eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: USER ID Crossed Through ??

Forum Lurker
    View cldiva's Feedback (+17)
    All-About cldiva
    View cldiva's Listings
    Forum Posts

Whew! I had thought that a person would be removed immediately after 3 strikes. Now, can that person come back, if they straighten things out or use another User ID?
    Thanks, Linda
    View my listings:
    http://us.three.ebid.net/perl/main.c...arch&type=user
    Use my Buddy Link & join, buy & sell on eBid for FREE:
    http://us.three.ebid.net/perl/normal...=register-main

Kettering, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View scanjet1954's Feedback (+1757)
    All-About scanjet1954
    View scanjet1954's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyTheVeryBest View Post
    Hi Linda

This person had been a remarkable buyer and payer!!

But the last people she bought from (all multiple purchases) haven't been paid at all

Once the negative feedbacks started arriving on her account...it would have been an automatic strikethrough after first 3 negs

The rest of us are just going through the non payer system (so that we can re-claim auction fees) and adding more and more negatives!

Yvonne x
    This person has bought from me before and paid quickly until the last big order for which payment hasn't been received. She seems to have gone on a massive spending spree and obviously couldn't or decided not to make payment - a few more negs will be appearing soon.

Forum Lurker
    All-About cldiva
    View cldiva's Listings
    Forum Posts

So can she come back if she straightens things out or uses another User ID?
    Linda
    View my listings:

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyTheVeryBest View Post
    Hi Linda

This person had been a remarkable buyer and payer!!

But the last people she bought from (all multiple purchases) haven't been paid at all

Once the negative feedbacks started arriving on her account...it would have been an automatic strikethrough after first 3 negs

The rest of us are just going through the non payer system (so that we can re-claim auction fees) and adding more and more negatives!

Yvonne x
    she paid me- by paypal on 11th June. I only saw she had a strikethrough when i went to send a fedback reminder!. Could she be on holiday?

Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View stitchysyl's Feedback (+2137)
    All-About stitchysyl
    View stitchysyl's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HannaHolly View Post
    she paid me- by paypal on 11th June. I only saw she had a strikethrough when i went to send a fedback reminder!. Could she be on holiday?
    I am one of the people she bought from. She bought three items, paid immediately and then went on to buy another 11 BINs. Surely if she was going on holiday she should have had the decency to contact us...after all she has done this to at least five sellers all around the same time...

You say she paid you on 11th June...so obviously not on holiday when she purchased the items off me on 9th and 11th. She must have been on the pc to pay you...

if she is ill, then if she sorts things out I would be more than willing to change her feedback...

but until then I have no option than to treat her as any other NPB and relist the items.
    Last edited by stitchysyl; 21st June 2008 at 08:51 PM.

Forum Lurker
    All-About cldiva
    View cldiva's Listings
    Forum Posts

If I'm understnding correctly, she can no longer bid/ buy here on eBid after she has 3 strikes & the line thru her name. But, I still would like to know the procedure here if she goes back & straightens things out by paying for purchases (maybe she is in the hospital or something) or tries to just come back under another User ID. Can she do either of these or both?
    Linda
    View my listings:

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cldiva View Post
    If I'm understnding correctly, she can no longer bid/ buy here on eBid after she has 3 strikes & the line thru her name. But, I still would like to know the procedure here if she goes back & straightens things out by paying for purchases (maybe she is in the hospital or something) or tries to just come back under another User ID. Can she do either of these or both?
    Linda
    There's nothing stopping the buyer from paying for her purchases- the after sales nnotices and invoices whould have been emailed to her. If the buyer makes contact with the sellers, and makes payment they might consider changing the feedback from negative ( although they'll probably still comment on the lack of contact). If enough negatives are removed the buyer could ask ebid to consider lifting her ban.

Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View stitchysyl's Feedback (+2137)
    All-About stitchysyl
    View stitchysyl's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cldiva View Post
    Linda
    I don't know the process for her being able to come back, but as long as the strikes through her name she can't buy or sell.

I personally think she has been over enthusiastic with her buying, and then found she couldn't pay, as she has paid some people after she bought items off me..it has been frustrating seeing her pay other people whilst I am still waiting on payment....

I am not an unreasonable person and I feel the least she could have done is answer my emails and let me know if there was a problem.

At the end of the day I am not here to second guess why someone is a NPB. I would love to give everyone the benefit of the doubt but I state in my listings that I expect payment within seven days or I relist the item and I need to sell the items, especially as they mostly in aid of charities.

i think ebid verify who you are with your credit card so to rejoin she would have to do it with a card in another name

Reincarnation is just another repeat

Forum Lurker
    All-About cldiva
    View cldiva's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by charlesdexterward View Post
    i think ebid verify who you are with your credit card so to rejoin she would have to do it with a card in another name
    Thanks to all who have clarified the eBid NPB rules. Sounds as though it's a better safeguard than the "other" site. The fact that there needs to be a credit card on file will keep the bad types that purposely go to the "other" site just to ruin other people's feedback score.
    I'm STILL seething over a NPB who left negative feedback saying I didn't mail her Angel. Of course, not -- she never paid! I can't get them to remove it because she responded to the NPB complaint, saying she would send a money order. But, she didn't!
    View my listings:

Thread Information