eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My turn to vent some major anger

Glasgow, South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View ejean9's Feedback (+946)
    All-About ejean9
    View ejean9's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thats horrible Patti...i would always give right of way to a funeral..after all people are suffering....some people will do anything to save a few minutes travel time..makes you sick..

Quote Originally Posted by kengillam View Post
    I can understand the feelings, but also think about a driver coming up behind a queue of 50 cars all going slowly with no-one making an effort to overtake. You can understand the desire to get past, they are not aware of what is at the front of the queue and also what distance they may have to travel behind it. Is a 50 car convoy being reasonable to other road users.
    It wasn't the people coming up from behind that were the problem. It was on the side roads trying to bully their way through, even when they had the stop signs. They clearly saw the hearse and limos go past first, and here, everyone has the flashers on, and that is only done for a funeral. Plus, some of this was on multi-laned roads, they could pass, they didn't have to weave in and out of the procession. And we were usually near the speed limit. People here like to drive at least 15mph over the speed limit even on side streets with kids playing, but thats a whole nuther rant.
    Stop by and browse around. New items added to all stores almost daily.

Glasgow, South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View ejean9's Feedback (+946)
    All-About ejean9
    View ejean9's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by patticakebbq View Post
    It wasn't the people coming up from behind that were the problem. It was on the side roads trying to bully their way through, even when they had the stop signs. They clearly saw the hearse and limos go past first, and here, everyone has the flashers on, and that is only done for a funeral. Plus, some of this was on multi-laned roads, they could pass, they didn't have to weave in and out of the procession. And we were usually near the speed limit. People here like to drive at least 15mph over the speed limit even on side streets with kids playing, but thats a whole nuther rant.
    horrible selfish uncaring people...they would not like it if it was done to someone they cared about...respect costs nothing...

If it was a multilane highway then no excuse also the sideroads.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Most roads here are multi-laned. Basically only the side streets are single laned.
    Stop by and browse around. New items added to all stores almost daily.

Most of our roads are multi potholes
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Sorry to hear of your loss.

Times are really changing...everybody in a hurry, no patience, no respect, no honour, poor judgement and too often...no brains! It is soooo rude and disrespectful to interrupt a funeral procession, last I was aware, they have the right of way in America. What happened to the motorcycle cops that go ahead and stop people at intersections? Not a priority anymore to help the citizenry in this most basic way?

Good for the UPS guy, at least there is some hope!

Sorry about your loss.
    The last couple of funerals that I have been to (my brother in law and my sister in law) we were provided with black flags to be attached to our cars.
    These were great as everyone could see them and nobody overtook the convoy.

Sorry to hear of the loss of a friend. I know all about ignorant drivers. Maybe they should plan funerals differently nowadays? Charter a bus to take everyone from the church or parlour to the graveside to pay their last respects. Then take them back where everyone can get in their own vehicles and go their own way. The funeral parlours could easily arrange this I think. (They charge enough when someone dies and arrange the burial) Especially in a large city where they are available. Usually in smaller communities you would not have the problem and people would let the funeral procession pass. It's just a thought. The world is a changing place. Sometimes we have to come up with new solutions. I would think in a large city there is alot of funerals everyday. It's a matter of numbers. Again sorry to hear of you loss and I mean no disrespect.

Forum Lurker
    View cruellady's Feedback (+42)
    All-About cruellady
    View cruellady's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ejean9 View Post
    horrible selfish uncaring people...they would not like it if it was done to someone they cared about...respect costs nothing...
    Yes, I suspect a lot of these folk are so up themselves, even if they have lost folk, it hasn't affected them for more than a couple of hours! The UPS man should be commended for his courtesy - manners, not love, make the world go round.

Here in Edinburgh, the only hearses to pass through the city centre tend to be horse drawn, and then the horn honkers have to sit on their hands, for fear of spooking the horses and getting a hoof-shaped dent in their precious bonnets. For me, that's the way to go - black horses with nodding plumes, a huge tail of limos with weeping relatives, and a gospel/jazz choir. And afterwards, a full Irish-style wake, with masses of drink, a piano, and breakable furniture for the fight later.

Anyway, I'd better get back to my listing, or I'll never be able to afford it ...

Cru
    x

Thread Information