Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Has Ebay Finally Shot Itself In the Foot?

Have aread of this thread CrazyJay http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread....d=1#post844487 should point you in the right direction.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

View CrazyJay's Feedback (+149)
    All-About CrazyJay
    View CrazyJay's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks Ken.

I've thrown together a really quick banner which will do for a few days!

It doesn't seem to appear in my sig space though

For those who aren't fussy about filtering what I sell - Take a look at ALL my stuff above. - But for more specific listings, take a peek in the stores below.

TOY-PALLOI - For all sorts of traditional playthings!

THE PAPERBOYS PLEASURE - For Books & Magazines

OUT ON THE FLOOR - For Records - (mainly 1950's - 60's)

VIEWPOINT - Photographic Equipment

THE SCRAPYARD - Spare parts for old cars and bikes

Well I will be honest. We run auction format at Ebay and Ebid and a store on iOffer. Of those it goes most Sales Ebay, most hits and watches iOffer. Least site for our products is this one. We do use cross links for iOffer and Ebid in craiglsit postings, web crawlers etc. But nothing really moves on this site ore other all the revenue is comming through Ebay and so we watch the rules very closely. Eventually who know we send out offers on our purchases that can only be redeemed through here or the iOffer store and yet still no revenue at either of these at what is our buziest time of the year. Any suggestions? I don't like Ebay's new fee schedule and infact closed an account right down a year or so ago when it began but we are actually thinking about ponying up the money to restart a store over there again. If ebid wants to make the money from the listings they have they really have to make an effort to divert some ebay shoppers onto the site.

You could give us a link to your listings, have a look at this thread
    http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread....d=1#post844487
    Ken

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Forum Lurker
    View cruellady's Feedback (+42)
    All-About cruellady
    View cruellady's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Canacreations View Post
    Well I will be honest. We run auction format at Ebay and Ebid and a store on iOffer. Of those it goes most Sales Ebay, most hits and watches iOffer. Least site for our products is this one. We do use cross links for iOffer and Ebid in craiglsit postings, web crawlers etc. But nothing really moves on this site ore other all the revenue is comming through Ebay and so we watch the rules very closely ... If ebid wants to make the money from the listings they have they really have to make an effort to divert some ebay shoppers onto the site.
    I agree here up to a point - with the current difficult climate, one has to go with the maximum hits, because one has to make a living!

However, I think eBid is perhaps busier over here in the UK atm, as there's customer resistance to sites that are perceived as very US-centric, like iOffer and so forth - Brits don't want to order from the US and get their Xmas presents in January. Also, in the US, there are quite a few alternatives to the Other Place, so the client volume on eBid is diluted somewhat.

I guess it's just a case of tailoring one's cloth!

Cru
    x

Forum Lurker
    View cruellady's Feedback (+42)
    All-About cruellady
    View cruellady's Listings
    Forum Posts

Oops, forgot what I logged on for! Some real figures:
    http://www.alleyinsider.com/2008/11/...fic-plummeting

Balanced analysis, but the fact is that given the purse-squeeze, traffic to this site should be burgeoning, not dropping, n'est pas?

All good news for us eBid gerbils!
    Cru
    x

Interesting set of comments
    Ken

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Forum Diehard
    View baconsdozen's Feedback (+711)
    All-About baconsdozen
    View baconsdozen's Listings
    Forum Posts

I made the big mistake of going back on ebay a few days ago and to clear some old shop stock of tools and stuff started some 99p reserve auctions.Even with ebay just a shadow of itself I would have expected afew sakles and a few quid.All I got was the first auctions finishing at 99p and the rest with a few watchers and no bidders,I have now closed all the auctions.
    For the second week I can remember my Ebid sales have beaten my sales on doomedbay.I knew things were bad on there but thought the tales were exaggerated but on this showing it looks as though its all over apart from the shouting.

I put just 4 items on there, 2 for 10 days, and 2 x BINs.

1 x BIN sold - the rest didn't - I was surprised, as my prices were lower than others the same, and my listings had more details.

Happy to be back here - I may not sell stuff fast, but I'm not having to make a living from it, and my stores are not costing me one red cent!!!
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

Smile Considering a permanent move to ebid...

hi all -- really like the site and am completely burnt out on ebay -- just not a good place for folks like me who sell lower numbers of higher cost items -- I sell vintage toys, golden age comics, and other collectibles usually in the $100 to $150 range each -- maybe 30 to 50 a year -- most would consider what I sell "investment grade," I guess -- I am courious about how your business is going? are you selling well? is the support strong? good hits on your product? is the collectibles marketplace on ebid, specifically, strong? does ebid plan to make a serious run at ebay, so I can hope for additional promotion via their efforts? I am not an ebay spy! haha! thanks everyone! very impressed with what all of you are doing...

Thread Information