I was ready to go to the post another sale popped up. Not on here, sorry to say.
    Same with me. I've spent over £200 at the post office sending stuff off this past couple of weeks, but only 2 sales on here this month .
    Still, I've plenty of stock, so when the stampede starts, I'll be ready for it

Im sweating on something i ordered from HMV 7 days ago and still no delivery.

Thread Information