Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: How do you create links?

Smile How do you create links?

Hello.
    I only joined here a few days ago after selling on 'the other site' for 2yrs. I want to email my regulars to get them over here but don't know how to 'create' links. After looking at the forums here I see links everywhere so it must be really easy to do. Is it just copy/paste? I know you probably think I'm a dipstick but hopefully someone here can help me. I don't want to post on the 'other site' forums as they seem to rip people to shreds over there for just asking a simple question!
    Until I get the hang of this, all I want is to email my store http:/ etc (from my ebid store page) to my old buyers. I've seen another thread on here about this subject but it seems complicated but I'm sure it isn't really.
    I know there is a lack of buyers over here so want to 'do my bit' to get more customers on the site.
    I've brought some eBid sticky tape!!
    Carol x

West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View merlin's Feedback (+3081)
    All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

it is always best to post things in their correct place ,
    as you have posted this in promoting ebid ?
    yes i know it is promoting ebid but it is also a help question

if you are going to email all your previous customers
    go into your my ebid on the right hand side in list
    click on buddy points , scroll down a little
    theres a link that you can copy & paste into your
    out going emails

Thanks for that and sorry I posted in the wrong place. Yes, it's probably more of a technical problem than promiting eBid. I will give your suggestion a go and see how I get on.
    Thanks again.
    Carol

View madelaine's Feedback (+5881)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

If people join through your link (as merlin has described) then you will get buddy points - eBid's own loyalty points - and you can bid on buddy points auctions (see the front page). I buy pens and give them away.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Hello Carol & welcome to EBID!!! Oh, I was a dipstick when i first came here. So much to learn and navaigate through their system It can be overwhelming. Just remember their are a lot of PRO'S here that give great advice and always quick answers with kindness and laughs.

sherri

Default links

#4 Hi Madelaine. Had about 100 regulars on e*ay so if I can get 10 over here than that's something! Every little helps as they say! If I can get buddy points too then all the better.

#5 Hi Sherri. So you were a dipstick too once! Nice to meet you! Yes, I need to find my feet a bit first but everyone has to start somewhere. It is a little daunting but I'll get the hang of it. Doing the same thing but just different location and procedures, that's all. I kept my nose clean on e*ay so will do the same over here.

Thanks guys for your replies!
    Carol

Thread Information