My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Help with listing rules

Question Help with listing rules

Hi, I am seriously thinking of selling on Ebid as well as Feebay in the hope that eventually I can get away from Feebay altogether. However I am having trouble finding listing rules and don't want to violate any listing policies. For example can you have choice of sizes in your listings? Also I have very high feedback but obviously will start with zero here, can I link to my Feebay feedback to give people more confidence to buy from me? My other concern is that questions have to be answered within 24 hours, occasionally at the weekend I don't have access to the internet. What happens if someone asks a question and I don't answer it, apart from looking like a bad seller does the listing get pulled? Anybody that has sold on both sites and can give me any advice would be very much appreciated.

bump

Reincarnation is just another repeat

View cmjewels925's Feedback (+7924)
    All-About cmjewels925
    View cmjewels925's Listings
    Forum Posts

The listing rules are here http://uk.ebid.net/help_selling.php#28

You can offer a choice of size but with free listings, why not do a separate listing for each size? If I'm looking for something that comes in various sizes, I tend to search specifically for the size I'm looking for and only if that doesn't bring up many results will I search without the size criteria.

You can show an image of your feedback but links to other e-commerce enabled sites aren't allowed. A few people use repatoo for this but please, if you use them, disable the link to feebay.

I've never seen a time limit for answering questions anywhere. Obviously, the quicker you can answer a potential customer, the better but eBid are not going to apply any sanctions to your account because you haven't answered a question in a set amount of time.

CMEJewellery For all your jewellery needs.

Beads 'n' Bobs For beads.

Charms 'n' Findings For charms and jewellery making supplies.

View klj's Feedback (+3320)
    All-About klj
    View klj's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by newconnections View Post
    Hi, I am seriously thinking of selling on Ebid as well as Feebay in the hope that eventually I can get away from Feebay altogether. However I am having trouble finding listing rules and don't want to violate any listing policies. For example can you have choice of sizes in your listings? Also I have very high feedback but obviously will start with zero here, can I link to my Feebay feedback to give people more confidence to buy from me? My other concern is that questions have to be answered within 24 hours, occasionally at the weekend I don't have access to the internet. What happens if someone asks a question and I don't answer it, apart from looking like a bad seller does the listing get pulled? Anybody that has sold on both sites and can give me any advice would be very much appreciated.
    Welcome newconnections!

You can use your My eBid page to let people know about your experience and feedback (just give them a user name for other sites). You can also let buyers know on that page about your weekend schedule. Or, at the top of your listings there is a space for a note and lots of sellers here tell people when they will be away in that space. They are a bit more relaxed over here and you are unlikely to be pulled for not answering a question within 24 hours.
    As already mentioned, you can list each size separately or if you open a store and have enough listings just use the categories list for different sizes and list each item that way. The link above should help, but always come back to the forums if you have more questions - there are some real pros here who are a great help.

Many thanks for your replies, I will definately be setting up a store soon and I'm sure I'll be back with more questions!!

Thread Information