Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help in selling

Question Help in selling

Morning folks, newbie here wondering if anyone can help my lack of sales :-(
    I have set up a store, I have 3 payment options, PPPay.com, PayPal & Google Checkout. My prices are lower than my eBay prices to attract customers, I just haven't sold a single item in a month :-(

I've had plenty of people looking at my articles, just no sales. What am I doing wrong, what am I not doing, how can I get sales? I also list the same articles in eBay and get sales so I know the goods sell. (Funnily enough I also have a CQout account and have had no sales there either for a month...!)

Some helpful hints, pointers, etc, would be great, thanks.
    Regards,
    Rob

http://uk.nine.ebid.net/perl/main.cg...ource-Software

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi r1bby. You might get some ideas from here: http://www.bykimbo.com/ebid/help/index.htm#widget - it's by no means comprehensive, but pulls together some ideas that crop up regularly in the forums.

Can I also point out that we avoid using the real name of feebay? It's not just a joke, it avoids pulling in avdertising for them. (Longer explanation on my site!)

And finally... hello Hemel Hempstead, land of my birth.

Also I forgot to add, I'm going on holiday next week, what is the best practice for my store, cancel all the for sale goods for a week and set them back up again when I get back? Or is there another way?

Obviously I don't want to incur a £35 charge for not replying my emails, nor do I want to be putting off any potential buyers with a poor service of a weeks delay, so any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Nr. Bradford, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View e_nviable's Feedback (+584)
    All-About e_nviable
    View e_nviable's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello Rob

You have the option in your 'My eBid' under 'My Notices' to leave a message on your auctions explaining that you're not going to be available. That will avoid the fine if you have emails whilst you're away (presumably, even if your buyer hasn't read it !)

I was away for 2 weeks a short while ago but decided to close my auctions for that period. It's very easy to restart them on your return

Have a lovely break and good luck with your auctions.

e

Forum Lurker
    View RATLINTOEZ's Feedback (+38)
    All-About RATLINTOEZ
    View RATLINTOEZ's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi r1bby
    Not sure if i can help, but i can sure sympathise.
    I've had no sales since coming over neither. I to am charging
    a lot less than i did on the other side, have had a lot of lookers
    but no sales.My feedback is zero even though I've bought thru this site,
    to try & increase it,And i will not go grovelling for feedback if it is not left!

I'm going away for a long week-end next week-end, so i will give it some
    serious thought,however as i look down columns of Red Crosses,my feeling
    at the moment is,Do i go back over to other side with my tail between my legs
    or stay put?.While i will be the first to admit that this site is a lot, lot, more friendlier than the other site, At the end of the day i joined this site in order to sell.

And sell is what i did on the other site.On average about 10 sales a week, averaged in sale about £20.00, nothing fantastic,but it was saved for Xmas etc.While i am aware of the credit crunch, you won't see kids walking around with no shoes on will you? And when i was in the biggest Tesco's in the country yesterday,there seemed no sign of credit crunching going on at the 60+ tills!

So like i said r1bby no help but plenty sympathy.

Ian.

Thanks for all your replies, I have purchased an item from eBid to hopefully provide some trust to potential punters, (Ratlintoez, I do go chasing for feedback, there's no harm in asking / reminding people to leave appropriate feedback, after all, auction sites such as this are built on trust). I always leave feedback soon as the goods have been purchased (rather than wait for them to leave feedback first) and find I'm often sending email reminders to people, just word it politely and positively and you'll get a good response. I've also set up a repatoo account to provide people with my feedback responses for all my auction sites, which seems like a great idea.

Bykimbo's link has provided some good food for thought, I will update my contact page with more information, to help further provide trust to potential punters.

And I will close my auctions and reopen them once I'm back, it's better for everyone, especially as I'm trying to start here I don't want to provide a bad experience from the offset.

Hopefully this will provide confidence for potential buyers, especially as the goods I sell are £1.98 inc P&P, I'll keep you all posted in what it took to get the sales rolling in, as I'm sure other people will need the help like myself.
    Regards,
    Rob

I have sold 2 things in my 5 months here, but others sell much better. Just depends on what you have and what people are looking for.

Also, people will probably stop buying for a while until the credit crisis dies down. Dont worry, just hang in there!

Cool same boat here..............

Quote Originally Posted by waterlily View Post
    I have sold 2 things in my 5 months here, but others sell much better. Just depends on what you have and what people are looking for.

Also, people will probably stop buying for a while until the credit crisis dies down. Dont worry, just hang in there!
    I am experiencing the same thing. Have lots of lookers and sold one thing. Hopefully that will give me feedback.....Just stay positive!

Can anyone tell me if I mention ebid on my ABOUT ME page on FEEBAy, will I get shut down?? (on feebay)
    Someone recommended that I let my customers know where else I am selling, but I am reluctant for fear of getting kicked out and I have good feedback there. I have a few items selling there, but none here and I need the sales where ever I can get them.
    A FUN PLACE TO BE THAT DOESN'T COST ALOT!
    God Winks!

Fun & Unique!!

Plus Much More.............

Forum Newbie
    All-About peanutlady
    View peanutlady's Listings
    Forum Posts

Question Can't find my auction

I put up for auction last night a very old soap saver. It was accepted, but today I can't find it. I entered it in collectbles as kitchenalia--other. I wish there was a category for kitchen utensils. But right now, I would really like to find where my auction is located. I am a newbie here so am having a little difficulty finding my around. Any help would be appreciated.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

According to your "about me" page you don't have anything listed. Is it possible you broke the rules in some way, inadvertently, and the listing was pulled? Live links to another selling site, for example?

Thread Information