Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ideas welcom on contacting darkside Customers

Question Ideas welcom on contacting darkside Customers

Hi , I know I sound simple , but I would like to send out a note when sending my items out to my darkside customers, but would like some ideas on what to put in it,
    Also I would like to contact old customers via email & again would like some ideas on what to say, as I still have a site on the darkside & can not leave untill I start a good level of sales here.

Thanks in advance for all the advice, I know how good you all are at helping other out.

regards Fran
    Attached Images Attached Images  

How About something like
    Dear ******
    I am writing to let you know about an exciting new store that I have just opened on a web auction site ebid/storename, I have moved my core business from theifbay for purely business reasons, ebay has become too restrictive and is making it difficult to concentrate on the core of my business which is you my customer, I would be pleased to see you at ebid and as an introductory offer please accept (free delivery, 5% off etc etc) Whilst there please do check out the other stores for bargains.
    Yours sincerely *****

ad lib where needed, main thing is not to make it to long, people get bored within 3 lines, I would probably put the header as something like opening soon 5%discount free p&p or whatever but you need the carrot so people look.
    Ken will have some useful input I am sure of it hes been here a while now and I guess has been through what we are all doing.

Quote Originally Posted by JustTheRightSize View Post
    Hi , I know I sound simple , but I would like to send out a note when sending my items out to my darkside customers, but would like some ideas on what to put in it,
    Also I would like to contact old customers via email & again would like some ideas on what to say, as I still have a site on the darkside & can not leave untill I start a good level of sales here.

Thanks in advance for all the advice, I know how good you all are at helping other out.

regards Fran
    Hi Welcome to Ebid ......... you could put something like you really appreciate their past custom ....... and would like them to know you are now on Ebid and would be pleased to see them again ..... hope thats of some use

Thanks for your ideas, i will start drafting some stuff tomorrow, amazing how quick people get back to on here, I dont make you feel stupid.

again many thanks

Heres a useful site for letters, short straight to the point and not boring, put you shop graphics on and if you have a database of what they have bought previously put the item in aswell
    http://www.4hb.com/letters/index.html
    I have got 4 customers over here so far its not alot but its a start,
    have not finished my mail yet either lol

Forum Lurker
    View bidnwin's Feedback (+16)
    All-About bidnwin
    View bidnwin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi JustTheRightSize, this is the letter I send my ebay customers, hope it helps.

Hi ****, as a previous ebay customer I am sending this note to let you know that I have listed another *** item that you may be interested in.

Due to the recent move by ebay towards becoming an internet mall and discouraging it’s smaller sellers by increasing it’s charges to an uneconomical level I have moved to the established alternative auction site Ebid.

I still accept Paypal payments and the usual payment methods for your convenience.

Below you will find the links to take you to my page on this site.

As there are no listing fees I am able to offer items slightly cheaper than I was able to on Ebay and as the site is smaller you will find that there may be less opposing bidders so again you will find that you may get the item at a lower cost than previously on Ebay.

I do hope we can continue trading and hope you will take this opportunity to browse Ebid where you will find many bargains.

Regards,

Forum Newbie
    All-About eleganttreasures
    View eleganttreasures's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi I have been putting a nice card in my items when I post them to let my customers know that I am now listing items on ebid...I am a bit technically challenged so this may be a stupid questions for many of you who have been doing this longer then me How do I make a link to my site on here to post in emails when communicating with my buyers in feebay

thanks

Forum Newbie
    View acecrafts's Feedback (-11)
    All-About acecrafts
    View acecrafts's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi, i have been designing some compliment slips. "thank you for your purchase visit our new shop at :.......... "

Hope this helps, Ang

Hi I've simply added a signiture link to my emails directing everyone here. Most customers have been sent an email, informing them of this great on-line auction site.
    Angela x

View TexasAda's Feedback (+635)
    All-About TexasAda
    View TexasAda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hope this isn't covering something you've already considered, but when I emailed my eBoy buyers (AND sellers), I acquired their "real" email addresses as supplied in their PooPal transactions, so i didn't have to use eBoy's messaging system. I'm quite certain censors are in action there and I don't want to be OH HORRORS suspended from eBoy because once in a blue moon if i am weak i might want to buy something there. It's getting very easy to cut the cord to that place, though!

Thread Information