eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What to do if seller is unwilling to leave feedback?

Default What to do if seller is unwilling to leave feedback?

Hi all, as so many I have migrated from feebay to here and as we all know all beginning is difficult. So I thought that I buy some stuff from eBid just to get some feedback points together, as I can not take my feedback with me from feebay (well, at least I am not aware of it).
    I paid for my item straight away, but had to wait for nearly a week for it to arrive via first class mail. Still, the item is fine and I left positive feedback but the seller is either unwilling to leave feedback or is just plain ignorant.
    He is also relatively new to eBid so I thought it may just have slipped his mind, but still after several reminders there is no feedback. This is now over a month ago.
    Is this usual practice here and is there any way of getting the buyer the nudge to leave me my appropriate feedback.
    The reason why I am asking is that it seems that people with higher feedback seem to have a better turnover where people with no feedback have no sales at all (or at least for a very long time) and I really want to step fully away from feebay (in particular now with their new payment structure).
    Any hepl would be greatly appreciated.

Chester - Le - Street, Durham, United Kingdom
    View Armstrongs's Feedback (+1436)
    All-About Armstrongs
    View Armstrongs's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi BB

You can buy off me if you like....an i'll leave u some crackin feedback as soon as you've paid

only kiddin lol

Tis just one of the hazards of online selling methinks, some u win, some u lose

Yvonne x

Look here for Crafty Bits

Find the Beamish Bazaar here!

I'M A YDC SUPPORTER!
    Find eBid's monthly charity auctions HERE on the 24th!

Forum Saint
    View penny291's Feedback (+1190)
    All-About penny291
    View penny291's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am sorry to hear seller has noy left feedback, that happened to me on the other side and eventually I emailed the power seller asking them why they had not bothered to leave feedback and if they could'nt be bothered to do that then they obviously did'nt want me as a buyer, feedback was left the same day and yes I did buy from them again

Forum Saint
    View papagran40's Feedback (+261)
    All-About papagran40
    View papagran40's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello BB , it is one of the sad bits on any site .... all I can say is we do not sell or buy feedback....but it is very annoying when you are trying your best to get some kind of rating built up....we can only hope the next seller or purchaser does leave honest feedback....but bear in mind , the sale or purchase is the important part of the auction....best of luck for the next time.....Papa.

Q: What to do if seller is unwilling to leave feedback?
    A: Don't worry about it, move on.
    Why use QWERTY? Get Broadband for your Fingers with Dvorak SKL!

Interesting comments...

What I would like to know is how long do you have to wait to get *any* acknowledgement from a seller?

I too am trying to get a feedback rating established after the end of an era on greedbay

Ive ordered a couple of things and some of the sellers have been great - I explained that I was new and needed help along the way and got good support. However, I won a "1p" auction, and emailed the seller immediately to say that I wanted to pay immediately, or even to request an invoice, but there is no option in my AAL drop down.

2 days on and as yet, I still havent heard anything. I dont want the item, just the feedback, but I was of the understanding that you are supposed to answer questions within 48 hours - have I misunderstood this?

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks

Jan
    Last edited by phanmale; 26th August 2008 at 06:51 PM.

"I dont want the item, just the feedback,"

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

We all have to remember that feedback is optional.

Having said that, I give feedback as soon as a buyer has paid, I also leave feedback as soon as I have received an item I brought.

This method that I use works really well, newbies seem to see that they get feedback straight away after paying.

I am mostly a seller, although I do but a few items, and as a seller point of view I treat buyers the way I would like to be treated as a buyer, hence the instant feedback when the buyer has paid for the item. After all, what else is the buyers responsibility in the transaction? Most of the time a buyers responsibility is to buy the item and just pay for the item. Feedback is nice to receive from the buyer yes, but it's optional and not part of the transaction in my opinion as a buyer point of view, its optional.

So if you want to get a 100 feedback score quickly, just buy 100 items from me and pay for the goods, I will then leave instant feedback on receipt of payment

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by phanmale View Post
    Interesting comments...

What I would like to know is how long do you have to wait to get *any* acknowledgement from a seller?

2 days on and as yet, I still havent heard anything. I dont want the item, just the feedback, but I was of the understanding that you are supposed to answer questions within 48 hours - have I misunderstood this?

Jan
    I just read that back, and in the light of day my " I dont want the item, just the feedback" does sound pretty cack

Think of it as one of them foot and mouth outbreaks - Id take it back if I could. My point was that the item was 1p. I dont want to pester the seller for a 1 pence item, but in the same breath I dont want it looking like Ive got outstanding bids on my account.

I have emailed them twice through AAL and also through their personal email and *still* no response. I cant leave feedback because there is nothing to leave feedback for. Will this transaction eventually drop off? Seems a bit dumb to bother listing in the first place if you dont want to sell - and as regards the feedback, I am new and paying for a 1p item that neither buyer nor seller could give 2 monkeys about seemed like a good way of getting your ratings up - I now know different.

So.. for all those newbies out there that think they are doing something for themselves, dont bother and wait for someone to criticise your actions and make you feel 2 inches tall.

I shall climb down off my soap box now.

Thread Information