Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results: Should bids show in the SEARCH results for an item?

Voters
225. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

205 91.11%
  • NO

5 2.22%
  • MAYBE

3 1.33%
  • DO NOT CARE

12 5.33%
Page 16 of 37 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: More VISIBILITY for BIDDING activity

The blinking red r makes it look like sellers are setting reserves on everything. And if blinking is a no no.....reserves for auction items are also a big NO NO....and the kiss of death. Many buyers won't even click on your item to view it. So IMHO ..... get rid of the box with the R in it all together! If you must do anything then change the color of the sale price from black to green or just get rid of the quanity column and make it a bid column instead and be like other auction sites. In this case being the same as others is certainly a good and understanding thing for buyers. This site should be willing to comply with some general expectations most buyers are going to be expecting to see on an auction site. One of those things is THE BIDS in some recognizable form like they see them everywhere else....and please don't make it look like every auction being run here has a RESERVE, because it does NOT! Just my two cents....

Bumping.....please vote and leave a comment if you haven't already. Thanks!

Strictly on the better visibility of bids made I vote "Yes".

On the side issue about the blinking "R" I see this as pointless. Icons should be used when something merits highlighting out of the ordinary. If every listing has the same icon beside it then it becomes valueless and simply clutters the screen and uses a few bytes of bandwidth for no purpose (or possibly even act as a negative due to its colour as others have said).

JMHO

EBid is to be congradulated for winning the prestigious GOLD AWARD from Web User. Read a whole article about this award here:
    http://pheebay.com/1/?PTFGB

You will note that Web User found only a few things at fault on eBid. One of the things listed that they did not like is:
    Poor visibility/unclear site icons

This is exactly what this thread is about. Please could we get this fixed sooner now Mark and Gazza? It would be a big plus if this site moved quickly to fix this problem of hidden bids and misleading icons now when lots of new people will be looking in on this bragged about and recommended site.

I just last week got you a plug for eBid in AntiqueWeek.com......it would be really wonderful if people coming from these two public news articles would find a major problem fixed before they get here. Pretty please?????

100 votes! 2/3rds of the way there...... Please keep voting!

Quote Originally Posted by rainbowseeker View Post
    EBid is to be congradulated for winning the prestigious GOLD AWARD from Web User. Read a whole article about this award here:
    http://pheebay.com/1/?PTFGB

You will note that Web User found only a few things at fault on eBid. One of the things listed that they did not like is:

This is exactly what this thread is about. Please could we get this fixed sooner now Mark and Gazza? ...
    Not an icecube in Hell's chance, even.

You see, Mark and Gazza have a very strong Not Invented Here syndrome. Unless you can convince them that they thought of it themselves, they're far too proud to make any such change.

OK, prove me wrong!
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

NIH seems to be a universal problem. I think it's a bit strong to accuse The Powers That Be here of suffering from that particular syndrome more than others.

They do at least, it seems to me, listen to the members here, and in most cases are fast to act to correct issues, which is more than you can say for most organisations.

I am puzzled why the issues we've collectively raised here do not seem to be attracting the same kind of attention. Although, it's entirely possible that they are being addressed.

A maxim I've learnt with regard to usability is that you should never be in a hurry to make changes.
    Why use QWERTY? Get Broadband for your Fingers with Dvorak SKL!

Quote Originally Posted by rainbowseeker View Post
    Hello....I couldn't find a recent thread specifically for this so I am starting a new one and I hope that is okay? And I think I am in the right place too...hopefully....

I have had a store here for about a year. I let it drop, but just reopened it about a month ago because of the many positive changes here. The RSS feeds ROCK by the way!

Since coming back I have had several items sell. I am doing my own experiment with what works for me and it is nice you have all these choices. Last night one of my auctions that is a relist got a bid. I am running it the old fashioned way.....low opening bid and hopefully it will get another bid or two. Until now I never realized the bids really do not show anywhere except in your HOT category on the front page.

I would like to request that there be a column created site-wide to show items that have bids. That would be in the SEARCH and on the seller search of AUCTIONS. Maybe you could make it optional to display in stores, but site wide I think it would be a good thing. The reason I say this is because it is human nature to be nosey and want to see what people are bidding on. It is also human nature to want to be the one who wins. :-) There is a lot of excitement that can be generated from seeing bids...IMHO.

Now before you guys all jump on me I did do some homework on your front page HOT category. If you click the tab at the top you will see there is over 2240 bids site-wide in HUNDREDS of categories.....so it is not like you don't have bids to show browsers. And by showing the bids I think you will encourage other sellers to list like items and bidders to get busy bidding! I know when I am searching and suddenly come across an item with several bids I get curious. Even sitting at a live on-site auction when all of a sudden bids start coming in fast and furious I sit up and take notice. I do think a lot of potential is being wasted by not showing the bids. And this is supppose to be an AUCTION site. IMHO this means you should be able to see the bids displayed prominently.

I'd love to be able to check my auction or store list and see at a glance WHO is bidding and on WHAT they are bidding on without having to click through to a dry list visible only to me....:-(

Okay....you all can start screaming at me now......:-(

Good idea

A maxim I've learnt with regard to usability is that you should never be in a hurry to make changes.
    IMHO that depends on the issue. When what you have done has the potential to mislead and even hurt people (blinking causing migraines) then it can't be fixed fast enough! The fact remains these blinking misleading icons make it look like there are tons of reserves on items with no reserves that puts bidders off...... as does not being able to understand if an item has a bid or not.....

Thread Information