Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Payment Issue - Please Advise (Somewhat Urgent)

Question Payment Issue - Please Advise (Somewhat Urgent)

I just made a sale and I include shipping in the price so there are so shipping fees. However, when the purchaser went to pay, there was suddenly a $35.00 shipping fee included. ???

Buyer sent me this:

I purchased a package of 10 for $290.00 from E-Bid.

When I used the pay now with PayPal, it added $35.00 for shipping. So
    ...I have not paid yet.

Here is that amount on the Paypal Bill:

$290.00 1 $290.00
    Add special instructions to merchant Item total: $290.00

Shipping and handling: $35.00

Total: $325.00 USD

----

I had not invoiced the buyer; s/he used the pay now button. I went into my account, pulled up the purchase, and clicked on "send invoice". On my end, it did not show the $35.00 fee, so I sent the invoice.

Can anyone help me understand why the $35.00 shipping was suddenly on the invoice? Are all my customers going to receive this if they click "pay now" before I send an invoice?

Yeh, yeh, yeh. This was is a PayPal transaction. But I, for one, have never had a problem with PayPal (sans their fees).

Any ideas, help?

Thank you!,
    -Sabrina

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi, I don't use PP myself, so can't give you advice on how to rectify it; but PP are aligned to the postage rules on the dark-side. Hopefully my post will keep this bumped so that some-one else can explain a work around.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Have you got paypal set up to work with an independent store - with shipping costs set there? I think I've seen people have problems with that set up over-ruling their ebid information.

Hello Lofty:

Thank you for your reply. PP has never been a problem for me (sans their fees) but I do know many people who have had problems with it. =\

Hello ByKimbo:

No, I do not have PayPal set up to work with an independent store, so this can't be the issue. =\

I had a previous sale that went through PayPal and that was no problem. Maybe just a glitch of some sort today? *sigh*

I just got set up with Google Checkout as well and now have that option; though, from reading the Google Checkout forums, I must say I'm a bit nervous. Seem to be myriad people quite unhappy with that service as well.

Thank you both very much for your input. Hopefully this will be only a one time event. = )

Creator blest,
    - Sabrina

Try sending an invoice with the shipping discount set to 100% if you don't want to charge shipping.

This should stop shipping from being added at paypals end.

Hello Raindropsies2:

Thank you so much for your suggestion. I will try that with the next transaction. For this one I ended up creating an invoice direct from the PayPal systems. That worked. Upon receipt of payment, I then went into my eBid account marked the item as paid.

Gosh, I feel so bad for this customer because this a very loyal client from feeBay and this was her first order with me via eBid. =\

I think I recognize your name from another online auction site. =p Is that you? =p

Again, thank you kindly for your suggestion.

Creator blest,
    - Sabrina

Forum Newbie
    View RJKStuff's Feedback (+3)
    All-About RJKStuff
    View RJKStuff's Listings
    Forum Posts

did you contact PP at all with this situation ? could this shipping chg have been generated from your default settings. btw, have had several orders paid thru google, no problems at all, maybe I'm just lucky. but then again there are always "situations" with some payment
    providers.

Thread Information