My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Multiple stores same items listing

Question Multiple stores same items listing

Hi ebid new to here got my first store up and running listed in adults, But I have quite a few items to sell to the general user's of ebid, which I have listed in my store in adult sec, Is it possible to open another store with several of the items I'm selling in the store I have listed in the adults, in the secound store open to the general bidders NOT containing any offensive, vulger, or nudity. Just that the gay scene covers so much I could do with a secound with several same items in each store Cheers Ken

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by buttons-and-bows View Post
    Hi hun, you can only list one of each item across all the stores, any the same will get deleted.
    I find that rule a bit odd

I have some 'new age' type candles that I have in my new age store and my home and gift store.

So what you are saying is that if I have the candles in my home and gift store - if someone is looking for a new age store to browse they wont find the candles

That makes no sense at all to me.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnybooks06 View Post
    I find that rule a bit odd

I have some 'new age' type candles that I have in my new age store and my home and gift store.

So what you are saying is that if I have the candles in my home and gift store - if someone is looking for a new age store to browse they wont find the candles

That makes no sense at all to me.
    Most people don't browse the site via the stores. If all sellers stock multiple stores with the same items, those browsing via the auctions listings will see pages full of the same items - just like on t'other site - and this has been proven to put a lot of people off. Not to mention the fact that it is unfair to other sellers whose listings never see the light of day.

So, therefore, the rule is that if you have more than one of any item, you can only list them as a single Dutch auction. In this way you make multiple copies of the same item available but without swamping the site.

Forum Saint
    All-About moonwitch
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by damian_steele View Post
    If all sellers stock multiple stores with the same items,

I wasnt suggesting this - I was talking about having the same item in APPROPRIATE stores, not filling multiple stores with lots of the same items

swamping the site.

How could the site get swamped with my items being in the correct stores for their categories?
    What I saw on feebay were thousands of identical items listed within seconds of each other by the same seller - I dont see how me or even a thousand other sellers duplicating a couple of items amounts to what people were complaining about on feebay

Quote Originally Posted by sunnybooks06 View Post
    What I saw on feebay were thousands of identical items listed within seconds of each other by the same seller - I dont see how me or even a thousand other sellers duplicating a couple of items amounts to what people were complaining about on feebay
    Well, to be honest, it doesn't really matter. The rule is eBid's and has been there for quite some time, so I can't see them changing it any time soon. They had their reasons for creating it and I'm sure their reasons for keeping it haven't changed much since then.

Forum Saint
    All-About moonwitch
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by damian_steele View Post
    Well, to be honest, it doesn't really matter. The rule is eBid's and has been there for quite some time, so I can't see them changing it any time soon. They had their reasons for creating it and I'm sure their reasons for keeping it haven't changed much since then.
    no worries - I went back to my listings and deleted the duplicates in the home and gift store - so it's sorted now

Thread Information