Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Saturday Night again what is everyone doing

View BARJOYS's Feedback (+1566)
    All-About BARJOYS
    View BARJOYS's Listings
    Forum Posts

i HAVE just come back from a french Duck Do
    https://stores.ebid.net/essex-hospitality-supplies

Hospitality Supplies from Toiletries to Bedroom accessories all aim to help keep your customers coming back again and again

On returning home with mother in law tonight, the car I was following braked and swerved to avoid some debris in the road, it was a Bass speaker box, I then saw out of the corner of my eye a car on it's side in the hedge facing the wrong way. I stopped and set the hazards going and legged it back to the car, there was young lady sitting on the top of the wreck, the side of the car, obviously having clambered out, the driver just appeared between it and the hedge both occupants were miraculously unharmed, though the female was hysterical and I had some trouble coaxing her from off the top of car, as there was a strong smell of petrol and I wondered if it was going to catch fire. She took a lot of calming down. By this time some other vehicles had stopped to help, though the car was well off the road and there were thankfully no injuries to deal with. The driver just said the car skidded away from him, I don't know what speed he was doing but it just reminds us that we all need to drive within our limits, the consequences if we don't may be fatal. I was just thankful they both survived what must have been a frightening experience. It was on the A27 near Shoreham, so a busy road, so how nothing else was involved was staggering.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Forum Lurker
    View cruellady's Feedback (+42)
    All-About cruellady
    View cruellady's Listings
    Forum Posts

Strewth, Ken, sounds like an episode of CSI! Glad you're ok - must've been a bit of a shock, 'though.

Cru
    x

Good for you Ken. They were lucky you spotted them. Reminds me of a time I had a kid come running out of the night straight in front of me. I nearly hit him getting stopped. He had been travelling with his dad and they hit a moose. The car and moose both went into the bush and you couldn't see them because of the underbrush, rain and dark ( like inside of a cow dark). His dad was knocked out and had blood all over his face. The moose was still alive under the car. I was able to get out on a phone and get help. The mounties came out and had to shoot the moose. Ambulance crew got his dad out. He had a broken neck so I was glad I never tried moving him. Felt sorry for both parties involved. One brave young lad to jump out in front of a semi at full speed in the night. I would never have seen them other wise in the rain and dark though. He saved his dad's life getting me stopped. I've had a few more interesting encounters with all my driving but I'll need to write a book to list them all. You're our forum hero tonight. Good job.

Hayling Island, Hampshire, United Kingdom
    View Fossy's Feedback (+826)
    All-About Fossy
    View Fossy's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder1942 View Post
    .I read about 8 books a week.
    Lucky if I manage 8 a year......
    Chris
    (The sex & drugs have gone, but the rock 'n roll lives on)

Listen to Fossy on the Mojo Fingers Blues Show - Every weekday from 7 till 8pm

If Harmonica players don't blow - they suck.

Thread Information