Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A YDC question.

Default A YDC question.

As we already know the YDC is a great way for new members to test the waters and list for the first time. It gives them a chance to see how listing on eBid works and if they get stuck there are plenty of fellow YDCer's around willing to help and hold their hand through the process. The YDC is also a good way to gain some feedback and get off the dreaded zero mark too. And of course all this is done while raising funds for a good cause and doing our little bit to help others or make the world a slightly better place in our own way.

But...

I was wondering if anyone has found that listing in the YDC has helped their sales of their normal auctions?. Do you find that during the YDC week that you get more views of your normal auctions?, if so, do those views convert to sales?. Or have you had someone buy one of your YDC items and then buy one of your normal items at a later date?.

I know that we all do the YDC for charity/good causes reasons and for a laugh on the forums, but I was just wondering if we could encourage more folk to take part in the YDC by pointing out the advantages to their normal auctions if there are any.

I've always advised new members to list in the YDC first to gain that bit of experience and to see how listing works here, and also to gain some seller feedback. It would be nice if we could advice sellers who have been here for some time and hit a baron patch to give YDC a go and maybe kick start their sales again, but that obviously depends if listing in the YDC actually does help with other sales or not.....which is why I asked.

Erm?, did that make sense?.....I think it did.

I think that pushing the YDC could help eBid in a "You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours" kind of way. I think that the YDC should get a special mention on the front page, it's been going a few years and has helped new members get going many times. If eBid helped to push the YDC then YDCer's could help push eBid by using the YDC as a way of getting new folk to the site. That way the YDC would gain, eBid would gain, the charities would gain, and new members and existing members would gain. Sounds like a plan to me.
    Yorkie

My FaceBook page.
    My Twitter page.
    My YouTube channel.

Mention eBid if you add me on FaceBook or Twitter so I know where you are from.

It is Yorkie, since I've come back to Ebid, I have sold 1 item other than the YDC's and, it was after last months auctions. so yes I think it will help in the long term.

I have a new banner showing, go on click the pic take a look, you know you want to.
    And I've finally listed more things!!!

New Stores
    Click to see Akitas Books and all Things Readable

Akita's for Allsorts
    open for business

I have the same ID on the other site, please feel free to check out my feedback there.

UK Auction Help - Fair Trader Scheme

Click here to join or upgrade

View shezz's Feedback (+360)
    All-About shezz
    View shezz's Listings
    Forum Posts

Frank you know as well as everyone on here how long the YDC has been going, and i know the boys have looked in on the YDC, I remember the bidding war with hypno and YDC on that scroll we done.

We get some good months on the YDC especially when we get an influx on new members over, but then they all go again then number of YDC drops again untill the next flux of newbies come over, as so forth

It is the same all the time, they come and then they go.

The boys must monitor the performance on ebid, and imo do realise that the YDC does get quite abit of attention from members, bu these members consist of members of the forum, how many can actually say that bids on there items are from non members of the froum

Bidding wars are from the members of the forum

99% of items are put on from members of the forum

But in all honesty there are thousands members that dont come into the forum, that dont know anything at all about the YDC, maybe a bit of advertising on the front page to us would be brilliant, but think to manangement, it is just a small part of ebid when there biggest revenue would come from the thousands that dont come in here.

Don't get me wrong i'm not putting the YDC or ebid down

Just facing facts

ebid need to advertise ebid in a big way,
    Life is serious but taking it too seriously robs you of
    happiness, fun and productivity

Yorkie,
    Personally I don't notice a change in my sales during YDC week, but then what I list for the YDC is completely different from my normal listings.

However, I have bought other items from YDC'ers on several occasions, because I ended up looking at their other listings as a result of their YDC listings.

Shezz, since I've been doing the YDC (only about 6 months) I've generally listed about 4 items a month - just one of them went to a non forum member.

Quote Originally Posted by shezz View Post
    Frank you know as well as everyone on here how long the YDC has been going, and i know the boys have looked in on the YDC, I remember the bidding war with hypno and YDC on that scroll we done.

We get some good months on the YDC especially when we get an influx on new members over, but then they all go again then number of YDC drops again untill the next flux of newbies come over, as so forth

It is the same all the time, they come and then they go.

The boys must monitor the performance on ebid, and imo do realise that the YDC does get quite abit of attention from members, bu these members consist of members of the forum, how many can actually say that bids on there items are from non members of the froum

Bidding wars are from the members of the forum

99% of items are put on from members of the forum

But in all honesty there are thousands members that dont come into the forum, that dont know anything at all about the YDC, maybe a bit of advertising on the front page to us would be brilliant, but think to manangement, it is just a small part of ebid when there biggest revenue would come from the thousands that dont come in here.

Don't get me wrong i'm not putting the YDC or ebid down

Just facing facts

ebid need to advertise ebid in a big way,
    Ayup Shezz,

Yeah I agree with all you said above, especially about eBid advertising more.

My thoughts are that if eBid stuck something on the front page relating to the YDC it would bring in some of those folk who don't use the forums. Sticking a small link or YDC button on the front page won't cost eBid anything and it's not creating any more work for them. They don't stand to lose anything but they could gain from it if the idea worked.
    Yorkie

My FaceBook page.
    My Twitter page.
    My YouTube channel.

Quote Originally Posted by mainlypostcards View Post
    However, I have bought other items from YDC'ers on several occasions, because I ended up looking at their other listings as a result of their YDC listings.
    I have done that too, which is why I wondered if anyone found that their sales increased during YDC week.
    Yorkie

My FaceBook page.
    My Twitter page.
    My YouTube channel.

forgive me if I appear thick but what is ydc? Seemed to have missed the blatently obvious I expect.....

Quote Originally Posted by sparkdeco View Post
    forgive me if I appear thick but what is ydc? Seemed to have missed the blatently obvious I expect.....
    See the links at the bottom of the OP in this sticky thread lass.
    Yorkie

My FaceBook page.
    My Twitter page.
    My YouTube channel.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkdeco View Post
    Monthly charity auctions organized by members of the forums. See this thread: http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread.php?t=112750

thanks for the enlightenment! Must try harder.....

Thread Information